Julia's Flowerstock

I cannot call it a beanstock, although it has grown as quick as one. It never ceases to amaze me how a simple seed can grow and flourish like this, and do it so silently and quickly. I wish that I had a barrel of monkeys, remember those, to hang from the branches. Just make it look a little more friendly. I cannot believe how large this plant has gotten. I am going to have to think about bringing it inside, especially for the cool nights that we are having. I can just see it all decorated with some tinsel and lights in a few more months. Grown anything hearty lately? ~Photo is mine
Just like you, I am always amazed to see how big a plant begins in only a few months. I am so sorry to see the Auturm come. Soon all my peppers and tomatoes plants have to be thrown in the garbage.
We have summer back yesterday and today it seems, but it will be very short lived and we will be thrown back into the cooler weather of autumn.
@Juliaacv During the day is still very warm, but we went down to 10 Celsius during the night, not good for the vegetables.
@LadyDuck That is quite cool. Last night it got very warm and humid here and I woke up a couple of times during the night feeling hot from the weather.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
That has grown in leaps and bounds. I rook some cuttings of a curry plant and they have grown very fast
I think that its amazing how much they can grow in such a short period of time.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv You could climb up it soon.
@Gillygirl I'll throw you down a rope! We can build a treehouse up there.
• Israel
@Juliaacv It is a very big plant. Enjoy it.
The rate of growth just amazes me.
• Israel
@Juliaacv That is nice and it sure is big.
@Hannihar Thank you.
I don't have a green thumb
I'm lucky that I have one.
@Juliaacv my dad had one
@Tampa_girl7 Mine did too.
@DeborahDiane (28039)
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, you should definitely decorate it for Christmas! Once, when we were staying in a hotel for the holidays, our daughters could not stand the idea that we did not have a Christmas tree, so they decorated the artificial plant in the hotel room with homemade decorations!
I think that if I can keep it alive over the winter I should be able to thin it out by taking plants off of the stem to pot.
• Laguna Woods, California
@Juliaacv - I have taken shoots of geraniums and grown new ones from the shoots. I had plants from the same geranium for more than a decade, until they got so "woody" I decided to start over with a new geranium. It sure saves a lot of money, though, when I only have to buy a new geranium once every decade!
@DeborahDiane You've done better then I ever have. I used to bring my geraniums in and hang them by the roots in the crawl space for the winter and then repot them in the new year and they would be big and in bloom by outdoor planting season. This plant will allow me to take some good sized plants right off of the main stem and allow them to root and become new plants. All of this from a little seed-I'm so cheap!
Good evening Julia.You be amazed how large that it can get.
I know, I'm surprised already.
@Juliaacv Have a good evening.Shutting down for the night
@amadeo Good night.
@stringer321 (4314)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
The opposite, I get irritated every year seeing the weed grows back at my grandmother's garden and each year I help taking it off. I sometimes like seeing fruit grows on trees, if I can pick up some, even better.
I love it when flowers come up on their own each year.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Juliaacv sure, I do too, but I don't like taking them off just because they grow in my grandmother's garden. Weed is nice when it grows somewhere else.
oh wow! 'tis truly grown since ya last posted a pic 'f such. congrats! no ma'am, 'nless ya count grasshoppers'n spiders. i've a massive surplus 'f both!
Isn't the growth something else? I am amazed at it when I look and see that it will literally grow a couple of inches over the course of a weekend.
@Juliaacv seems the most perfect plant fer folks who're impatient - like my sweet momma, lol. i'm so glad this's done so well!
@JESSY3236 (10028)
wow. My mother has a cactus that has been growing alot. Although I think she had to get rid of some of it because my uncle's cats kept getting in it.
I have a cactus plant that I transplanted from our garden and put it into an outdoor pot. It stays outside all winter long, thru the snow and freezing temperatures, and comes back to life each and every year. A cactus is a very resilient plant.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
ThT looks like it might be a coleus. It's one of the plants I have successfully kept alive in the house. I'm a lazy house plant mom....most die from neglect,
Yes, it is a coleus, started from a little seed. I am going to try to keep it alive over the winter because there is growth off of the main stem that would make for great bedding plants next spring.
Nope, the only thing I have is my rather pathetic geranium and I will bring it back in soon and see if we can keep it alive through another winter.
I used to take my geraniums out of the dirt and hang them by the roots in the crawl space and then in the new year I would repot them and they'd be blooming by the time that we were ready to plant outside.
@rakski (36875)
that is a nice looking plant
Thanks, its growing like crazy.
@CarolDM (40806)
Monkeys would be cute hanging on the side. Nothing here, I transplanted some vines inside and I don't think they are gonna make it. They were almost root bound. I may have waited too late. I have been so focused on birds and the garden outside. But we will see.
I find that its always a tough call to know just when to transplant a plant before it gets root bound but is still in a healthy state.
Fast growing plant, what is the name of it?
Its a coleus, I planted it as a tiny seed and I've already had to transplant it twice.
It's doing really well, isn't it? It would be cute to have monkeys hanging off it.