Do You Believe We All Have A Predetermined Time of Death?

By Oshy
I was reading this poem by Emily Dickinson: Lightly stepped a yellow star To its lofty place -- Loosed the Moon her silver hat From her lustral Face -- All of Evening softly lit As an Astral Hall -- Father, I observed to Heaven, You are punctual. To me, the last few lines say that God has a time for us to leave this life as well as always being on time for us for every reason. No matter if you are religious, or what you believe in or not believe in, Do you believe we have a predetermined time of death?
Famous Poets and Poems:  Home  |  Poets  |  Poem of the Month  |  Poet of the Month  |  Top 50 Poems  |  Famous Quotes  |  Famous Love Poems Search for: PoemsPoets FamousPoetsAndPoems.com / Poets / Emily Dickinson / Poems Biography Poems Quotes Books Popul
Well, I went to a Catholic school during 10 years and this is what I have heard even too many times: "God knows everything, he knows when we will do wrong, he knows the day we will die..." In my opinion YES our last day is already written.
Thanks Anna, I feel a lot like that I too went to the Catholic schools.
@TiarasOceanView You cannot even discuss, they told you to shut up and believe, very nice from them.
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
I am not sure as I have had a few near misses
@Gillygirl (37869)
• Sutton, England
@TiarasOceanView I am still here though
I am not sure about this. In one way, then I would say why do people get ill and linger with disease why don't they just die in some way, yet they get ill and many also get well again. The purpose of that stuns me. What happened to my husband then stuns me even more. He was the strongest believer in many things. Back at the end of the 1990s, he had a serious operation and he survived because he said he asked the Lord that if he was still needed by someone then he should stay on this earth and of course we all needed him. This time when he did pass on in August of 2017 I needed him and his daughter and yet, this time he passed on why now? I don't know so these things totally mystify me but I still rely on the Lord and keep my faith. I do know we will meet again though.
I pray you will see him again Sandra. RIP
Yes I do.
Thanks Angie I am with you on that.
Yes I believe so. We will all die anyway and I believe God only knows when that is and I believe each and everyone of us has a specific time line.
See I like to believe that too
@BarBaraPrz (24175)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I like to think I've got another 40 years to go...
Okay I got about 20 Barbara..but of course who knows.
I think when it is our time we will go.
That is very sensible Judy.