How do you come up with mylot discussions?

Do you only start discussions that you're really interested in or do you start ones that you think lots of people will comment to so that you will make more money? Do you really care what color my mousepad is or if I drink coffee or tea? Do you ever lie about your opinion so that more ppl will respond? Come on, be honest now.
@rsmith512 (1561)
Me? No, I don't don't lie about my opinion or what my thoughts are. When I once posted a question of Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter, I really do want to know. If you read my discussion you will see why. Or...I once posted soft or crisp french fries...I really want to know that too. It is a debate everytime we have fries in our house and I am told I am a freak for liking soft fries. So I posted a discussion on it cause I wanted to prove that I am not the only one. I could go on...how do you eat Cheetos, I really wanted to know. I come up with discussions about what is going thru my whacked brain. Not everyone gets my sense of humor. Like when I posted about M&M's and the caution label. I wasn't really wanting to know why they had to put a caution label. I am a smart enough cookie to know why. But merely, I posted the discussion cause I wanted to make a point but my whacked thoughts. LOL So, if I post...do know that I am not posting for just the possibility of getting lots of responses. I post because I am really interested and am having fun. BTW...great question!
@brokentia (10395)
Oops....this is my 16yr old's account and I didn't realize the computer posted as this instead of me. You can be 16 on myLot...so..sorry for posting under the wrong name.
That's a good response. For instance, I would really like to know what everyone puts in the macaroni and cheese. Growing up my mom would put tuna and peas in it and my husband's mom put hot dogs in it...now there's a debate in our house which is better!
I should have guessed it was you brokentia! You usually have the longest answers to my questions!! :)
@brians (679)
good question :) well the people just want to start something and they start it... when we ask some quality question people dosent answer it..they just get answered...in yahoo answers when you ask something then you get quick responce to your question....here everyone wants to earn instead of sharing knowledge
isn't it sad that people value material goods more than knowledge? For instance, there are so many people here with so much combined knowledge, but most people won't take the time to answer quality questions that might make them slow down and think for a second.
@angel011 (1343)
I only start dicussions if its about something i am interested in and i only answer discussions that have some meaning
I start discussions I'm interested in and answer only the ones I like. Some of the discussions are very personnel in my opinion. I stay away from those. I don't lie in my opinions. I tell it like it is and answer to the best of my ablity.
@aprilsue00 (1992)
I don't come up with many mylot discussions. Maybe one a day. I will only post a discussion if I really would like to know something or I want to know more about everyone else.
@cikedo (3486)
They just pop into my head.
I start discussions that I think might be kind of fun and that I am curious about. I tend to be a very curious girl and never those simple questions. lol And no I never lie about my thoughts...they can like them or not. I really don't care.
Have you experienced any backlash for speaking your mind?
Kind of once in my snooping discussion but I just let it slide off my back. Otherwise, its been fine here, so far.
I think that's kind of key ... if you're going to post controversial topics then you need to understand that people will disagree with you. And there always seems to be that one person who has something negative to say!
@honeybfly83 (1021)
I dont start alot of discussions. If I think of something I want to post I will start one but I dont think of any too often.
Do you find that when you do want to post something that there are hundreds of other posts just like it?
@spcbrass (1192)
I start discussion in hopes that people will respond intelligently. If someone gives me a good response I leave them a good comment. I also try and post some of my discussions to get people to think creatively. I want to start discussions that people are interested in and that will get them to formulate a good response at the same time. I never lie about my opinion. I do start some just to see what responses I'll get, but for the most part I am really interested to see out there who has some creativity left in their body.
The American culture has really lost sight of the importance of creativity! Just look at the top selling items this year for children ... people choose items that our popular and not those that stimulate their minds. Ever wonder why toddlers like the box better than the toy?? Because they can make the box anything they want it to be!
i start that a lot will comment .... and wat i like too...
@minnie_98214 (10572)
i love to see the creative response you can get if you have a good topic. I am a smart mouth so i dont care about youre mouse pad and i lie to dumb questions.