Any Ebay Sellers Here?

@kareng (18193)
I know many of us here on MyLot do several different things to make extra money. Who else sells on Ebay? Ebay is a nice platform to sell unwanted things. You can list just about anything there whether it is new or used. I have been using Ebay for at least 20 years. I had been doing a little low-key selling on Ebay but then I picked up a little side job to see for a small business that sold golf balls and golfing equipment of all kinds. I didn't know anything about golf, but soon picked up on terms and also learned all about golf clubs and all the accessories. I started selling on Ebay again after Jewelry In Candles closed doors a couple of years ago. I had a lot of stock because I sold the candles and tarts in an antique store and also a flea market. I had a big team under me and was a Director with the company. I just wanted to start this discussion to talk with other Ebay sellers, to exchange tips, to give and get advice, etc. I'll be adding more in the comments of the discussion. Are you an Ebay seller? What do you sell there? Any tips for newbies wanting to get started there? Photo Credit: Pixabay, public domain
I used to sell quite a bit on Ebay but once I stopped I forgot the password blah blah and ended up starting a new account. So of course I don't have a long 'history' like I had on my first account. Postage has gone up a huge amount too so that has put me off starting up again.
@kareng (18193)
@JudyEv There is a discount when you do your postage through Ebay but my printer is currently down and not working. What did you sell there when you were active?
@kareng Books and Beswick horse ornaments mostly.
@kareng (18193)
@JudyEv Oh, you gotta show us a picture of the Beswick horse ornaments.
Is it difficult to sell things on ebay? i've been wanting to give it a try for a while
@kareng (18193)
It all depends on what you sell. I find that eventually, it will sell.
@kareng Thank you!!! :D
@kareng (18193)
@samysotelo18 You are welcome. Start small then as you learn the ropes build your inventory.
no ma'am, that i'd not be. the aunt's pushed fer such quite a few years. i've no desire to sell anythin' to anyone. folks make me cranky, most wantin' somethin' fer nothin'.
@kareng (18193)
You are the boss. So if you say they will not get it for nothing they don't. You are in control of all the prices, and offers received.
@kareng true, but there'd be so many whiners out there. i used to sell my homemade candles/soaps 'n other goods. 'twas a nightmare. they drove me nuttier'n an o'erloaded fruitcake. i 'twas kind'a glad when i fell ill'n could no longer tolerate the scents - thus made no more. the aunt took what i'd 'lready made to a Christmas bizarre 'n sold 't all.
@kareng (18193)
@crazyhorseladycx One of my sister-in-laws used to make beautiful candles. I'm sorry you couldn't tolerate the scents anymore. It sounds like you really enjoyed making the candles and soaps. What process did you use with the soap making? I want to do more of that.
@1creekgirl (17627)
I buy sometimes on ebay and used to sell once in a while, but it's gotten to be a buyer's market. I don't know how others can sell things so cheap and make any profit at all. Then anything I want to sell, there are hundreds exactly like it and people want it for a dollar. And free shipping!
@1creekgirl (17627)
@kareng I've done auctions, make an offer, and buy it now, but I just don't make much of a profit.
@kareng (18193)
@1creekgirl What do you sell there?
@1creekgirl (17627)
@kareng I've sold different things: books, shoes, kids toys, I don't remember what all.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
I used to sell on Ebay but stopped as the post office run was too tedious
@kareng (18193)
I don't mind the post office run. It is the post office prices that get me sometimes. Yesterday I had a small package that didn't weigh much more than a pound and it was $12.05 to mail.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@kareng Yes, posting is expensive and eBay like you to give free postage
@kareng (18193)
@Gillygirl If you give free postage that needs to be absorbed into the price of the item.
@DocAndersen (7829)
i have been selling on eBay for a long time, I am not a fan anymore. It is not the platform it was, and the fees continue to go up.
@kareng (18193)
Do you not get the promos for free listings every month? I get them about times a month. The first one is 50 free listings at the beginning of the month, the second 100 or 200 mid-month and the last one is 100 at the end of the month?
@LindaOHio (10276)
I used to sell collectibles on Ebay. I got tired of the taking pictures, weighing the package, writing the copy, following various sales, collecting the money, wrapping up the package, going to the post office... It wasn't a collectible; but I once sold a man's leather coat with the tags still on it for $.99. There was only ONE bid. The tips say start at $.99 and start a bidding war. Yeah, right! That really soured me on Ebay. Years before that Ebay was a lot different; and I sold a lot of stuff and made decent money. Don't let me discourage you. Try it, you may do well.
@kareng (18193)
You can't start bidding at costs way under what the product cost you. I've been selling there on and off for like I said 20 years or more. You also have to find out what sells if you want if to be a moneymaker for you.
I have sold at ebay, clothing and books, collectibles. I tried to sell Sunshine`s store stuff there but people low balled and I couldn`t make any money so I pulled those products.