Procrastination Can Kill You!

@UncleJoe (17986)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
My plan was to get up early and tackle the overgrown tangle in the back yard. Unfortunately, when my eyes opened this morning the sun was already high. Our back doesn’t get the attention that the front does, but with good reason. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have all electric equipment except one piece. My gas-powered weedwhacker. That’s the one I use to maintain around the patio. It’s is also the one that threatens to kill me every time I attempt to crank it up. It is only 85 here today, which is 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. It didn’t SEEM to hot to work in the back. To add to the risk of working out back in the summer is a 7’ privacy fence that unfortunately blocks any cooling breeze. I thought about doing my swearing even before I took the trimmer out of the shed, just to get that part out of the way, but got sidetracked with a phone call and forgot. Yet, to be honest, after the initial start up, it’s usually not hard to crank again. However, when this old cantankerous tool has been dormant for a couple of weeks, it likes to tease me. Yank the cord and it fires for a couple of revolutions and stops. Yank it again, 3 revolutions, again and again before I realize I have overextended my yanks. No real chest pains but I find myself getting dizzy and gasping for breath before I realize I had gone too far. Especially after I ended up clinging to the ground with both hands to keep from falling. Gr-^#^ weedwhacker!
I think you need a new weedwhacker before the old one kills you!
@UncleJoe I hope you listen to us.
@UncleJoe (17986)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@DianneN Oh, I would if I wasn't losing my hearing! That's why I just nod in agreement when Becky is talking because she get's upset when she has to keep repeating herself. And then she accuses me of not listening.
@UncleJoe You poor, poor man.
@CarolDM (83233)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Not good, get a new one!
@UncleJoe (17986)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@CarolDM I'm a-lookin' online right now.
My advice: get rid of that old thing and get yourself one with a battery,
We have one with a battery and love it.
@wolfgirl569 (30900)
• Marion, Ohio
I think I would look into battery operated ones. I love the worx one I bought. Just pop the battery in and push a couple of buttons
@UncleJoe (17986)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@wolfgirl569 I'm looking online right now for a battery powered B&D. I want it to use the same spool as my plug-in B&D.
@wolfgirl569 (30900)
• Marion, Ohio
@UncleJoe I dont know if they do or not.Good luck.
why are you still around?(kidding)
@UncleJoe (17986)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@amadeo Because I haven't left yet!
It sounds like you need to invest in a new weed wacker the old one sounds dangerous to me. Back in Latvia, the one thing everyone had was a good old scythe and they sacked the grass with that. It always looked very dangerous to me but Latvian are old-fashioned people and they use what their grandparents used.
• Mexico
I think it might be better to get a new one haha
• Walnut Creek, California
I don't like feeling dizzy. Yeah, get an electric one.
@edisondanila (28741)
That's true.
@moffittjc (83953)
• Gainesville, Florida
You need to get you one of them cordless battery-powered weedwhackers. Or, as we call them here in the South, weedeaters. I have cordless tools for everything. Don't have a battery-powered lawn mower yet, but next time I replace my existing one that's probably the route I'll go. Good news, everything starts up right away. Bad news, sometimes I forget to charge the batteries beforehand!
You need to put that back in the tool chest and buy something different. I think you just wanted to be rescued.
We have a couple of these types of machines. Yank away all you like but it will start when it's good and ready - and not before.
@thelme55 (46206)
I think you really have to buy a new one before it will hurt you.
@JimBo452020 (16680)
• Montrose, Scotland
Oh dear take it easy and get an electric one.
My goodness that sounds like an UncleJoewhacker . . . go get new one!
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
I've been known to be a little violent with pull-start engines. It's a little disconcerting to end up with the handle and cord in my hand no longer attached to the engine I was trying to start.
@JESSY3236 (12629)
I think you need a new one that isn't gas powered. I only tried once with a gas powered lawn mower and I couldn't get it started so I don't mow the grass. I let my neighbor do it.
That is really sad when the weedwhacker get the best of you.