Finally!

By DKM
Thank goodness the dog grooming places are now open. Our dog Molly looks too shaggy, and she does not smell good at all. Our brushing and bathing of Molly just cannot compare with what the professional dog groomer can do. Off to Dogtopia we will go today, and then after an hour or two, we will pick up a pretty, clean, and sweet-smelling girl dog with either a pink scarf around her neck or bows in her hair. Whew!. Photo: Molly's Dog Grooming Salon
I know you must be doing the dance of joy being able to have Molly groomed. Having a sweet smelling dog after all this time has to be heaven I don't know when we'll be able to have the groomer come to the house as I'm a little leery about other people she comes in contact with. We just might have to resort to taking both dogs to a grooming place. Poor Mush will be traumatized
Yes, Mush probably will have a hard time if he has to be taken to the groomer. Molly does not like going, Due to Molly weighing 54 pounds and having that double coat of fur, getting Molly clean in our bathtub is not an easy job. Our outdoor faucets have both cold and hot settings for the water. If we could bathe her outdoors and use the hose after figuring out how to adjust the faucet for "warm" water," we could bathe her outdoors if the need arises.
@Corbin5 I think it would be hard to bathe Molly outside and you would probably get wetter than her
@Marilynda1225 When we give her a bath in the tub, we get wet doing that too. Such a mess results.
@CarolDM (82402)
• Nashville, Tennessee
A happy day for all. Glad it finally opened.
Me too. Molly, for some strange reason, always wants to ride out the rain outdoors. She goes right out the doggy door and gets soaked, perhaps because she likes the cooling-effect of the rain. Soaking wet means a stinky dog. If we tried to make her stay inside, she would panic.
@CarolDM (82402)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Corbin5 Probably likes to be cooled off. My cocker spaniel was like that. She loved getting dirty too.
@CarolDM I read that the rain causes bacteria and yeast to come to life when the fur is wet and those two things cause the stink. Poor Molly has had more dry dog shampoo rubbed into her fur during this pandemic.
I am sure Molly will be happy to be clean as well!
She sure does feel better without all that fur.
@Corbin5 I am sure outdoor time will be much more fun for her now that she doesn't have all that fur weighing her down!
@ScribbledAdNauseum It really is. She has a doggy door that allows her to go in and out of the house 24/7. She is sleeping under a fir tree in the backyard. Happy pup.
@jayanth_77 (5934)
A big relief to dog owners
Oh yes, it is not easy bathing some dogs at home. Molly has a double-coat of fur, and it is hard for us do a thorough job of bathing her at home and rinsing out the shampoo.
@Corbin5 you can try once . You will enjoy and start finding it interesting.
@jayanth_77 Yes, we are going to give it a try if she gets stinky again. Our outdoor faucet has hot and cold settings but we have never used the hot. If we can combine hot and cold and get warm, we can use the hose outdoors to bathe her.
Oh Molly will be so happy after that grooming session. And just in time with the weather getting all hot.
Yes, she is all trimmed up and smelling really good. She was rather stinky even after we bathed her in the bathtub.
@Nakitakona (30002)
Wow! That's great. How's Molly now?
She is much more comfortable due to her fur being shorter and tangle-free.
@Nakitakona (30002)
@Corbin5 Wow! How old is Molly?
@Nakitakona Molly is 10 years old. We adopted her when she was 3 months old. My husband is holding her as a puppy in the photo.
@DocAndersen (24224)
whoo hoo! that makes all the difference! now how does Molly feel about this?
Well, she was taken inside by the groomer and then brought outside to us by the groomer. All of us had masks on except Molly.
@DocAndersen (24224)
@Corbin5 but was she beautiful when she came out?
@DocAndersen Yes, the groomer could not buy scarves and bows due to those items being out of stock so she tied a big pink bow to Molly's collar. Molly looks good in pink.
@ridingbet (65715)
the dog of my brother, Sydney, is always groomed in the pet shop. i believe it costs much for my brother
It is costly to have a dog groomed. Due to Molly having a double coat of fur, we cannot bathe her and trim her fur properly.
@ridingbet (65715)
@Corbin5 my big brother brought home a big razor for the dogs. we have not yet tried it in any of the dogs. i want to try it before my brother goes back to UK
@ridingbet That sounds like a good thing to try. I will have to see if I can buy a razor for dogs. It would be nice to be able to trim her in case we cannot take her to the groomer.
