It took 47 Years., Years Later I Am Experiencing It Again.

For the first 47 years of my life I was not aware of why I was always tired and had difficulties. I was diagnosed as a teen with an allergy to house dust. Fast forward to when I was going through my divorce and I ended up in the hospital with what was initially thought to be a Pulmonary embolism but later diagnosed as Asthma and sleep Apnea. It had been aggravated by a bad case or bronchitis. After being in the hospital for that I decided I was not going to go back if I could help it. Fast forward to recent weeks.... My apnea events are all over the place, In the past few months I have been diagnosed with High Blood pressure and cholesterol along with ongoing issues with my knees. As the events go up and I feel cruddy again I am back to sleeping sitting up part of the night. I have needed to do this on occasion when my arthritis acts up but the last few weeks it has become more common. Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen? In recent weeks my apnea events have b
@CarolDM (83075)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Sorry you have to go through all of this. My Dad had sleep apnea.
Do you not use a CPaP machine? I do agree that sometimes all of my issues, which are very minor compared to yours, really act up. Doc. wants me to do a home sleep study. I believe that yes my sleep is interrupted, but I think it is from hubby. I do not have a place to sleep sitting up.I wonder if the Sahara dust is aggravating your breathing issues.
@GardenGertyI use a Cpap machine every night. I never thought about that super dust storm affecting me.
There seems to be many, many people with sleep apnea. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. It just seems to increase as you get older.
So many people have sleep apnea, I think that both my hubby as well as myself are very fortunate not to have it. I believe that it is indicative of heart disease, isn't it?
Sorry about all your health problems, My own nephew has sleep apnea and uses a machine at night,
@UncleJoe (17981)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes, but the good news is that they have specific pills to treat each individual problem. I take 9 different pills a day for 9 different problems. Isn't medicine wonderful?