I won ANOTHER free cruise!!!

By JJ
@myklj999 (31401)
Olney, Illinois
I'm so excited!!! This is the 23rd free cruise I have won in the past few years!!! (Or the 10th. Or something. Several anyway.) And my meals are paid for, and yada yada yada, and woof woof woof, and so on and such, and...and... ...and this is where I ask who'll feed Scar while I am gone? And then I explain Scar is my friend and I either need free tickets for him or someone will have to stop by and feed him while I'm gone. Also, I tell them I need several hundred dollars for gas so I can drive to Florida to get on the cruise. And they ask "Why don't you fly?" And I say "Sure, you can pay for airline tickets instead of my gas, but I'll need gas to get to the airport." And THEY say "Oh, we don't pay for that part." And I say "Well, unless the ship can pick me up in Olney, I don't think I can go." *click* If I have to pay for anything, it ain't 'free'.
I've also won free holidays but couldn't go because they had to be taken outside school holidays. As I was a teacher that meant no free hols for me. But it was possible to send someone else. My cousin and her husband went to Turkey for ten days instead of me. Everything was paid for. My cousin 'licked blood' (a German saying) and also took part in comps. She won a week-long coach tour for two people through Scotland.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
This is actually pretty much a 'spam' phone call here
@myklj999 There wouldn't be spam calls if spammers didn't gain anything from them. I wonder what they gain from telling people that they've won a free cruise.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
@MALUSE That depends on how you define 'spam'. I'm sure many people go ahead and take their surveys they want you to take before you get the 'free' cruise, etc. Those surveys in turn take your email address, physical address, telephone number, etc., and sell those off to other spammers. There have been spam calls for decades...they also call it 'telemarketing'.
I just love those kinds of calls, I like to raz em for a while before I tell em that Ally is my dog. You're right though, it should be ALL expenses paid.
@CarolDM (40806)
Pack your bags!
@FourWalls (20928)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Congratulations! All we need are your social security number, date of birth, and mother’s maiden name to confirm your prize!
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
My Mom was kind of popular...you may have heard of her...Judy Collins...and my step-father was Bob Weir. True story.
@FourWalls (20928)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@myklj999 — too bad your stepdad’s name wasn’t Charlie Watts, or else you could tell all the scam callers “papa was a Rolling Stone.”
@kobesbuddy (82503)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I wonder what ta heck they're actually promoting, it's maybe a one way ticket! Then, you'd have to pay double the amount, to get back home. If you gave them a credit or debit card number, they'd drain all your accounts dry.
@BarBaraPrz (24174)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Darn right! Where were you not going this time?
@Lolaze (4309)
• St. Louis, Missouri
I can box you up and mail you down to Florida! I’ll even stay at your place and be Scar’s human slave while you’re gone. All you have to do in return is catch that local groundhog and give him to me as a pet. Sound like a deal?
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm not fast enough
@Lolaze (4309)
• St. Louis, Missouri
@myklj999 can’t you rig up some type of live trap?
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
@Lolaze Dunno, never tried trapping hogs
@janethwayne (4247)
Wow it must be a lucky year for you.I wish I win like that too but in my dreams because I did not join any raffle to win anything.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I didn't join any raffle either, it was a spam phone call
I got that one last week, but I just hung up on the guy because I was busy. I feel the same way, if its free, I pay nothing. How much gas to Olney?
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Looks like it is running $2.65.9 today
@psanasangma (2991)
Congratulation ! it will exciting
@Morleyhunt (20772)
I've been offered rewards from airlines for being a loyal customer! That always makes me laugh....one of the airlines, I flew once, one way, 14 years ago....the other I've flown twice, a year ago. The airline I've flown the most hasn't offered me any loyalty rewards....I wonder why?
Everything offered as "free" costs a lot of money.
How lucky you are!
You'd think they'd make allowances for Scar.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
Nothing is truly free anymore.
i 'gree with ya there, hon. i ne'er answer calls these days i dunno who'd be'n the other end. telemarketers 'n folks 'p to no good 're oft'n the other end'f the line. i've no patience with 'em these days.
@rakski (36875)
I will volunteer to take care of Scar but you need to pay for my ticket to go there.
@nanette64 (19391)
• Fairfield, Texas
I feel ya; I hate those calls @myklj999 .
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
Those calls are amusing at times. I like winding them up
What about food / accomodation on the way to Florida?