That annoying feeling you get when someone that blocked you responds to your discussion...

By JJ
@myklj999 (33077)
Olney, Illinois
...and you have to log out to see what the response was. And of course, you can't make a comment to it, and you can't see any response they make to other discussions, and you can't respond on their discussions, so you have to search for some place they made a comment to someone else on a discussion by someone else. Sure, okay...maybe you did it innocently and forgot you had me blocked...but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I remember back in the olden days...when the grass was tall on the plains, and the buffalo were many, and Crash...remember Crash?...said myLot would never have a blocking system. Oh well...times change...but it is still annoying
The 48 hour period is over, and responses are no longer being accepted! New responses will not be answered, so please read the multiple answers I've already...
@myklj999 On very disappointing thing about Mylot that maybe should be changed. It is like having a Troll. They block you but can comment and insult you on your posts? Can't even defend yourself! Can't comment on their posts, can't find them in the conventional way but they can see you and harass/ be nasty all they want to you? If someone blocks you it should prevent them from seeing you! If They blocked you what business to they have seeing what you write? Irritates the crap out of me. it's happened to me several times.
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
I'd prefer it to be old-school and the block done away with entirely
@CarolDM (45672)
I know exactly what you are saying. Crazy. Not sure I remember Crash.
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
Probably not, he hasn't actively posted since 2008
@CarolDM (45672)
@myklj999 Before my time.
• Japan
I definitely do not remember Crash. In my head, Crash is a monkey who plays the cymbals and hides in the tuba until the very moment he is supposed to play. This is in a book called "Orchestranimals" that I use to teach kindergarten and first grade about orchestral instruments. The repeated phrase in the book is "Where's Crash?"
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
You might call Crash an early GoAskAlice
• Japan
@myklj999 I feel like I've been on myLot for a long time, but actually I joined after several rather dramatic changes had already taken place and were in the past. Crash must have been a part of the system I don't remember. By the time I got here, it was GoAskAlice, and of course Owlwings was giving helpful information too.
It's their loss JJ. They don't know what they are missing and can't handle the resident jokester. Their problem, not yours. It would be frustrating though.
@kobesbuddy (85304)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I wonder if the blocking system is worth having. If a member annoys me, I should just leave them alone. Having them block you and then getting a response, is actually an insult. You can't communicate with them, but they can still annoy you!
I'd go with the full block.
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
The Russians probably did this
@myklj999 those pesky Russians are at it again!
hmm, can ya not jest delete their response? i dunno, quite a few folks've blocked me here. their outright hatred 'f the way i dribble made 't so. doesn't bother me none - means i've less time to spend here spinnin' percentages 'f pennies 'nto somethin' bigger :)
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
Deletin' would be too simple of a solution for some folk
How would you ever know if someone blocked you and responded? Is that a dumb question? Maybe if they block you, they shouldn't be able to see OR respond to any of your stuff. That's just my opinion though...
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
Because you still get a notification that they responded
It needs to be a full block.
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
Or it needs gotten rid of entirely
@rakski (38190)
I have not encountered Crash. Is Crash still here?
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
I haven't exchanged any messages with him since mid-2015
@Sojourn (7271)
I am happy that the only troll whom I blocked is not infecting my posts.
@lovebuglena (13274)
• Staten Island, New York
I am not a fan of this block thing. Why was it put in place in the first place?
@BarBaraPrz (24642)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Such is your life.
This has not yet been fixed and I still hope that they will get rid of this button.
@wolfgirl569 (24048)
• Marion, Ohio
I think they should not be able to comment after blocking.
@rsa101 (22796)
I think I remember Crash but I vaguely remember what happened exactly there. I think the blocking system of Mylot needs some adjustment perhaps that if you are blocked then he could not respond on your post anymore. There must be a notification about that so the poster will be aware of that and can unblock you if he/she has blocked you by accident.
I agree. Very annoying - not that I've encountered it too often.
I have to say I adored the blocking system when a certain lunatic came to all my discussions, after cussing me out and blocking me for telling him he needed mental help. But since you help get rid of all that/him.. sure do away with it.
It seems that the block feature is being abused. I think it should recommended that once you block some one, you block them for good and won't participate in any of their post.
Those people that block you should not be able to respond in your posts.