Ouch.

By JJ
@myklj999 (52514)
Well, that ass that masquerades as a cat got loose this morning for about 30 minutes. I heard a fight getting ready to start outside so went to investigate, and I found Scar had pulled the stake he is tied up to out of the ground going after the neighbor's cat and they were now face-to-face getting ready to get it on. But Scar was still trailing his lead...or so I thought...until the other cat took off and Scar was right behind it...after having slipped his collar off. And I figured that was that, and Scar would show up several hours later when he got hungry/tired enough (he's disappeared for over 12 hours before). So I was a bit surprised to hear him through the bedroom window about 30 minutes later. Anyway, I went out the front door, around the house to the back...and didn't see him...but when I came back in front he was across the street slowly walking up the neighbor's drive. Brat. So I went over and started talking to him and picked him up and we headed back home and everything was fine until I got about 4 feet from the front door when he suddenly turned into a Tasmanian Devil. Ripped me up pretty good. So I ended up making an unexpected trip to WalMart to get neosporin and a bandage wrap for me...and a new tie-out stake for him. And how is YOUR morning going?
@hereandthere (45847)
i've always said there's something about his eyes. so were you able to put his old collar on?
@myklj999 (52514)
Yep. The collar is set up so it slips over his head if he gets trapped and pulls against it...I guess while fighting the other cat hooked a claw in it and pulled it off him.
@myklj999 and he mangled your right arm and you're right-handed
@myklj999 (52514)
@hereandthere Yep, it rather sucks right now
I would have bought him a noose. Do you hold him by the scruff of the neck? That's usually seems to partially paralyse them. Hold them away from you and they can't do much damage. But Scar is Scar. And now you might be Scard!
@myklj999 (52514)
He wasn't fighting me or I would have had him by the scruff. He just suddenly went psycho.
@myklj999 Maybe just full of adrenaline. He hadn't been at your weed, had he?
I hope that you gave The Scar a good spanking for that behaviour. And I hope that you used some peroxide to clean out your cuts, they look sore.
@myklj999 (52514)
It really kind of sucks...
Oh my goodness, I remember it happened before many months ago, why is he sometimes so aggressive? May be still in fighting mood because of the other cat. Are you well? You are going to get some scars, the cat claws dig deeply into the skin, I experienced.
@myklj999 (52514)
My wrist is still bruised 5 days later, but at least I didn't get a lasting infection
@myklj999 I am glad that you do not have a bad infection, I hope that the wrist will get better in the next few days. Cat claws are terrible.
Oh my gah. You have a Scar that's gonna give you scars !
@myklj999 (52514)
I'm definitely gonna have a few more...won't be the first he's given me.
@myklj999 You need to practice social distancing there - 6 ft apart .
• Redlands, California
@wolfgirl569 (35499)
• Marion, Ohio
I blame John Roberts. He cant get my critters to act up so now he is putting Scar up to stuff
@myklj999 (52514)
Not sure why he suddenly went off like that
@wolfgirl569 (35499)
• Marion, Ohio
@myklj999 Maybe there was a cat near by that you didnt see.
@kobesbuddy (116593)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@myklj999 Scar has PTS, from being in a fight!
@CarolDM (110299)
Oh my goodness. Sounds like he got spooked at the door for some reason. Take care of those scratches. Neosporin should do the trick.
@myklj999 (52514)
Gonna leave a few marks behind, plus take forever to finish healing...one of those diabetes complications
@CarolDM (110299)
@myklj999 That is not good. I hope each day is better for you.
@spiderdust (9173)
• San Jose, California
OUCH!! That looks incredibly painful.
@myklj999 (52514)
A few of them are fairly deep, it's gonna be sore for a bit
• San Jose, California
@myklj999 I'm glad you've got some Neosporin. I'd tell you to keep an eye on them, but I know you're already doing that. About 30 years ago, my ex-husband contracted Cat Scratch Fever from one of our cats. I never knew it was anything more than a Ted Nugent song before that.
@yukimori (9254)
Man, he really gotcha this time, didn't he?
@myklj999 (52514)
Yes he did...this white shirt is probably Scarred for life now
@yukimori (9254)
@myklj999 Hydrogen peroxide might help it. If not, well... it'll make quite a souvenir
@m_audrey6788 (34949)
It`s a nice sunny afternoon here in my place. How are you feeling right now? I hope everything well there
@myklj999 (52514)
Needless to say my arm really hurts
@myklj999 Oh I hope it will get better soon. sorry about that. There are cats like that
@Gillygirl (42721)
• Sutton, England
Oh my goodness so that is what you meant about him tearing you up. That looks nasty
@myklj999 (52514)
Yeah, he hadn't pulled that in a couple of years, pretty much for no reason
Wow, he was really riled up.
@myklj999 (52514)
I bet I carried him 120 feet and everything was fine, then...poof
@Daljinder (23076)
• Bangalore, India
I guess we know why he is named Scar.
@myklj999 (52514)
He's a mean ol' sumbeech at times...I carry a pair of scars on one of my legs from him going after me
@FourWalls (30510)
Ouch. Did the Red Cross tell him to do that to get you to donate blood? I’m sorry. Few things hurt worse than cat claws.
@myklj999 (52514)
And one of those would be a cat bite...which he also did
That is terrible
@LindaOHio (55731)
I'm glad you found him; but I'm sorry you got torn up. Just MyLotting this morning. Hope the rest of your Monday is better.
@ZedSmart (15982)
I can relate with the scenario. They can turn into beast when they're on encounter with enemy. I was hurt by Cotton before but it was only a scratch.
@BarBaraPrz (29455)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Poor baby. I guess even Scar's getting tired of this virus. I hope you don't turn into a werepanther.
@crossbones27 (35879)
• Redlands, California
Do you need stitches that one damn looks like he had you in a arm lock and you tried to shake him off and he just slid down taking tour flesh with him. Cats are nicer they say. everyone has a bad day though. I am calling him a true alpha though, only true alpha's do that.
@myklj999 (52514)
My hand and wrist are both swollen and sore today
@myklj999 Are you well? I had a swollen wrist and arm, I applied an antibiotic cream and after a couple of days I was fine. I hope that Neosporin is helping to heal. Take care.
• Redlands, California
@myklj999 Hope you OK, I bought some tea tree oil, crap works great for infections, problem is expensive think its like 10 bucks a little bottle. that was 10 years ago, but lasts a long time, my sister stole it because of Tristan and why I bought because he got mad at me one day and drew blood. She does not know where it is now. I keep saying going to buy more, but I am like its to expensive.
@Nevena83 (57196)
• Serbia
Oh, my God. Does it hurt?
@myklj999 (52514)
Yes it does