Start to my day, good sales and update on the package situation

I woke up and made a list for grocery shopping. This list was smaller because I only had a few necessities to purchase. Then there was the few things I thought I might get so I wrote down the sale price and if I had a coupon, what price the coupon was. I didn't quite spend $50.00 in one store which has a promo going on but that's okay. The promo isn't a necessity but it would be awesome if I could get it. That store did have an offer for free butter (plant based) that I did get. Went to another store for one particular item and of course they didn't have it. I did end up getting an alternative and some pumpkin ice cream. I got an email form the seller of the package (it came busted, but it wasn't the sellers fault, I have a discussion on this already posted) offering me half my money back. I am taking them up on the offer and I intend to use the seller again because of this. What's for dinner tonight? I'm making Tacos (American style)
Tacos sounds good
I'm just bummed out that the store didn't have pico de avocado on hand. They could make it for me but I didn't have ten minutes to wait as I had other cold stuff in the car from another store.
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is sad about your pico de avocado. hopefully, you will be able to get it next time. May I ask what Pico de avocado is?
@Marty1 It's basically diced tomatoes, onions, cilatnro and lots of avocado. It's very yummy and I use it to top my tacos or sometimes in a salad. I only know of one store that carries it, they make it fresh daily.
enjoy your tacos.
I am sure we will. I prefer tacos the way latinos do them but have to make them this way for the rest of the family.
@ScribbledAdNauseum How do they make them again?
@sharon6345 Well, the latinos make them in a few different ways. The ones I like use pork or pot roast meat and add onions, lime juice, cilantro and guacamole.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I dont know about dinner yet. It depends on when boyfriend gets home from work and what we end up doing tonight. The white board says breakfast for dinner.
I considered breakfast for dinner but decided on the tacos instead. I had most of the stuff for tacos already at home, just needed ground beef and pico de gallo.
Tacos sound delicious. Haven't had them in a while. Pumpkin ice cream..how interesting.
I was walking towards the freezer section (nowhere near the ice creams in the store as they are placed separately) and I saw a end cap freezer full of ice cream. I really wasn't going to get it.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Tis pumpkin season..you have to try it.
@Happy2BeMe When i see pumpkin nog in the dairy section I'll be getting it to. I don't drink it straight bit instead add it to coffee. I may get a container and freeze it as well.
@hillhjill (19759)
That's nice that they offered half a refund and that you will be buying from them again. Tacos sound good. I'm having chili.
Yep, I was impressed. I will turn around and use that to buy more of the things that I need for my Christmas soap project. Chili sounds delicious. My friend is making chili at the end of the month, it's something she does every year. Chili and Bonfire night where we get around the fire and have a good time with friends.
@hillhjill (19759)
@ScribbledAdNauseum that sounds wonderful to have chile around a bonfire.
@hillhjill It is! We also roast marshmallows and drink a bit. I usually spend the night with her afterwards and help her clean up.
@anya12adwi (4875)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
How does that pumpkin icecream taste? Wierd combination of pumpkin and icecream..
I don't know how it tastes as I haven't had it yet. I have had pumpkin ice cream before and liked it.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@ScribbledAdNauseum Hope, one day I try the pumpkin icecream too, but we don't have it here
@anya12adwi I am sure there are probably recipes that you could try to make your own. Can you get pumpkin at all?
@flapiz (10433)
I had a while 12 inches Magherita pizza today all to myself.
I saw them in store today but didn't get any. I had considered it for a moment, but I am not a big fan of pizza. Did you enjoy the pizza?
@flapiz (10433)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes I enjoyed it but fealth guilty aferwards for eating too much.
@flapiz When I was a little girl I was given a whole pizza to myself. My grandmother let me have it but my grandfather put a stop to it maybe a year or two later. My cousins and siblings did not like that I had my own pizza. I didn't like having to share pizza but I soon realized that my grandfather was right and I was grateful for him stopping it.
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
Wow, Tacos is good. And that’s a good news you have a refund.
Well, they may not refund me but they offered so I am sure they will. That will be good for me.
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, if it’s for me I will take it as well.
@JustBhem Yes. I am thinking I will use it towards getting more stuff for making my own soap. I am going to get everything else I need next month.
I'm glad the sellers are willing to give you half the cost back. My daughter and I are having grilled cheese. I'm not sure about my son yet.
I saw the cutest little grilled cheese pan at the grocery store today. It was $8.00 and I was like "nah, I don't really need a pan solely for a grilled cheese." it was cute though! Just grilled cheese or do you add lunch meat to it to?
@ScribbledAdNauseum My daughter and I don't eat meat so it was just cheese inside. I have never seen a grilled cheese pan. I cook two at a time in the pan.
@shaggin I usually cook one at a time but that's just me. The pan is a bit bigger than the egg pans you also see hanging around in the store.
@moonandstars (24045)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I also think it's good to get a half of refund. I'm glad you get some yummy things in those stores. I had some fried mushrooms with fries. It was a good dinner.
I like fried mushrooms every once in awhile too. They are delicious. Yes, the refund isn't much but I will take it. The post office isn't doing anything.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Shame on the post; I also don't have a good experience with them and with other issues. Yes, better anything, then nothing. They are delicious and they weren't hard on my stomach. In my family line, mushroom always hurt our stomach but, we made them in half-boiled way, maybe that's the reason.
Sometimes realtors are pretty reasonable. I am glad it worked out.I had grilled cheese tonight. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow..and usually eating veg makes my BP go down. Cheating yes, but I don't like to see BP higher than what it should be.
I still need to hear back from the post office because the shoving of packages in my mailbox has got to stop. We have BP and Cholesterol problems in the family but I actually don't know what my levels are since I haven't been to the docs in ages, or the dentists for that matter.
@ScribbledAdNauseum We had a package delivery today and the mail lady was kicking the leaves off the stairs like they were going to hurt her or something.tHey weren't wet.
Wow, i love tacos! I just had some the other day at Taco Bell. I am having grilled tilapia for tonight’s dinner
Tilapia is the fish that has a bit of a saltier taste than the other fish, right? I haven't had Tilapia in ages.
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I am curious about the taste of the pumpkin ice cream.
I will make a discussion on it later as it seems there are a few people curious about it. I've had it before but not this brand (store brand). I remember it being creamy.