Me Day Tomorrow

@wolfgirl569 (30434)
Marion, Ohio
But I know it wont be a real long one. Probably only about a couple of hours. But it is still quiet time. Chores went well. Except Billy goat scared me. When I first brought him back in the barn I thought he was bloated. But then I looked closer and he was fully round. Bloat only swells one side of the belly. He had pigged out on the thistles I threw in the round pen So goofy boy did not get as much hay as usual tonight. He felt fine and was eating his hay. I did put some baking soda in a pan for him to be safe. It can help with bloat in a goat. OH LOOK I made a rhyme I got my new rat traps yesterday but was too tired to check them out. They are very easy to bait even with liquid. Also easy to set without snapping my own fingers. Which I am known to do with the wood ones. I am trying to even the odds against my army. There is 3 cats in my army and just me. Maybe I can get more than the cats now as I have a total of 7 traps set. I also got 4 more rows weeded out. But I still have 7 rows to do not counting the corn. I counted the hot peppers as 2 rows and it is 3. I also forgot all about the 2 tomato rows. But this evening was a lot nicer with a good cooling breeze to work in. So I am aiming for 4 rows done tomorrow evening also. Hope you have a good night.
@moffittjc (83241)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well aren't you just quite the farmer! Between rows of crops, fields of hay, and goats and horses, you are running quite the operation!
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Now that I am getting milk built up I just about dont need a store
@moffittjc (83241)
• Gainesville, Florida
@wolfgirl569 Now you just need some pigs and a cow, so that you can have homemade bacon, pork chops and steak! haha
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
@moffittjc Pigs dig too much and cows are very very hard on fences.
I also snapped my fingers with the wooden traps. I should go out and weed too, but today is too hot and humid.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
I have been doing the weeding in the evenings because of that. I hate those old traps. But they help
@wolfgirl569 It is a long time that I do not see mice and rats around, may be the cats do a good job, but I count more or those non venomous snakes that are around. It is starting to rain now, at least it will cool down the air.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
@LadyDuck The cats try here. I leave many snakes alone to eat the bugs.
@emnuhpe (282)
• Medan, Indonesia
I hope ypur goat is okay.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Fine, just ate too much.
@emnuhpe (282)
• Medan, Indonesia
@wolfgirl569 it will produce a lot of lamb....
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
@emnuhpe This one is just a spoiled pet. Lucky for him that he was the first goat baby I ever had as he is always into something.
@Alexandoy (58895)
• Cainta, Philippines
Are you able to finish all the rats or you just lessen their population from time to time?
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Hoping to get them. But unless the neighbor changes how they store feed they will stay around.
@Alexandoy (58895)
• Cainta, Philippines
@wolfgirl569 oh, that would be difficult if the pests can get feed from your neighbor.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
@Alexandoy It makes it harder when you cant get everyone to work at it.
@LindaOHio (40057)
I'm glad Billy was OK. The cats don't get in the rat traps, do they? Have a great July 1! Enjoy your me day.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Billy was looking for more thistles this morning I have the traps covered with milk crates, the one building is empty right now also, so some in there.
@LindaOHio (40057)
@wolfgirl569 Thistles must really taste yummy!
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
@LindaOHio The goats say they are
@Adie04 (5297)
Hopefully you have a good day over there too.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
It has been, Thanks
@Adie04 (5297)
My tomatoes are starting to get a bit taller now. Would Billy take baking soda of his own accord if he needed it?
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
What I looked up said many do. Never had one bloat but I dont feed grain heavy either. That is a big cause of it in a lot of animals. Had a show steer when I was in 4-H that would bloat. We even had an old water hose in the show box at fair to be safe. Learned how to but it down his throat to let the gas out.
@wolfgirl569 That was a very positive thing you learn in 4-H.
@kareng (27856)
You have been busy! I am about ready to get back home. I miss my daily routine with animals and the garden.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
I understand. I always want a break. Then when I get it I cant wait to get back
@kareng (27856)
3h
@wolfgirl569 It worked out okay. The self feeders all worked and all had food in them when we got back. Same for water.
@sol_cee (22884)
That’s a real Farmville you got in there.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Its never boring like farmville tho
@sallypup (39035)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Enjoy those garden rows!
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
I have a few hot peppers and see my bell peppers starting.
That's very good and now you won't spare any rats . Have a very good night
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope to get them all
• Agra, India
That is a lot of hard work . Now have a good sleep