Do cats eat corn?

By JJ
@myklj999 (44481)
Because Emoci looks like she might think that corn cob is tasty. I took several shots of her before I made her get out of the Squirrel Tree this morning (she wants to hunt birds and squirrels there) and noticed in one she was licking her lips. Either that or she was trying to camouflage herself as a Black & White squirrel...
Cats are hard to control when outside which is why mine stay indoors, if a mouse gets in here then they can go at it but they ain't goin after the birds
@myklj999 (44481)
She was an outdoor cat when she adopted me.
But you said in one of your posts that she's not fully grown, she could easily learn to be an indoor only kitty @myklj999
@myklj999 (44481)
@rebelann Sure, if you wanna come up here to Illinois every time she takes off out the door, because I can't chase her down.
@pitsipeahie (3185)
I once tried giving my cats a yellow corn cob it still has some flesh to it. I just want to see if they'll eat it or lick or taste it. Out of my 3 cats only one ate it and that's the cat on my profile pic.
@myklj999 (44481)
I used to have a cat that liked peas, of all things
@myklj999 My cat who ate the corn was never a picky eater. I mean she eats almost anything. She eats table food. She eats veggies too.Though I don't feed them that. I gave her mashed potatoes, she ate it and bread too, she even likes boiled eggs. My two other cats won't eat anything except dry cat food, boiled chicken and liver, boiled fish and boiled meat.
I love your new cat.
@myklj999 (44481)
#NotMyCat She's a squirrel
My SoCo loved eating that cheddar popcorn (Smartfood?) but he never went for actual corn on the cob.
@myklj999 (44481)
Emoci is a straight up freak about potato chips.
@myklj999 me too
@owlwings (42563)
• Cambridge, England
I had a cat once who used to purr very loudly as he ate puffed wheat (the plain, unsugared kind and dry, with no milk) off the floor. I had another cat, too, who liked tomato and asparagus (though I suspect that the latter was mostly because of the butter it had on it). Emoci is not actually licking her lips but wetting the end of her nose. They (and many other animals) do this because it helps them smell better - not that they are overly concerned about their bodily odour: I mean that it aids their sense of smell!
@BarBaraPrz (27224)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Long ago and far away, I knew a cat who loved her "kitty stew" flavor of cat food but it had peas in it, which she would carefully lick the gravy off of but leave them in the bowl after everything else was gone. (I can't believe that I wrote such an awkward sentence. )
@KityCat (5160)
She would make a nice squirrel . A big squirrel in fact because squirrels are usually very small
@myklj999 (44481)
Two squirrels make a good meal
@LindaOHio (40057)
That's a great shot. I think she was licking her lips thinking about bird or squirrel meat. lol
I would take a black and white squirrel if it looked like her. So adorable!
@myklj999 (44481)
She's a little bitty thing, either not full grown or just gonna be a small cat.
@myklj999 Is she a stray?
@myklj999 (44481)
@DianneN Yes, she showed up outside one day and sat out there about 3 feet from Scare all day long, and he wasn't acting aggressive towards her...which is highly unusual. The next day, she was still hanging out here, and on the third day she came strolling in and made herself at home. I decided if Scar was going to accept her I'd let her stay.
I fear that she was licking her lips imagining the taste of birds and squirrels.
She is certainly licking her lips. Love the single white hairs through her coat.
She's probably like the rest of us and likes to eat it when she's watching a movie-go and ask The Scar, he'll know.
It seems that Emoci is a wilder cat than Scars. I hope they donĀ“t fight over something.
@kobesbuddy (104314)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We had a cat that would mow me down, for vanilla ice cream. Most cats enjoy dairy foods though.
@CarolDM (82028)
• Nashville, Tennessee
You have found a poser for the camera. She is a cutie!
@myklj999 (44481)
I love having the auto-advance when I am shooting, it will take about 3 shots per second and lets me catch things like this
@CarolDM (82028)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@myklj999 Great idea.
@myklj999 (44481)
@CarolDM It is especially handy getting birds in flight
@jayanth_77 (5934)
I don't think cats eat corn but the photo angle is such that it does appear the cat loves corn. Beautiful photography @myklj999
This is an interesting topic. I used to think that cats like eating fish. Here cats eat the rice and fish. Then I learned a friend from Denmark told me that the cats in Denmark eat potatoes. After that, I know the cats can have different eating habits in different places. Such as I ever saw a video that a cat from Thailand enjoys eating a durian. Whereas in another country, a cat seems to vomit to get close to the durian
Adorable!
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Great photo. I know some like cooked corn
@m_audrey6788 (31668)
I think Emoci loves corn. Now the squirrel will have problems with their food now
@kobesbuddy (104314)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I believe that Emoci secretly took a bite of that cob, but probably only once. Some animals will taste anything, if they see another varmint nibbling on it, from a distance. She won't return for another bite.