Has anyone ever forgotten about your birthday?

@lovebuglena (12738)
Staten Island, New York
One of my online friends had a birthday on Sunday and his wife forgot about it. How is it possible that a person forgets his/her spouse's birthday? I find it very strange. It just makes no sense to me. Something that important cannot be forgotten. And it doesn't have to be a spouse. It can be parents, a sibling or some other close family member. I've actually had it happen to me that some people didn't wish me a happy birthday when they should've known when my birthday was. It was not a great feeling. I don't expect a call. A text or even an email will do.
@crossbones27 (26972)
• Redlands, California
That is crazy, be wise if you know your spouse's birthday. My friends still do not know my birthday and brother and sister seem to struggle to remember it. I keep it that way though because birthdays overrated, but get its the thought of it and not everyone like me. Some really into that type of stuff.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Maybe some people know your birthday but just don't wanna wish you anything.
• Redlands, California
@lovebuglena Wow, that was cold. Did I piss you off or something. I am not mad.very funny in a cold mean way.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@crossbones27 But happens though... people purposefully don't wish someone a happy birthday.
@CarolDM (40806)
Yes many of my friends and family have but it is not a big deal to me any more.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
But when someone is important to a person how can that person forget and not say anything on their special day?
@CarolDM (40806)
@lovebuglena It happens all the time Lena. Some people are selfish, some people actually forget, many many reasons.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@CarolDM And some people say it but do not mean it.
@Aleskys (216)
• Venezuela
Hello, that is serious for your wife to forget her birthday, I always keep in mind the birthdays of my loved ones and friendships. I am very detailed in that, tomorrow is my mother's birthday and I have it present all the years not only that day.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
If hubby forgot my birthday I'd be deeply hurt.
@Aleskys (216)
• Venezuela
@lovebuglena Of course it is understandable, it usually hurts when it is a close person who forgets it and more if it is who you love ..
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@Aleskys I think my dad forgot a few times that it was my mom's birthday. But in his defense he just didn't realize the date was the date of my mom's birthday. Like it was Feb. 21st but he thought it was a different date that day.
@LindaOHio (10276)
After more than 50 years together my husband still thinks that my birthday is on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day) instead of the 16th.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Why does he think that after so many years?
@LindaOHio (10276)
@lovebuglena Sometimes I think he does it to tease me...so now I make plans for going out to dinner enough in advance and remind him constantly...but he still will say my birthday is on the 17th.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@LindaOHio Maybe he is just teasing you.
@moffittjc (60096)
• Gainesville, Florida
When I was married, I was horrendous at remembering our anniversary date. I always got it mixed up. Either we were married on April 25th and I thought it was on the 26th, or we were married on the 26th and I thought it was the 25th. To this day, I still can't remember.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Why not ask and then write it down?
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Not that I will ever forget but in hubby's contact on my iPhone I have entered our wedding date, anniversary date, and the date of when we first met.
@moffittjc (60096)
• Gainesville, Florida
@lovebuglena That's actually a really good idea! Very smart for thinking to keep track of all that information!
@infatuatedbby (104793)
I hid my birthday from Facebook so only real family/friends know and they usually comment or text me. I have all important family members listed on my calendar I make every year from Shutterfly. It does happen that we forget though..
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
So on FB, if you do not display your birthday people you are friends with on there will not get notified when it's your birthday?
@lovebuglena that is correct
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
@infatuatedbby I did not know that.
@moonandstars (22031)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I think my best friend on college forgot it but, I was too blinded by our too good relationship (later, I discovered it was fake) so, I didn't pay attention though, I should.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
A fake relationship? That's terrible.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@lovebuglena When feelings are fake, it's the worst.
• Israel
@lovebuglena On facebook we get announcements when it is one of my friend's birthdays. There were some people I thought would wish me a happy birthday but they did not. I was really disappointed.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
I would be disappointed too. Not a lot of people wish me a happy birthday on FB.
• Israel
@lovebuglena Don't your friends get announcements that it is your birthday? I was very disappointed.
My brother often forgets, it's not a big deal, I do not care anymore.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Are you two close?
@lovebuglena We were very close in the past, not really now, we live in two different countries and we never meet.
@Ladanger (10767)
Same happened to me last month.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Who forgot about your birthday?
@Ladanger (10767)
Sometimes people have things on their mind and it could happen. My mom forget her brothers birthday, this year. You can get overwhelmed by what is going on in your own life that you simply don't remember a simple thing such as a birthday.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
You make a valid point here. Did she at least remember the next day?
@lovebuglena no, he lives in another state, and because she doesn’t see him I guess forget . Her mind is on overload with many things right now highly stressed.
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Just to be remembered on our Birthday, means a lot. It's not the gifts, but to feel valuable is what actually counts.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
Yes. Just remembering means a lot.
@kobesbuddy (82505)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena An e-mail, maybe a card, or even a phone call. They are all signs of caring!
@ilocosboy (44633)
Yeah, I have experienced this also, not from my wife but from close relatives and friends. But maybe this happen because of some reasons.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
I think she just simply forgot. But you can always write the birthday date down and even create reminders on your phone for birthdays. And if you are connected to the person on FB the site reminds you. So there really should be no reason to forget and not wish someone a happy birthday.
@ilocosboy (44633)
This is also my concern because my Facebook account don't remind people of my birthday, I tried fixed it but still don't appear in their reminder.
@psanasangma (2991)
Sometime I have a problem in remembering... other's birthday ..
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
That's why writing them down helps. I do that, though I remember when it's someone's birthday thankfully.
@JESSY3236 (10028)
My fiance always forgets my birthday. He knows it's in February though. I don't mind if he sends me a text early or late, just as long it's send in February.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
At least he does it the same month as your birthday.
Maybe a friend might not know it. But I expect my husband to know about.
@lovebuglena (12738)
• Staten Island, New York
It is very weird that a person would forget his/her spouse's birthday unless maybe they have severe memory problems.