Waiting for National 'Hate All Muslims Day' to start and the idiocy it brings...

By JJ
@myklj999 (31401)
Olney, Illinois
Yep. Today, the 18th anniversary of the Twin Towers, will bring out all the haters. That large group that thinks ALL Muslims are responsible for the tragedy, instead of the terrorists that committed it. But that's America. So to avoid the stupidity, I'll likely stay away from facebook for most of the day. Because after 18 years, I've realized how stupid it is to argue with idiots. There will never be world peace, because there is simply too much hate everywhere.
You're right, there will never be world peace in this lifetime. It was hate that brought the terrorist attacks plain and simple.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I've 'unfollowed' dozens of people at facebook because of their unreasoning belief that all Muslims are evil. I've even blocked a few of them. This year, I'm not going to let myself get dragged into it.
@myklj999 They are closing the tunnel under the Detroit River which is an international crossing between Windsor and Detroit today. They claim it is for a memorial, but they need to realize, that as difficult as it is, life goes on. There are a lot of people who rely on that crossing to go to work, and a lot that rely on the bridge and it will increase the traffic there. Crazy day.
I’ve been getting annoyed at all of the pictures of the towers on FB and people saying that it keeps getting deleted. No it hasn’t.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Yes, all the 'facebook keeps deleting this, let's flood facebook with it' crap.
@CarolDM (40806)
You cannot argue with those who do not know what they are talking about. But you already know this. Too much hate is right unfortunately.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I fall into that trap at times...trying to make them see something...then I finally realize they are too busy not looking on purpose
@CarolDM (40806)
@myklj999 I know, you want to help them but some are too far gone to help.
What a stupid thing to do, not all Muslims are terrorists, not all terrorists are Muslims. Instead of forgetting and move on they spread more hate, idiots!
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
It gets pretty stupid to say the least
@myklj999 We are going nowhere if we continue to label all Muslims as terrorist.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I did what I usually did and checked facebook this morning while kids were gettiing up and around. I was already annoyed with the posts by 610, so Ill probably join you on the avoiding it.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I've 'unfollowed' the majority of the 'Muslim haters' over the past few years, but I'm avoiding it on general principle
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@myklj999 I get it. I noticed yesterday that there's a lot of people I need to unfollow. The older i get themore annoyed i get with stupidity. and theres a lot of it.
@DocAndersen (7829)
the reality is the anger that exists, exists on both sides. sorry you have to hide today.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Anger is fine...hate is ridiculous
@myklj999 you are correct sir
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
Mine is flooded with the never forget stuff
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Remember the Alamo!!!
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
@BarBaraPrz (24174)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I'm waiting for 'Give BarBara All Your Money' day...
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I thought that was last Thursday...didn't everyone get the memo?
@BarBaraPrz (24174)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@myklj999 Apparently not, because no one gave me any money at all.
Many Australians are anti-Muslim too but they know absolutely nothing about the religion or the people. They spout all this rubbish as though it's gospel (pardon the pun) Their ignorance makes them afraid. You're right about world peace too. It's never going to happen.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Each year I have less hope for the human race in general
@myklj999 I often say I'm glad I'm on my way out of this world rather than just coming into it.
• Denver, Colorado
These are the same people that are the first to use the "Not all cops are like that" defense, though. Interesting.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I managed staying off facebook for most of the day, and I think I had 'unfollowed' enough people in the past 2 years that I probably wouldn't have seen much of it...but it doesn't take much of it to thoroughly piss me off.
@KityCat (268)
Yes true.
@Janet357 (26806)
true. jusy stay on mylot for a while
Oh how I wish I could argue that point Sadly, it's human nature at it's worst.