2019 Health Journey | Day 253 | September, 11th

wholesomeyum.com
Rupert, Idaho
Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing good. I am back to share my food/health post for the day. Fasting blood sugar: 131 (expected it to be higher because of my high carb meal last night). Meal 1: Pizza wrap I used a low carb tortilla as the "crust" or wrap. I added a serving and half of shredded cheese, 1/2 a serving of pizza sauce and some pepperoni. - Yum, so good! I didn't check my blood sugar after this one. I also drank a birthday cake bash flavored Bang (energy drink) with meal 1 & 2. (Just one can, not two lol). Meal 2: 1 can of tuna, some mayo & no sugar added ketchup 1 slice of swiss cheese 1 slice of deli turkey Blood sugar after this meal was 75! Meal 3: Another pizza wrap (made exactly the same way) I also finished the Keto Chow shake from the other night (chocolate with sugar free cookie dough flavoring). Blood sugar after this meal was 92. Macros for the day~ Calories: 1,255 Protein: 86.7 Fat: 88.3 Net carbs: 24.7 (total: 52) My carbs were high from the tortillas....but because it was a lot of fiber, my "net" carbs were only 24.7 I think I did pretty well today even though meal 1 and 3 were the same. It was just an easy meal to make. How did you all do today foodwise? Photo Credit: wholesomeyum website
@LindaOHio (10699)
You did quite well. My main meal was a bowl of lentil soup - as you can tell that's one of my favorites.
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you! And I thought it might be! That's good you enjoy it
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@LindaOHio What kind of lentils ?
@LindaOHio (10699)
@stringer321 I didn't know there were different kinds. I don't know what kind. Sorry!
@CarolDM (41710)
Good job, you are doing great.
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you, although I am not consistent with it.
@CarolDM (41710)
@MommyOfEli2013 But you are trying and that is what counts.
• Rupert, Idaho
@CarolDM Yes that is true....and I tried to do better when going out today. Instead of having the sandwich with bread and fries, I just had the sandwich.
You did well. I did good yesterday.
• Rupert, Idaho
I tried to....and that's good that you did good.
@wolfgirl569 (21977)
• Marion, Ohio
It looks good. I did ok except a chocolate bunny.
• Rupert, Idaho
Thank you, and that's good that you did good except for that
@stringer321 (4407)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
Can I recommend you to eat salmon fish and tahini ? Those contain protein and almost no sugar. At least no sugar was added to them. Maybe you can have tofu, it is healthy, you can prepare it in many ways.
• Rupert, Idaho
I do eat salmon sometimes. I won't eat tofu though, no thanks.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@MommyOfEli2013 did you consider consulting a diet specialist ? Maybe a group support ?
• Rupert, Idaho
@stringer321 Not sure why I would need one....?