Kids and MySpace

Do you let your kids have a MySpace account? Why or why not?
@AndreaM76 (1164)
I would teach them to use it responcibly and if they can't then it's like any other privledge...it should be taken.
@slimfox (900)
my oldest has it..i get to check it whenever i want..i keep up with who he chats with..
no
@MrsFrizzle (1964)
I would but I would moniter it without them knowing.. my aunt does this with her kids. She made an account and befriend them as some stranger teen and reads their stuff and looks at the pics they post and everything and since kids post way to much detail in their blogs this is how she knows everything that is going in in their live..lol.. it is clever. I would ask them about it if anything bad came up.. I also have a lot of parents of my friends in the mid 20's that are on myspace.
i would let my kids have myspace, as long as they used it responsably. I wouldnt have to worry about the types of pictures they put on there, bc we only have one computer, adn i check to see which pictures are on the computer. the only way to post pictures on myspace, is you upload them from your own computer. And there would NEVER be anything bad on our computer!
Yes. Although my child is only 2...as soon as she has the capability to understand computers and the internet...I'll be there to show her how to use it. As far as I'm concerned, the intenet (and technology) is a great way for children to reel in information. Sure there's a lot of crap out there, but that's why I'll be there WITH her, to guide her responsibly...
no shes way to young. only 7. when shes older.. i'm not sure if i will let her or not.
@MINDY0882 (2304)
No they never get on the computer . my oldest is 9 and she only come in to type up study guides but yes I would let her use it and teach her as well to use it responisbly and keep up with what she does on there as well