Sunday's doings

Just past 10:15 p.m. and time for me to head to bed, but didn't want to do so without a quick note. Today was another fairly quiet one, though I have been concerned about the riots and looting in Bellevue and Seattle. Bellevue is the next city over from where my daughter lives. My friend, RGD, came over and brought his drill, so that we could drill the drainage holes in the huge pots that I repotted 21 of the 25 specialty gladioli. After just three days most of them had roots already, so that was encouraging. The second huge pot is ready for me to go find some decent starter plants. I think I am going to find hot peppers, in hopes that the deer will stay away from them. I figure three or four plants should do well in these planters. I repotted the fuchsia I bought and it is already looking better than it did yesterday. Today, I put more marigolds in another container in the front area. I only got to the one plant indoors that I had broken the pot when I fell nearly six weeks ago. I kept it healthy but now it's in a nice pot I picked up at Walmart the other day. I also refilled all the hummingbird feeders today. They seem to only like two of them. The third they do not seem to feed from. If they do not feed from it again before emptying the two others, I will take it down and only use the two. Honey got plenty of exercise and was outdoors with us today. She will likely sleep all night through, and will go with me to the doctors' office tomorrow with me. I have a 9 a.m. appointment for my monthly shot. So, I better get myself ready to bed and get some sleep. I hope that you had a great May and achieved all the things you wanted to achieve here on myLot. Be safe. Stay well. Know peace. Show love. Goodnight... Photo credit: Pixabay
Good night, sweet Coralita. It is 1:30 am here so I´ll call it a day. Sleep tight.
I'm coming about five and a half hours. I'm contemplating whether or not I should go back to sleep for a couple more before my doctor's appointment. I hope you slept well
@TheSojourner I sleep like a log for about 5 hours at a time. Then I wake up, do something for some time and go back to bed. That´s my new normal
@marguicha Nothing feels normal, new or old, right now, Marga.
@nawala123 (14038)
It is 1st June, 1 pm. have a nice and stay sfae
Hard to believe it's June already!
@nawala123 (14038)
@TheSojourner yes and time for new normal
@nawala123 since I've never believed in normal anyway, this is just new.
@SHOHANA (14587)
• Bangladesh
Good night to you, its already June 1, 2020 here and 11:46 am. I wish a blessed month to you and all mylot friends
And I'm blessed June to you, as well.
@SHOHANA (14587)
• Bangladesh
@wolfgirl569 (32830)
• Marion, Ohio
You got a few things done. Hopefully the deer leave all of your plants alone.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!
@Lakshman15 (2716)
Good night friend..hear May month get ended and also start June month first day ...
I'm glad I woke up to a new month. it's 5 in the morning and I hear the birds singing outside my window in the trees.
I am glad to know that you were a little better. I use my hubby's drill to drill the drainage holes in the pots, of course I do not tell him that I do, he surely would think that I am going to hurt myself or do something horrible to his drill.
That's why I let RGD do things like that. I'm quite capable, but it gives him a sense of doing something for me. I have to realize that him drilling vote 5 hole markers and bringing enough Rock to fill the bottom up for drainage and then dumping the dirt into the pot he feels like is boys' work. There was a time I would just say I'll do it myself. But I got my hands dirty and he did what he felt he needed to do and I got them together and that makes him happy. There is one thing that I will never allow him to do and that's do the grilling outside on my grill. He's horrible. But that's for another story.
@TheSojourner I know that if I ask to my husband I have to wait, several hours... may be a day or two and then he is a perfectionist so the drill must be at the same distance with one in the center... NO!!! In fine minutes it's done and no one will ever notice if my holes are perfectly aligned or not. I know him too well, I know what NOT to ask. I asked him to re-arrange out all the DVDs of movies we have and I know that he is doing a great job there, downstairs in the basement, so that I can do outside everything I like and he will not know.
@LadyDuck well the bottom of the pots net will have little circles with a plus sign in them so it's pretty hard to mess them up if you use the right drill bit! LOL
Good night, sleep well. Good luck with the repotted plants.
Just waking up now it's nearly 6 a.m. I've been up for about 45 minutes. Well, I should say awake. I'm still in bed trying to get through some notifications! LOL. I have my doctor's appointment shortly and then I'll come home and other plants redone.
@TheSojourner hope the repotting and the doctor's appointment went on without trouble. Almost 7am here in Manila,my day is just starting.
