Oh, someone called me a racist.

@JimBo452020 (15580)
Montrose, Scotland
Yes, someone called me a Racist. Why? Well because I refused to " take the knee" when walking past a very small BLM protest. I am not a Racist, I never have been and I will never be Racist. But I will be damned if I will be told what to do by anyone to prove I am not a Racist. " prove you aint no Racist and take the knee" he said. I advised him to get out of my face and observe social distancing and also advised that him standing as close to me as he was might result in me making him move further away. Same guy looked very sheepish when I cornered him about 2 hours later in the local shop. He took my knee....
@myklj999 (44367)
I have a friend that is a racist...met them here years ago...they are always running these marathons and have won several races.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wish I could be racist. But I smoke too damn much. I was fast as a kid, but now I'm mad if a ball gets behind an outfielder because it means I have to chug all the way into third base. Speaking of third base, do you remember the first time you "got to third base" as a teen?
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Lol. All the best marathon runners are Black Africans
@myklj999 (44367)
@TheHorse Almost...but not quite. I've slept a lot since then.
@UncleJoe (17801)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It is the protests that keeps racism alive.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wouldn't say the protests. I's say the rioting and looting. The two are very different phenomena.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
I think this is true, Maybe even makes it worse. Especially in a small community like ours where racism has never been an issue anyway.
• Walnut Creek, California
I don't like being told what to do either. I am not particularly racist, but I am not a fan of Black Lives Matter. To me, it's insulting to black Americans. The people they "martyr" are generally criminals who got into encounters with overzealous (and yes, sometimes criminal) cops (or neighborhood watchmen, in the case of Trayvon Martin). Most black Americans are not criminals, and live as I do, working hard and trying to get by.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
At the start, after Floyd, I was sympathetic. Not any more, not after seeing the carnage the protests caused. Not after being held to feel responsible for the actions of people from.Scotland who used slaves 300 years ago. I am not racist at all. I never have been. But I wont be blackmailed either by some numpty who has no idea about history at all, or knowledge of me. Colour doesnt matter to me, or religion.
@myklj999 (44367)
I'm thinking of starting an MLM chapter - My Life Matters
• Walnut Creek, California
@myklj999 But aren't you...white? Anyway, I'll join. Or start my own Chapter.
@moffittjc (82875)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have always, and will always, treat people based on their character as a person, not by the color of their skin or their ethnicity or heritage.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
I am the same as you Jeff. There isnt a racist bone in my body. Never will be.
@moffittjc (82875)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JimBo452020 I try not to get defensive when people I have never met want to call me names solely based on the fact that I am a white man. They obviously don't know me. And I'm not going to stoop to their level and get into a shouting match with them over whether I am or am not a racist. I already know the truth. Not my problem if they don't.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@moffittjc I have never heard anyone who is white being called any names based on them being white. Thats the truth.
I've read a bit about black history, and the slaves coming up to Canada here thru the underground railroad from the southern states. Shame on the white for mistreating others like that. But, my theory is, that if we respect people, all ages, colours and religions all of the time, then taking a knee should not be necessary. I respect those that feel the need to take a knee, but I do not feel the need to and I am respected for that.
• Walnut Creek, California
I agree with you. I like the fact that many people who see me don't know what I've devoted my life to. In my own mind, it gives me a certain degree of "latitude" to speak honestly about what I've seen, and what I truly believe.
@TheHorse Actions speak louder then words and have more impact then protests have ever had.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
No one should be rebuked for not taking a knee.
Today somethings don't make a sense at all. Such as several weeks ago the movie Gone With The Wind was unavailable since they had to edit some parts relates to the black people. Now the chess is also related because it is black and white but why the white piece goes first And I heard that the university will also consider the race when they have the recruitment. This is not fair in my opinion. I think the universities have to consider how excellent the students are rather than the race. The race is nothing important in this aspect.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Gone with the Wind is a classic which should never be altered. Chess has nothing to do with race. Uni should only be considering ability and potential.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wouldn't mind free tuition for those who are severely economically disadvantaged. That would include all races and genders, but blacks would be over-represented, which is OK with me.
