Have you baked pumpkin pie?

Pumpkin pie
@thelme55 (23051)
Germany
This is the first time I have baked pumpkin pie here in Germany. I have baked pumpkin pie when I was in the Philippines a few years ago and it was so delicious. I am fond of experimenting and trying new kind of cakes, cupcakes and anything that I can bake. This evening the pumpkin pie was a bit brown maybe because I use brown sugar instead of condensed milk. I also used the egg whites which I should not supposed to add in this pie. I couldn't waste the egg whites so I mixed them in the mixer until stiff and fold the mixture in my pumpkin purée mixture. I couldn't wait for the pie to cool down and so I cut a small size and let my hubby taste it. He liked it and said just the right sweetness of it. Well, the remaining pie is in the fridge now. I will bring this to our get together with my Pinay friends. I hope they will like this pie. If you have baked a pumpkin pie, did you use brown sugar or condensed milk? I couldn't buy pumpkin purée here and so I made my own. Thanks for reading. I have to sleep now as it is past midnight. See you later. Goodnight!
@sol_cee (20601)
• Bermuda
This was the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever tasted. The white one on top was melted marshmallows.
@thelme55 (23051)
Yay! That looks delicious for me. Was it delicious @sol_see? Thank you.
@sol_cee (20601)
• Bermuda
@thelme55 it was heaven. Have you tried putting marshmallows in your pumpkin pie?
@thelme55 (23051)
@sol_cee No, I haven´t but I am planning to when I make another cake. It doesn´t have to be pumpkin cake though. Thanks.
@simplfred (12289)
First time to hear about the pumpkin pie... From the baked product, it looks delicious...
@thelme55 (23051)
Really @simplfred? I think pumpkin pie is an American food tradition, especially on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. Thanks for commenting.
@simplfred (12289)
@thelme55 Yeah... We just have "bibingkang malagkit or Latik" here as serves during Christmas and Birthdays... Anyway, your photo looks like Latik...
@thelme55 (23051)
@simplfred thank you. You make me hungry for that food.
@LeaPea2417 (26906)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I haven't made one this Season yet, the last one I made was last year.
@thelme55 (23051)
I see @LeaPea2417. I think you will still make one for Thanksgiving Day.
@LeaPea2417 (26906)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@thelme55 Yes, I will.
@cool83 (759)
• Sri Lanka
Hmm looks delicious .. i love pumpkin pie
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you @cool83. Me, too.
@cool83 (759)
• Sri Lanka
@birjudanak (10702)
I don't know how to make a cake at home and not ever made by my mom too. This cake looks delicious and as I have seen your cakes before too, you are master of making a cake.
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you very much@birjudanak for your compliment. Have a nice Friday there.
@birjudanak (10702)
@thelme55 Have a nice Friday to you too.
@VickyR (110)
• Manila, Philippines
Good luck thelma I'm sure your pumpkin cake is perfect and delicious.
@thelme55 (23051)
Hello Vicky! It is nice to see you here at Mylot. Thank you @VickyR. Welcome to Mylot.
@VickyR (110)
• Manila, Philippines
@thelme55 Thank you to welcome to mylot,I am glad to hear is one of your friend now.
I bet that it was scrumptious.
@thelme55 (23051)
Yes, it was @Tampa_girl7. Thank you. Have a nice Saturday.
@Gracezy (173)
Im excited to taste it......
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you @Gracezy. I hope you will like it.
@acelawrites (17431)
It looks delicious! I haven't tasted a pumpkin pie.
@thelme55 (23051)
It is delicious for me @acelawrites. Our Philippines pumpkin or squash is very tasty in making this pie. Thank you. Have a nice evening there.
• Midland, Michigan
If I've made one it's been so long ago that I don't remember. This week I did make a pumpkin fluff. It's made with the pumpkin puree, dream whip and dry pudding.
@thelme55 (23051)
I have not heard of a pumpkin fluff @MarshaMusselman. Thanks for the info. I will check that out online.
I love pumpkin pie it’s my favorite pie. I have a hard time making it the top burns and the middle stays raw. I think it always tastes better the next day after chilling overnight.
@thelme55 (23051)
It looks like that my pumpkin pie was about to burn @shaggin. Yes, that is why I put it in the fridge overnight. Thank you. Have a nice Friday.
Sounds and look delicious I have never made a pumpkin pie I always buy mine
@thelme55 (23051)
I see. I have not seen that there is a pumpkin pie in our bakery here. I could have buy it. Thank you @RasmaSandra.
If the other person living here or myself was not intolerant of pumpkin, I would bake one . . .
@thelme55 (23051)
Oh. Sorry to hear about that @enlightenedpsych2. Thanks.
I love pumpkin pie!
@thelme55 (23051)
That is good that you love pumpkin pie @NJChicaa. Thank you.
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
There is no pumpkin here and maybe my cassava cake can be likened to pumpkin pie.
@thelme55 (23051)
Of course there ispumpkin there @Alexandoy. It is only called Kalabasa or squash in the Philippines. Cassava cake is very different than pumpkin cake or pie. I love both of them.
I do not make pumpkin pie because my husband does not like it. I make a pumpkin cake (pumpkin purée and yellow corn meal) that is light and very good.
@thelme55 (23051)
Pumpkin cake sounds good @LadyDuck. I still have leftover pumpkin puree and I freeze it for later use. Thank you and have a nice weekend.
@thelme55 I will make a pumpkin soup next week, the temperature is getting cooler. Have a nice weekend Thelma.
@thelme55 (23051)
@LadyDuck Yummy! One of my favorite soups. Do you put double cream in your pumpkin soup? I put coconut milk instead of double cream. Thank you, I have. I hope you, too.
I might have made it once, but maybe not since I don't like pumpkin pie. I'm glad he liked it and hope your friends do too.
@thelme55 (23051)
I see @just4him. Not all love pumpkin pie. Thank you.
@thelme55 I love the no-bake pumpkin pie. It's a hit with my kids too.
@thelme55 (23051)
@just4him That sounds good and not a lot of work making the pastry.
@averygirl72 (17347)
I haven't tried a pumpkin pie but I really like egg pie in bakeries
@thelme55 (23051)
I love egg pies as well as pineapple pie @averygirl72. They are indeed delicious. Thanks.
@averygirl72 (17347)
@thelme55 How about buko pie?
@thelme55 (23051)
@averygirl72 Yummy! I love buko pie. I usually bought them in the bakery when I was home in Pinas.
OH yes many times but not this year I will not bake it. The one you baked looked so good. Is that yours in the photo?
@thelme55 (23051)
Yes, it is what I baked in the photo @TiarasOceanView. Before I served it, I added a few dollops of white chocolate on top.
@thelme55 Oh delicious..I was going to put a few chocolate flakes on the banana pie but I had eaten before I could lol
I know you are a fabulous baker. Yours looks beautiful! Although I don’t care for pumpkin anything, I always bake on for our Thanksgiving holiday. This year will be no different. I use a different recipe every year.
@thelme55 (23051)
Thank you very much @DianneN for the compliment. I think pumpkin pie is a tradition in your country during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think pumpkin pie is new to the Germans as I have seen it promoted in a baking sender here. Anyway, have a nice Sunday.
@thelme55 Yes, it is a tradition here in the US to have pumpkin pies with our Thanksgiving. I think it's great that you are promoting them in Germany. It's still mid-afternoon here on Saturday. Enjoy your evening and happy Sunday to you!