Seems to me

@JimBo452020 (15778)
Montrose, Scotland
Seems to me that in most places where lockdowns and restrictions have been eased, that Coronavirus is on the rise again. More reports from all over the world everyday saying the same. England has not been out of Lockdown very long and already Leicester, population 340,000 is being locked down again. This is going to happen more and more, isnt it? Here in Scotland it would appear to be on the way out, But I bet, much like in other places, as soon as lockdown is eased some more, the virus will be back with an och aye the noo vengeance. What do you think about the best way forward? Health or Wealth, it doesnt look like we can have both.
@moffittjc (83241)
• Gainesville, Florida
Open our economies back up and get people back to work. More people are suffering from being out of work than are people suffering from the virus!
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
You make a good point. No doubt about that at all. It may well be the best way foward. It may prove not to be. Sadly, in places already opened up cases are rising rapidly More quickly than back in late February. In a place like America with something like 40k new cases daily of late , its frightening to think how many more potential spreaders there are now, than back then. I think it might get really bad. I do agree though about the suffering by those out of jobs because of the Shutdowns , I am one such person, no income for 14 weeks in what would be my busy time.
@moffittjc (83241)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JimBo452020 Are you serious? No income for 14 weeks? How are you managing to get by with no income? I would be devastated!
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
@moffittjc Aye. I could be making about £140 per day just now, more if I worked longer. Yvonne has income. We have a bit put by. And we have no debt at all. So its really not an issue. Its showing me what retirement will be like. Its cool. This time we have together is the best ever. Far from being devastated, I am very happy
Our one state that was opening up first has now locked down again. Numbers are rising again there. WA's only cases are coming in from overseas and they are in quarantine in hotels so hopefully not spreading the virus. Interestingly, the cases in NSW began through security guards in quarantine hotels not staying vigilant about protocols. Now they're paying for it.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Australia and New Zealand are the two places I didnt think would be locking down again. It only needs one case to start it up all over again, lets hope you steer clear of it in WA
@JimBo452020 Thanks. We got on to it quickly and our government handled it well. It's done wonders for the popularity of WA's premier. It's easier for us as we're nearly back to normal. The longer people are shut down, the more antsy they get and the less inclined to follow restrictions.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
@JudyEv I hope you are still saying the same thing in another 3 months. I think a sting in the tail is likely. Probably why Our Nicola Firt Minister has come out and confirmed already she will be making some unpopular decisions. They know!!!
@thelme55 (45346)
We have to discipline ourselves and only go out when we have to. We have to wear masks and do social distancing, too.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Even if not in lockdown?? Even where masks are not compulsory And social distance is less than 2m. That is a bitter pill many obviously find hard to swallow
@thelme55 (45346)
@JimBo452020 Yes, even if we are not in lockdown anymore. I am thinking of my own health and so I will still use my mask and keep away from the people.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
@thelme55 Staying away from people is the key to staying safe. When lockdown ends here I will be the same as you, avoid people where possible
• Cuddalore, India
Self isolation and Self awareness
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
I totally agree. If your were India PM, what would you do?
• Cuddalore, India
@JimBo452020 No Idea.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Lignitecityabishek96 Neither has the PM!!!
Here too they are easing up without even realizing the after effects
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Its all about the money But it is understandable. Hard choices need to be made
@JimBo452020 exactly
@Adie04 (5330)
I also don't know what to say now. Keep lockdown, the economy fall. Lockdown eased, many got positive.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Exactly correct Its difficult to know what is the best way to handle it
@Adie04 (5330)
Best way forward: leave the planet . The problem is we are not all on the same page about protocol . . . we should all literally do the same thing, at the same time, and keep it that way for a long time . . . maybe then we will see a real flattening of the curve. Right now everyone is all over the place and it does not help that there are those that will not comply at all.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Ah well. I mentioned in a post in April that I thought that we were edging toward a world where people of all nations followed the same behaviour patterns. I think it will happen despite none of us being on the same page just now. We have changed our behaviour so much already, in such a short space of time Rome was not built in a day, bit it was built
@UncleJoe (17894)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think it is absurd to think the virus is over when new cases are reported every day, but folks are dying to get back to "normal". The only good news is that more people are surviving the virus now.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Surely not many people can actually believe the virus is over. Folks are dying to get back to normal. I hope we can get back to normal. But I think this is the new normal, It has to be, with some tweeking
Two steps forward one back..get used to it it is probably going to happen alot.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Well said Snowy. Sounds like a plan. At least we would still advance a bit
I here it more than that in Ny so I am just going to hope for the best.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
This is just about all that we can do. Wonder what the best is in real terms?
• Walnut Creek, California
It really does look that way. Some sidewalk cafe are open here in Northern California. I'll stick with take-out. I want to know that the virus has mutated and only affects ground squirrels before I let my guard down.
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Im more paranoid with every restriction they ease. Because it all means more people encountering more people. I like social distancing I have enjoyed lockdown. My guard is up
If more people were following the rules, things would get better faster,
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
Aye true, But what about in places where lockdown has ended and the figures are rising again.