@allen0187 More repotting to do. Dr. appt. went fine. Thank you. Hope you have a good week ahead, allen.
@jayanth_77 (6392)
Do you keep humming birds as pets or they visit your house.
No, they live in the wild. I don't think they would survive as pets, if you could capture one.
@TheSojourner but the humming birds seem to be staying in your bird house and feeding
@jayanth_77 They don't have a birdhouse. They roam freely in the area, and are so very small. They come to the feeders for the nectar, and find small bugs/flies elsewhere. Interestingly, they eat 50% of their weight every day. If one is lucky enough to find a nest, the nests are about the size of a half of a walnut shell, if you are familiar with that. The eggs, are about the size of a small white bean. They are amazing little creatures.
@JESSY3236 (12974)
I have been getting hummingbirds coming to my feeder. It has been raining lately so Lily has been able to get to outside. I hope she can later when I go out to water the flowers.
What types of hummers are in your area?
@JESSY3236 (12974)
@TheSojourner I have been getting mostly green ones.
@JESSY3236 There are several varieties that are green. Do you know which one?
I have to find some pots to plant our pole beans in. Little Miss got some from her teacher along with a little pot and some soil. We will plant some today. There is a window box in the abandoned place next to us and I think I am going to retrieve it and empty the old soil from it. I have a huge bag of potting mix that I'll put in it and then plant the seeds. Need to find a spot where I can run some twine so the plants can run up. Love glads! The are such a lovely bloom. Haven't planted them in years. When my kids were little I grew some in my garden. The girls loved them too.
Gladiolus and Iris are my two favorites.
@TheSojourner I have some beautiful Japanese Irises that were gifted to me by one of my dear clients. She passed at 100 years old. I'll dig these up when we leave and venture onto a new home one day.
@ElusiveButterfly I know that irises stay close to the top of the ground, from what I am reading. Do they multiply under the soil?
@Janet357 (54711)
Good morning there! Looks like you have a lot if flowering plants being repotted. Rgd is a helpful friend;)
Yes, he is a very helpful friend. I'm looking forward to seeing the gladiolus break ground
@Janet357 (54711)
@TheSojourner Good day there. By the way, what is that shot for?
@Janet357 It's a monthly shot that I take that keeps the tumors from over-producing serotonin and keeps some of the symptoms controlled.
• Agra, India
I heard about riots in your area. I hope this gets settled down soon
A friend of mine lives in a high-rise apartment and took videos of it just down on his street. It's crazy.
• Agra, India
@TheSojourner that is really a matter of big trouble
@amitkokiladitya it's trouble in so many places in this world right now. I just hope that something changes soon.
I hope you have good luck this year with not feeding the deer!
I see about six of them for the last four nights. They have already gotten some new growth, so we shall see about when the glads start breaking ground.
@TheSojourner I wonder if cages of wire and netting would help, or if there is a stinky spray to help discourage them. Sprinkle cayenne on the plants, something
@LindaOHio (43338)
You're becoming quite the gardener. Good luck with your shot. Hope you had a good night.
Let's hope it works! LOL I'll keep photos coming. Shot went well, thanks
@LindaOHio (43338)
@TheSojourner Definitely keep the photos coming. Glad your shot went well.
@erictsuma (3460)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Have a good night and wake up early to the doctor. Talk to you soon.
Thank you. I'm awake and going to go take my medications and jump in the shower and get ready. I'll feed my dog early and take her out first.
@erictsuma (3460)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@TheSojourner That nice
Happy June. Love that you are working on your plants. I hope your appointment went well.
Thanks, Heather. Hoping that some of them survive my touch. LOL Appt went well, too. Thanks.
@FourWalls (26959)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Does she like going to the doctor with you? I suppose it’s good for her to see that you have to go to the veterinarian too! Have a good day!
I do take her in the car with me about 90% of the time. That will need to stop soon, as it starts to get warmer.
You have more and more plants.It seems not to be too long before they drape your garden.All the best !
I hope so. I'm trusting that this year I have more luck!!
It's good that you got some gardening done. I hope you have a restful sleep.
I think I got a little over five hours of sleep. I think it will be good for today. I might get a nap later. I hope you're having a good day!
@DocAndersen (26091)
i love the picture! glad you got a lot done this weekend!
I wish I could take credit for that one. But it is similar to the ones that we have here that have been flitting around my feeders.