I had to make an extra stop

I often try to streamline things, and that caused my problem. I wear a backpack to work. It has my set of keys, bill fold, lunch bag, notebooks for classrooms, etc. Often if I am just going one place I put my car key on my billfold strap. I did that last night. I planned my " girls' night" because I knew hubby would be gone as well, not just sitting home alone. So my friend and I had coffee and snacks at Wendy's, in a town twenty miles from here. We visited longer than usual. I got in my car, and pulled around to leave, and realized that I did not bring my house keys. And hubby is gone. Bowling. So on the way home, my simple solution was to just drop in and say "Hi" and get his house keys. I could have waited, but he bowled for two more hours. I stayed up a bit late last night, slept in late (6 a.m.) this morning. I am headed out the door to get on the bus now. He is still sound asleep. Have a great day.
bless yer heart, i'm jest glad he 'twas 'vailable to get those keys. hope ya weren't too rushed this morn.
No, 6 is plenty of time, as I go to the bus, two blocks away, at 7:30. I try to get up earlier to do housework because I have more energy there.
@GardenGerty i keep fergettin' such's so close :) don't blame ya wishin' to tackle what'cha can prior to leavin'.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
Good, you got your keys. My neighbour has a spare set and so does my daughter.
I have a spare house key, but right now it is in my desk because I am not sure where I would want to leave it. Absolutely not with my only neighbor.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@GardenGerty I guess it has to be someone trusted
• Agra, India
I'm glad everything was under controm
Yes, it was only a little inconvenient.
• Agra, India
@GardenGerty yeah....that is pretty fine then
@kareng (18193)
Good that you did not have to sit outside and wait for Bill to get home. I hate when that happens here.
Yes, this is one of the lucky occasions when I just drove right past where he was.
@kareng (18193)
@GardenGerty I left my keys at home a couple of times when I was still working. Of course, I got off an hour earlier than the hubby.
I should find a safe hiding place and keep a spare key in the garden, just to play safe.
Yes, I need to decide what would be a safe place. I have a spare.
@GardenGerty A safe place is what is important, I have to decide a place that no one could guess, surely not under the doormat.
Married life sounds wonderful and as long as either of you know where the other is, both can not get locked out . . . YEY
It has not always worked that smoothly, but it did this time. It kept me from getting grumpy.
Glad you got your keys then. A woman locked herself out of her car here and borrowed a hanger.
While we were on vacation our car decided to lock itself and a hangar would not do the trick. We had road service help us. Later hubby added some lubricant and worked the lock some so it will function again.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got in and didnt have to wait.
Yes, me too. I wanted a shower and some sleep.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I keep an 'extra' house key stashed near the back door (hidden of course) in case I ever lock my keys in the house. I've needed it a few times.
At my old house I kept one in the shed. I need to get creative here and place one.
@CinnamonGrl (6193)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
I'm glad you were able to get a key and that you hadn't just lost yours in some random place. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your buddy.
Yes, this is one of my oldest friends.
I have to be careful if I go anywhere without Vince. We do so much together these days, I often leave my handbag at home. If I do this and go out alone, I have no money with me.