9/11 was the THIRD largest terror incident in the history of mankind

By JJ
@myklj999 (31401)
Olney, Illinois
Even though people seem to forget...or want to deny it as such...#1 and #2 belong to the USA dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which killed between 129,000 and 226,000 people, most of them civilians. It does not matter that a war was going on...this was still an act of terror aimed at civilians. Yes, 9/11 was horrible...and we should not forget...but don't forget the the U.S.A. murdered thousands more that were gone in an instant...men, women, and children...whose only 'crime' were being Japanese. Those bombs were not 'military strikes'...they were acts of terror. Plain and simple.
@FourWalls (20928)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I always think about these “mass shootings,” and how “this was the worst,” “that was the worst,” etc. Nothing holds a candle to what the US government did on December 29, 1890 in South Dakota.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
As far as 'mass shootings' I would have to agree.
@BarBaraPrz (24175)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
The Wounded Knee genocide?
@FourWalls (20928)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@BarBaraPrz — that’s the one.
I wonder if they have a day every year to remember.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
I would imagine they do. Checking Wiki, August 6 is the annual Peace Memorial Ceremony, held in Hiroshima.
@andriaperry Yes, they have, every August 6, it is a touching ceremony, no hate, only to remember.
I believe the US was also responsible for the invasive tests the victims of the bombings had to undergo. We wanted to know how the human body reacted to the bombs.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
An ugly part of history...
@kobesbuddy (82506)
• East Tawas, Michigan
World War II was a senseless, heinous war that took the lives of many, innocent civilians and soldiers. It left a wide spread blood bath all over the world, that will never be forgotten
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Military targets are one thing, though it is sad anyone has to die...civilian targets are an entirely different thing (although yes, Germany holds the record for most civilian targets killed during a war, the USA holds it for the number killed in one moment)
@kobesbuddy (82506)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@myklj999 And these are humbling statistics. To realize that our nation is right at the top of the ladder, for the mass killings of innocent civilians:( My father told me things that went on, when he was stationed on Okinawa. All those people wanted was a little bit of food, to fill their stomachs!
@kobesbuddy (82506)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@mykl999 My uncle was on a navy boat at Pearl Harbor, the day it was bombed! Virg ended up floating in the water clinging onto a board, to keep from drowning
Good point, good day to make the good point. Its the people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones theory hard at work isn't it?
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Pretty much...
@myklj999 There's a show on right now about the events of Sept 11th at the Gander (Newfoundland) airport. The planes came in one after the other after the other. And they didn't have the infrastructure to handle such air traffic, but they did it. And then there were no air craft left on the radar to account for.
so many thingies'n our history that're so horrific, 'tis hard to wrap yer mind 'round such :(
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Someone that made a post about 9/11 earlier claims to have never heard of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
@myklj999 seriously?? 've they been hidin' under a rock? perhaps our schools 're not doin' a good job 'f teachin' such 'n the parents neither.
@CarolDM (40806)
You are so right. Horrific times for sure.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
It seems many people don't understand the real horror of a nuclear attack...I've seen suggestions by people to turn Saudi Arabia into a 'sheet of glass' by some morons
@CarolDM (40806)
@myklj999 Morons is right.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
I think all countries have been guilty of it at sometime.
@myklj999 (31401)
• Olney, Illinois
Not of killing thousands all at one time
• Denver, Colorado
Don't forget our firebombing Dresden into oblivion when it held absolutely no strategic value.
This day is even remembered in Riga, Latvia. When I lived there they had a building also known are the World Trade Center and I always felt funny whenever I walked past there Only five floors but still the World Trade Center.
Well said.