I hope Molly will feel free and refreshed after her pampering day!
She feels so much cooler. We brush her and bathe her in the tub, but we have no idea how to trim her double coat. She needed a pro to do that.
@Corbin5 My Norwegian Elkhound (from my teen years) had that double coat . . . we never had to get his hair trimmed, but oh that double coat did clump . . . had to to brush, brush and brush - and oh he felt so happy during and after all that brushing!!
@much2say Yes, Molly shed clumps for year, however, now that she is older, she does not "blow coat" much at all. Molly does not like to be brushed. Wish she did.
@LowRiderX (20167)
• Serbia
Finally I know exactly how happy you are, I hope she will be happy after arranging the same
She seems to be happy. A lot cooler she will be without all that fur.
@LowRiderX (20167)
• Serbia
@Corbin5 I believe. One neighbor has a dog and whenever he takes him for tidying up, the dog comes back from the salon somehow ... conceited Unbelievable but as if he knows how to look prettier and tidy
@LowRiderX Molly thinks she is all that and more with her lovely hairdo.
@vilma143 (2449)
• Dipolog, Philippines
Wow, I'm looking for the best haircut of your Molly.
She does look cute. No bows or scarves due to all of those items being sold out. She had a nice pink ribbon tied to her collar, though.
@vilma143 (2449)
• Dipolog, Philippines
@Corbin5, Thank you. So nice really.
Thanks for sharing Molly’s dog grooming station with us. A pleasant day will be had by all.
Even Molly was happy to go inside with the groomer. She was too hot with all that fur of hers.
@Corbin5 I can only imagine. Poor Molly.
@cool83 (3297)
• Sri Lanka
Dirty Molly going to be Cute little Molly ..
Yes, she looks really cute now.
@cool83 (3297)
• Sri Lanka
@Corbin5 take a photo and upload
For sure Molly is one happy dog!
She is so much more comfortable now.
@JimBo452020 (16157)
• Montrose, Scotland
Molly will look and smell lovely when Dogtopia have done their work. Cant wait to see a pic with the bows in her hair
Sadly, all the bows and scarves were out of stock online so the groomer had to tie a pink ribbon on her collar.
@JimBo452020 (16157)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Corbin5 Lol maybe next time
@thelme55 (45628)
Molly will be smelling good again. Enjoy the spa treatment Molly.
She looks so cute without all that fur and she smells good too.
@thelme55 (45628)
@Corbin5 I can relate to that. It smells good indeed.
@sallypup (39059)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Go, Molly! Leah loves to go out and lie in the dirt. She has never been handled by anyone but her two humans so no public baths for her curls.
Molly shoots out the doggy door into the fenced backyard every time it rains. Oddest dog ever. She must like the cooling effect but she gets soaked and her soaked-self starts to stink big time. If we tried to keep her inside when it rained, she would be a nervous wreck.
@sallypup (39059)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 When the dogs get rain soaked, they stand inside the front door, obviously waiting for a human to get over to them with a towel. Neither one likes to be super wet for very long. They demand a massage.
@FayeHazel (32763)
Yay! I hope pictures are forthcoming
Well, no bows or scarves due to none to buy for the groomers. She still looks cute.
@FayeHazel (32763)
@Corbin5 Aw. Oh well. Molly probably happy about that
• Genoa, Italy
You have dog grooming, they seem almost 5 star hotels! Instead I have to tell you that, my mother has kept a dog for two years, and she is doing everything wrong for it! Now it seems to be the dog, the landlord! Forgive me, but this is no good at all! Sorry me, you are a dog lover, but I'm more than sure that these things, you never let them it do. It's true?
Molly is a well-trained dog. She obeys us, so that is a good thing.
• Genoa, Italy
@Corbin5 Exactly as I imagined. It is your merit that you have been able to give it a right training since the dog was a puppy! We, on the other hand, are absolutely unable to educate a dog. I'm not telling you that trouble at home .... for two years now! Do you have any idea what it means for me (obviously exaggerating), not being able to live peacefully at home anymore?
@LindaOHio (40218)
Molly will be a pretty little dog again.
She does look good. The groomer says that people are bringing in dogs all day long, every day, and she says her arms hurt big time when she gets home.
@LindaOHio (40218)
@Corbin5 Many little doggies have been waiting to go to the groomer.