BBQ Tofu & Mac and Cheese

Peoria, Arizona
It was a simple dinner tonight and actually becoming one of my favorite dinners. We had leftover mac and cheese from when we had fish sticks the other day. Because that is the only way I will eat fish sticks is if I have mac and cheese and of course ranch to dip the fish sticks in. It is funny, I like fish in some ways, I ADORE sushi but I am not a big fan of fish sticks. My mom hates fish, hates pretty much all fish meals but loves fish sticks. But anyway, we also had some tofu! And apparently one of my favorite ways to have tofu is to have barbeque sauce on it. It just tastes so nice. Oh and we had some sliced cucumbers on the side because veggies are happiness and delicous. But yeah that was din dins for today. I am going to go play some Sims now because my brain is broken from work.
That is a perfect dinner! I cooked oysters,
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oysters are delicious, I love them! @andriaperry
• Peoria, Arizona
I don't think I have ever had oysters. I know I have had clams though and those were so weird.
I've never had fish sticks. They seem like the McNugget of the seafood world.
And so good!
• Peoria, Arizona
It are nice for a quick and easy meal haha or a "I have no idea what I cooking but there are fish sticks in th back of the freezer and they are not frostbitten so let's eat them."
@amnabas (11378)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Sounds yummy...barbqued eatables sauces and meats are always delicious.
• Peoria, Arizona
We love bbq sauces in this house very much haha
@rakski (36875)
that sounds a delicious meal all together
• Peoria, Arizona
It was a good meal!
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Fish sticks are inferior fish, I think it's Pollock which is a fish that I don't like. Tofu, I've never had it before. How do you cook it?
Fish sticks rock!
• Peoria, Arizona
Tofu can be cooked in many ways. The most important thing to do though is to press it to get all the liquid out of it. I don't know what happens if you don't, but that is what the instructions say. You don't even really have to cook it but it tastes better that way especially if you season it and sauces. It is kind of like chicken, it will tastes like whatever you put on it.
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DesirousDreamer I want to try tofu some day, very soon! Thanks, for letting me know how to cook it:)
@CarolDM (40806)
Fish sticks are good but not a fan of tofu.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am the opposite haha
I am not a big fan of fish sticks but I do love chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce.
• Peoria, Arizona
Oh my goodness, I love chicken nuggets. I should suggest that to my mom at some point haha
@Deepizzaguy (21993)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You had a great dinner tonight which is a good deal.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yep yep
• Rupert, Idaho
I enjoy fish sticks and mac n cheese as well! Although I'd have them with fries, or mashed potatoes as the side too. I never thought to try tofu with BBQ sauce. That might give it good flavor....I still don't know about the texture to try it myself!
• Peoria, Arizona
I don't think we have ever had fries with fish sticks before. I know we have had mashed potatoes with it and it is fun dipping the fish sticks in the potatoes haha. It does give it good flavor because it literally just tastes like the sauce haha I wish I could give an example of what tofu is like but it is just so interesting.
• Rupert, Idaho
@DesirousDreamer Oh yeah, dipping the fish sticks in mashed potatoes and gravy would be fun! I love doing that with chicken strips! That's good to know about the tofu with the BBQ sauce and it tasting just like the sauce....if i ever get brave enough to try it I will.
• Peoria, Arizona
@MommyOfEli2013 Never had fish sticks in gravy before haha But chicken strips absolutely that is amazing.