The Better Half

As we bid farewell to the month of June, we look forward to the second half of 2020. We are looking forward to a much better second half. Yes, the virus is still here. But, within the next few weeks our son and his wife will be moving. That means that they will be living much much closer to us! We are so thrilled with that. Today I booked my hubby's SUV in to have the muffler replaced. For this we take it to a muffler shop, not the dealership. When we agreed on a date and time, he asked for my last name. I warned him it is a long one, and began to spell it phonetically for him. When I finished I commented on how long and unusual it is. He told me that he had it in his database, with the first name Jon. Our son shortens his first name for such databases. So, I asked him to switch out the J for an R, as my hubby's name is Ron, and put us in. He laughed and asked what my name is. I texted our son, and he advised me that they used to talk football together, they are both 49'er fans, so I'll ask my hubby to wear a Lions shirt. Just to keep things interesting. ~Photo is mine
@CarolDM (81880)
• Nashville, Tennessee
So happy they are moving closer. And I love the happy faces in the photo. Such blessings.
Thanks, that was taken a couple of years ago. My hubby is on the left end of the group and our son on the far right end. The really big guy was a football player for their high school, he and the other are old friends of our sons. Adopted kids as they like us to call them.
@CarolDM (81880)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Juliaacv One big happy family it looks like.
@CarolDM Thanks, those kids have had their feet under my kitchen table more times then I can count, and always so much fun to be around.
@kobesbuddy (104253)
• East Tawas, Michigan
How nice that your son will soon be living a lot closer, to his parents! My son-in-law is a Lion's fan, also:) He loves sports Nice photo, Julia:)
My husband is not a huge sports fan, but he does like watching NFL games, especially when the Lions play. We're really looking forward to the kids being closer to us. And a place out on lake Huron, they will be across the water from you!
@kobesbuddy (104253)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv We are right on Lake Huron(our town is), about 60 miles north of Bay City.
@kobesbuddy They will live near Grand Bend, Ontario which is across from Port Huron, MI. I love Lake Huron better then any of the other Great Lakes. So when you are looking out at the stars over the lake, our son could be looking from the other direction.
@moffittjc (83156)
• Gainesville, Florida
Now you have me very curious as to what your last name looks like, how it's spelled, and how it's pronounced!
Its 10 letters long. I will PM you.
@moffittjc (83156)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Oh my goodness! That is long!
@moffittjc Yes, and our son's first name is long also. His name is Jonathon. We named him after my Dad, John. I really had my hopes set on Ian, which is the Irish form of the name of John, but in the end, my hubby won that one. When he was in grade 7 or 8, he decided to shorten it to just Jon, but he does sign and go by his full name for anything formal, like a resume or anything legal. Of course we just call him Bub.
Great photo. I can imagine how much you'll all enjoy living closer to each other. I sometimes (make that often) wish our boys were a bit closer.
Thanks, they were all smiles because they were going to a football game. For most of the past 7 or 8 years our son has lived a ways away from us. For a while we were in the same city, but it doesn't feel that was for very long. We have to let our kids live their adult life and that is not always close to us. But in spirit they are never far.
@Juliaacv You're quite right but sometimes I wish it were a bit different.
@JudyEv I know. I remember the day that our daughter-in-law found out that she had to work out of an office 2 hours from where they were living. She called me and sobbed and cried, and as much as it hurt me to say, I had to tell her that she had to take that job, that it was her future. And she only worked out of that office for a little over a year, which is a short time in the entire working career she will enjoy. And it has brought her back here to the city that she loves and wants to work in.
I am sure you have good times coming this second half of the year.
I hope so, and I hope that you do also.
@Juliaacv Thank you, I know I will I am going on my first vacation in so many years.
@sharon6345 Stay safe and take good care when you go away Sharon, please.
@thelme55 (45293)
It is nice that they will be moving near you. I am happy for you.
Thank you, we are so happy about their move. I told our son this week that I am off from work the week that they will be moving and told him that if he needs me for anything just to call. He thanked me and told me that I am always there for them, and they appreciate that. I told him just think of me as insurance-really loveable insurance.
@thelme55 (45293)
@Juliaacv You are a good mother. I know, we love our kids and we do everything for them
@thelme55 Oh yes, I've wanted to be the mother of a son for as long as I can remember, he really is a blessing to me, and his wife is so sweet, I love her dearly.
@Bensen32 (15493)
We can only hope that the second half is better.
My husband has made back all of the interest that he lost at the beginning of the year on his investments. And when I get my updates I am hoping for the same news. We are not letting our guard down, and are super careful always, neither of us want to get ill.
@Bensen32 (15493)
@Juliaacv Oh that sounds like good news. Always good to get your money back. Yea, can never be to careful.
@Bensen32 When we go out, we only go to a few places.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I am glad they will be living closer to you. Good idea to tell your husband to wear a lions shirt.
We’re all looking forward to living closer.
• Israel
@Juliaacv That is great news.
@Adie04 (5120)
Virus is still outside and we only can pray so that the virus will go away soon.
Don't they wash down your streets there to help clean up the cities?
@Adie04 (5120)
@Juliaacv it is! I don't know how the virus still got one here this week
@LowRiderX (20080)
• Serbia
I'm glad you'll be closer soon. A second wave of viruses has now reportedly been declared here, but the public pools are open, we also had a vote ... I don't believe anything they say
We are so careful when we go out. We only go to a few places, so that our bubble is small. Tomorrow we are spending the day with our son and his wife, we are all looking forward to it.
@LowRiderX (20080)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Wonderful, enjoy together, I will be away again for the weekend
Oh yes, having your husband wear a 49'er T-shirt will brighten that fellow's day for sure.
No, I was thinking of getting my hubs to wear a Lions shirt, just to get the guy's attention. Aren't I bad?
@Juliaacv Oh yes, that would be bad but worth it.
They all beamed with pleasure in the picure. I can't help laughing as see your husband unzip his jacket and show off the picture.
That shirt had a favourite player on it.
I know you are happy that they will be closer.
I am happy for them being closer and also for them living out on Lake Huron, they both really love it out there.
you are bad there Julia.
Who…….l'il ole me?
Lol i hope he did it.