I am glad your ok over there it sounds awful.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Im fine Sharon. Never felt better.
@JimBo452020 Thank you for letting me know.
@CarolDM (81553)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Yikes, this is another reason I prefer staying home. Glad it was peaceful... and I agree with you.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
These people dont want peaceful!! Funny thing was it was a small group of all white students. None of our black community went near it.
• Walnut Creek, California
@JimBo452020 White students often try to identify with causes like Back Lives Matter so they can feel good about themselves.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheHorse Thats what I thought.
So you're sure that every member of this international community knows English abbreviations?! What does BLM mean?
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Black Lives Matter. Maluse my friend, I.assumed everyone on the planet knew what BLM stood for. Its had more than enough media attention
@JimBo452020 It has indeed. But, believe it or not, not all members of this international site watch news in English.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@MALUSE So how do German News Channels put it. I mean it is officially BLM.
@Raelove (22353)
• Saco, Maine
Years ago, my favorite rock radio station here in southern Maine (USA) was W-BLM. So when I hear the acronym BLM, that's what it reminds me of. Beyond that, I can't be bothered with mass ignorance and lack of respect.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
I think that mass ignorance and lack of respect could be why so much racism exists in the world.
@Raelove (22353)
• Saco, Maine
@JimBo452020 It has become apparent that most young people today know little to nothing about history. For instance, wealthy black people also had black slaves. Just one of many "facts" that just don't make it into today's collective thought process. Many of the riots are copy-cat tactics performed by morons who are just jumping into the fray while someone else records it on video for shock value online. There is a good mix of all skin colors in that vat. As for lack of respect, it is epidemic today, again mainly among young people whose parents fear them. It's the break-down of the family, which is one of the aims of the anarchist minds behind the destruction. I could go on. Let's just say it's the above combination that makes it less appealing to go anywhere at all these days.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Raelove The break down of the family started when all the authority and power to discipline was taken away from.parents and teachers.
@SHOHANA (10665)
• Bangladesh
What you are, you know well, don’t care what others think. Their thinking their problem
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Aye. You got that spot on. Thinking is their problem
@SHOHANA (10665)
• Bangladesh
@JimBo452020 so don't mind of those who judging you as they are
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@SHOHANA Judge Not, Lest you be Judged
@Fa_Maverick (3723)
I don't think they should be taking the stance of the cop that was kneeling on his neck as a form of solidarity... Why assume the stance of the cop that killed him? I got called a racist for not going to the protests... By someone who didnt even attend the protests themselves...Sorry I don't want to go somewhere where there are heaps of people during a pandemic
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
I agree about not wanting to be near heaps of people during a pandemic. I think it was proved beyond any reasonable doubt that 8 minutes of pressure on the neck from the knee did kill the guy. The footage was quite detailed and graphic.
@JimBo452020 Exactly so why take the stance that took his life? It doesn't make sense to me...
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Fa_Maverick Nor me. And the violent protests make even less sense
@thelme55 (44918)
OMG! People are getting crazy nowadays.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
And getting more crazy with every day that passes
@thelme55 (44918)
@JimBo452020 Yes, that is true.
@Adie04 (4921)
Hmm... Just block them in the face
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Lol. Good idea
@Adie04 (4921)
It seems the whole world is off their face at the moment.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Its complete madness. I just never thought that it wpuld reach our run down little rural town
@JimBo452020 I'd feel the same if they had a protest in our town. The streets would be choked with gophers and walking frames.
@emnuhpe (178)
• Medan, Indonesia
No, you are not a racist.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Thank you so much for saying that.
@JESSY3236 (12550)
I'm not racist. But I wouldn't have done that either.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
The world is a very strange place, isnt it?
People who demand you take their view are racist.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
They do seem to be and they do not even realise it.
There is just no reason for others to demand that you do that. What a fool.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
Its a bit like people forcing their religious beliefs on others. I am not even sure he meant well.
@Mike197602 (14770)
Just the saying is enough to piss me off ...take a knee or took the knee or and such ballocks as that what does the action even signify anywayutter load of crap.
@JimBo452020 (15580)
• Montrose, Scotland
My knee went into his nuts later on. He really did take the knee silly boy.