To Post Or Not To Post

@porwest (18296)
I was sitting here, on the road again traveling, pondering the question, "Should I post, or should I NOT post?" I mean, I am BEHIND on my own posts, and so if I am not done getting back to all of the comments on the older posts SHOULD I be posting anything new? Get done with one thing before initiating starting having to get done with another, right? I have not decided yet whether I WILL post or will not. Decisions, decisions. Meanwhile I am trying to go through some of my notifications and will look for some other interesting posts to read and comment on. But should I post? Wait... This is not working... This IS a post, isn't it? Ugh. What gives?
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
*dons thinking cap* But in reality, everything you do is a 'post'. You post a discussion, you post a response, you post a comment.
@porwest (18296)
Very astute observation, sir. But I expect no less from the likes of you of course.
I always post, meaning a discussion. Then hopefully my friends have something to read while I'm busy catching up with notifications.
@porwest (18296)
That's the way the wheels turn around here of course.
• Rupert, Idaho
Well I guess you decided to post after all! Lol. But that is a good question....I normally go through recent notifications, post, check some new posts, and go through more notifications.
@porwest (18296)
I used to do what I called 'circles.' In other words, mostly when commenting, I'd answer a notification, then pick a random person who commented on that post and read their post and comment, and then find another person on THAT post and read and comment. The fun part of that was finding some posts you might not otherwise find. I might start doing it that way again for a while. I have been kind of bored with 'most recent activity,' the place I find most of my posts to read and comment on.
• Rupert, Idaho
@porwest That sounds like an interesting way to do things! I never thought of that. And I rarely go through most recent activity...I usually go to the posts by those I am following and read most of them, when I can.
@porwest (18296)
22h
@MommyOfEli2013 I never pay much attention to followers. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But I still feel like I get around to quite a few people around here.
@moffittjc (60096)
• Gainesville, Florida
I often debate that myself. I struggle keeping up with my notifications, let alone add to them with new posts. But yet I still find myself doing it anyway.
@porwest (18296)
Part of what slows me down big time on responding to comments on my own posts is I pretty much make a habit out of going to read something from the commenter as well. So, going through my comments on my own posts takes more timeā€”and you have to be sort of in the mood to do that.
@moffittjc (60096)
• Gainesville, Florida
15h
@porwest that's funny, I do the same thing!
Sometimes you just need to do it and not think about it. Overthinking just brings a lot of questions. Just do it!
@porwest (18296)
Wise words from a wise woman.
@porwest Thank you. I have my moments.
Post, then notifications, then read and comment, then back to notifications.... last hurry up and turn it off.
@porwest (18296)
I never have a set way of doing it, really. Maybe if I DID have a better plan in place I'd get more done around here.
• Lenox, Georgia
We don't mind how behind you are, we will still respond. =)
@porwest (18296)
Always good to know. The people on MyLot are truly some of the best people around.
You posted
@porwest (18296)
I did. Didn't I. Hmm.
@LindaOHio (10276)
Since you already posted, I will comment. You can post something new anytime you want! Now go get caught up on your Discussions and Notifications. :-D