10:45 A.M. today at the Squirrel Tree

By JJ
@myklj999 (44528)
So there I was, minding my own bidness. Well, not exactly, I guess there I was minding Scar's bidness. Anyway, I stuck my head out the front door to check on him...and quickly jerked it back inside when I saw a deer was in the yard. Now, deer in the front yard are not strictly unusual. I have several photos of them, but they always appear very late in the evening or after dark. This was the first time I have seen one here in broad daylight. I took a few good shots through the window and then decided to lean out the door to get one...and it saw me and took off across the road, went through the neighbor's front yard, and ended up in one of my other neighbor's back yard. Emoci was busy napzing, but Scar was outside and basically about 10 feet/3 meters from it when it took off running, and he didn't quite know what to think.
@FourWalls (26200)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Squirrel dressed up for a costume ball? They’ll do anything for a buck.
• Walnut Creek, California
I hope she finds a handsome one.
@Sojourn (9721)
Hello dear deer.
@CarolDM (82213)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Great photo. Sometimes when I see them in the middle of the day I think maybe their homes are being taken away and they have nowhere to go. When I started reading your post I was reminded of the Ray Stevens Song, The Streak for some reason... My mind is in crazy places today. I's standin' overe there by the tomaters, and here he come, running through the pole beans, through the fruits and vegetables, nekkid as a jay bird
@myklj999 (44528)
DON'T LOOK ETHEL!!!
@CarolDM (82213)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@myklj999 Too late, she'd already been incensed.
• Walnut Creek, California
Deers is purdy.
@myklj999 (44528)
Scar was like "What. The. Hell. Is. THAT."
@kobesbuddy (104418)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I went out on our front porch and there was a deer standing in the driveway eating Penny's flowers. I told it to leave, which it quickly did.
@Dragonairy1 (1735)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
Nice photo. I wonder what scar thought about an interloper that was too big to hunt
I’ve never been able to get a picture of the deer in our yard in 24 years. Maybe one day.
@Raelove (22488)
• Saco, Maine
Magnificent! It's what's called being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.
That was close and a great photo! I often wonder what cats think about the bigger animals that come close to them.
A great shot of the deer. Scar was probably wondering how that deer could run so very fast.
That's a kool shot you got.
Yum he looks good.
@wolfgirl569 (30518)
• Marion, Ohio
Thats a great photo. I am waiting to see the fawn on the trail cam.
@BarBaraPrz (27224)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
1972, I think.
@LindaOHio (40082)
That's a great shot! I'm glad Scar didn't decide to chase the deer across the street!
You did get a very good shot of this deer. I love to see deer, they are so mysterious and beautiful.
Ohhh, you got the perfect shot on this one !
@Gillygirl (42253)
• Sutton, England
Great shot there
A pretty good shot, thanks.