Online documents sending. Yes or no during this crisis?

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Positive side of this virus crisis is that many institutions here had decided that we can send them documents online. Not every but majority of them. I really like that and hope they can decide to keep this even later cause, standing in long lines, experiencing not nice clerk people in front of you well, this is a substitute for all that. Also, I think this is a sign of a modern, tehnical age. Today or tomorrow, I'm going to renew my health insirance and I'm really thrilled I don't need to go in person, when it's so hot outside. Do you have this in your place now, have you always had it or do you still like to talk to clerk people?
@Nakitakona (30394)
Yes some government agencies. They transact business via online.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that is good, right?
@Nakitakona (30394)
@moonandstars That sounds convenient for the people.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Nakitakona it does. it's about time that we save more and spend less
@MissNikki (4224)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Yes, I like to receive or send documents over the internet rather than going in person. I would like to keep doing this also!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that would be great. it's a win-win situation, right?
@MissNikki (4224)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
@moonandstars Yes, I agree
I have not done anything to renew mine as of yet. I know I renewed my housing and I did that through computer and email. I loved it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
yes, a nice feeling? this should stay, right?
@moonandstars I am hoping it stays this way. I loved not having to go to the office.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sharon6345 me too but, for some things, i still have to. like for voting tomorrow
Good morning.No I do not and do not need it.I am all set
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Evening. If you don't need it, you're a lucky person
@moonandstars not a lucky person.I earned it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@amadeo that too
@kanuck1 (1947)
I have noticed here that some doctors will visit some through Zoom. Not all person to person visits are necessary. Much can be done by phone and internet.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i love it and it's time to shift their routines, right?
@kanuck1 (1947)
@moonandstars Yes, we must adapt to the situation and do things that limit the risk of infection.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@kanuck1 we surely do.
• Agra, India
Here everything is a mix and match at present
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
yes, some still insist to do things in person, right?
• Agra, India
@moonandstars yes..true.
@Adie04 (6804)
Since we cannot meet our lecturer face to face, we need to send online. Of course it's risky, but what to do.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it's risky but it's also a good way. as forthis, i would like things to get back to normal but for this paper works, no.
@Adie04 (6804)
@Tierkreisze (1542)
Having those also means that your country has good economy, that's how you get access to faster internet servers that for processing and storing data. Sadly, my country doesn't have the resources for this yet. But we could pay most bills either online or through smaller payment centers. Honestly, the lines at those centers are so short even today that you could have your monthly electricity bill paid in less than 5 minutes.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i didn't think it like that but, our country is small so, i'm not sure. i'm glad for this services but, i'm afraid they will return to past times when things get better.
Yes most of the things can be done online so it's a good way
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that is great. are you enjoying it?
sadly, I didn't get a chance to do that with my birth certificate. I still have to go to that credible center and get the papers myself.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i'm sorry. i don't get it why couldn't they scan it and send it?
@bbghitte (2048)
Yes, we also have that. Just make sure that you send them to legit email addresses because scammers are also taking advantage of this opportunity.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i'll try to. thank you!
• Semarang, Indonesia
Maybe we have to be more careful to send the inportant document by online. Except we must make assure it is safe
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
well, yes but, same feeling is in person as well and, i must say, i like how come there are no comments, like there were in person
• Semarang, Indonesia
@moonandstars haha... thats also right.. i do agree... online is reduce direct comment from persons
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@HannahKusKus yes, it's more formal over e-mail and like it should be
@thelme55 (46206)
Yes, some are already done online here unless I have to go for my passport renewal. Then I have to go personally.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i'm afraid i need to do it in person as well but, thankfully, next year. actually, my id. my passport ended and i forgot to renew it.
@thelme55 (46206)
@moonandstars I think you have to personally renew your documents.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@thelme55 i know but, it would be great if i don't have to.
@ShifaLk (16314)
Yes. It's better than all that waiting in queue types
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is but, a public transport company said no to me and said that i still have to come if i want a free ticket, as unemployed person. i have to take a photo and go at the west side of the city and, i live on the east. i'm not so sure so, yes, i wish this becomes more appliable
@ShifaLk (16314)
@moonandstars oh no.. that's not fair.. so what are you going to do then
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ShifaLk i don't feel like going anywhere so, i won't do it. i knew there was a catch cause, almsot half of the population would have a free pass
@nomus24g (33705)
even before this pandemic crisis...we always had this e-Renewal of insurance policies through websites
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that's good, isn't it?
@nomus24g (33705)
@moonandstars yes....it saves a lot of time. We have most of the stuffs done digitally and online...
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@nomus24g i like that we don't have to spend the paper. it's affordable, at last.
@JimBo452020 (16680)
• Montrose, Scotland
I have no idea. Cant recall the last instance I had to do anything like this
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it's good that some things are evolving.
@JimBo452020 (16680)
• Montrose, Scotland
@moonandstars Sometimes its not though It really does depend on how it evolves
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@JimBo452020 well, yes, troubles are always around us. just, i hope small troubles.
@birjudanak (13857)
Its good to submit documents online as in the majority of work which are possible on online submission then we must have to do. If they are ready to do something online then it must be continued. In government work it's a long queue and need to pay them even everything ok.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i also think it shoud be continued. can't they make our life easier?
@birjudanak (13857)
@moonandstars Yes if they are secure and fast system then they should have to keep continuing it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@birjudanak agree! thank you
We seem to be doing more and more business online lately. I think it is a good idea really.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I think so too just, with answering, some people could be faster but, it's important they answer eventually, right?
@moonandstars And I'm starting to change my mind. Several times now we've needed to speak to a real person but there is no way of doing so. If the answer isn't on the website, it seems they're not interested. I'm sure it saves them a lot of hassle if disgruntled people can't actually voice their problems.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@JudyEv o, i hate that as well. look at this and this section. i thought, man, just answer me the question
We do have that here. I so prefer to do things online rather than in person.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
me too. do you think things will get back to normal after crisis?
@moonandstars I think many of us will still practice social distancing, hand-washing, and wear masks just in case even when things are normal. I also think that businesses will go toward employees working from home the majority of the time just in case. Businesses whose employees are working from home are finding that they do not have to pay the utilities, janitorial staff, repairs and more due to the buildings being empty. I bet at-home working for many businesses will be normal after the crisis.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Corbin5 that's a positive side of it, definitely, well said
@dgobucks226 (22943)
Yes so true. We can do many things online today. I was able to get my auto insurance application and driver's license renewed online. It saves a lot of waiting in line
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o, i wish i could do that with my driver's licence next year but, i think that even the crisis stays, some institutions still won't change their behaviour i'm happy for you!
@dgobucks226 (22943)
@moonandstars Thanks! I do detest lines, lol.