Happy Canada Day!

Good morning myLot friends. Today is a holiday here in Canada. It is Canada Day. There will not be any large gatherings this year due to the situation at hand. We are excited to be able to drive down to spend part of the day with our son and daughter-in-law. We are looking forward to seeing them both as well as our granddoggie, Ellie. Today will be the last time that we visit our son in his current home, they are moving and will be out of that home in the next few weeks. Happy Canada Day to all who celebrate!
ArtistsCAN – Lean On Me Watch, Stream, Listen and Share. All proceeds of the ArtistsCAN single are donated to the Canadian Red Cross to help fight COVID-19 i...
@moffittjc (83882)
• Gainesville, Florida
Good morning, and happy Canada Day to you! What does Canada Day signify, or celebrate?
Good morning, Happy Wednesday to you. You have a long weekend approaching, don't you? Today is the day that Canada became a country. I wrote about it recently.
Hey Canadians, its almost 'that' day again. The day that the True North will celebrate another year. July 1st is Canada's 153rd birthday. [em]w00t[/em] For...
@moffittjc (83882)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Not sure how I missed that post! I'll go back and read the discussion!
@moffittjc Thanks. You will probably notice when I write about Canada, how much I love our country. My grandparents, who immigrated from Belgium during hard times, taught me that.
Happy Canada Day to you Julia, enjoy your day with your wonderful family.
Thank you so much Anna. This will probably be our last visit together in this home.
@Juliaacv You will come back home with something to "store" until the move.
@LadyDuck I hope not.
@cherigucchi (8436)
Enjoy the celebration.
Thanks, it will be a very small and quiet one in comparison to years gone by, but it will be safe.
@Juliaacv I understand. It is because of the situation right now. But its nice that you can still enjoy it.
@cherigucchi Yes, we all love to celebrate our country's birthday. My hubby and I used to go away every year to celebrate and enjoy the activities offered by the city that we chose to holiday in. I miss the easiness that our lives provided us back then, hopefully some of the easiness returns.
@Lavanya15 (6198)
• Chennai, India
Good to know hear my friend. I don't know about it. Thanks for sharing hear. Happy Canada day.
Thank you. Today is the day that our country first began. My grandparents, who immigrated from Belgium, always taught me that this was the best country in the world to live in, and that I should always be so very thankful that I live here. I remember those words every day, but especially on Canada Day.
@Lavanya15 (6198)
• Chennai, India
@Juliaacv oh that's great. Enjoy your day my friend.
@Lavanya15 Thanks, we will. You try to have a good day today too, I am sorry for what you are going thru.
@Adie04 (6649)
Oh yay! I remember you wanted to post about this. Happy Holiday and Happy Canada Day 2020!
Thank you very much. I hope that have a great day today.
@Adie04 (6649)
@Juliaacv thank you
@Adie04 You are welcome.
@CarolDM (83098)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Hope today was fun for all and memories were made.
It was a lot of fun, and her mother came over which was really nice. We get along so well together and I have not visited with her since Christmas.
@CarolDM (83098)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Juliaacv That is so nice. Always reading about your happy get togethers.
@kobesbuddy (104720)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm glad you're gonna be visiting you son, daughter-in-law and Ellie:) Stay safe and Happy Canada Day:)
Thank you Kharla. We had a lot of fun together. They had Ellie to the groomer recently and with her short hair you can really tell that she has lost a bit of weight. She is healthy, but they put her on a diet and she looks good.
@kobesbuddy (104720)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv You're welcome, Julia:) I put Kobe on a diet and he's looking so much healthier!
Wishing you a very Happy Canada Day. So glad you will visit with your son and his wife.
Thank you, we had a lot of fun together. And as a surprise, her mother came over. We haven't seen her since Christmas, and we get along so well, I have missed her.
@Juliaacv Oh, that is wonderful her mom was there too. It is so nice when it is safer to be able to be in the company of a few others.
@thelme55 (46123)
Have a nice celebration. Enjoy your Canada Day.
Thank you and you enjoy this first day of July.
@thelme55 (46123)
@Juliaacv You are welcome. Yes, I will.
• Midland, Michigan
Happy Canada day, Julia and all Canadians here. I should be able to remember that day as it's something for me to but probably but next year I'll wonder what it was.
Thank you. I am surprised, with you being in Michigan that you did not know. Your state borders our province, and there have been a lot of international celebrations, over the course of today and your holiday, that have gone on for decades. We used to go to the Freedom Festival in Windsor, which of course is across the river from Detroit. They always had an amazing fireworks display. Happy Independence Day, a few days early, but I hope that you enjoy it.
• Midland, Michigan
@Juliaacv I knew about the day itself but didn't remember when it was. I don't remember the news much for the I don't have the a working TV, so...
Happy Canada Day and I hope you have a great visit with your son and daughter in law.
Thanks, we did have a lot of fun together, and this afternoon her mother dropped in. We have not seen her since before corona, and it was a lot of fun having her with us. I have been worried about her, she has been on a stress leave from work for almost a year now, she is not well.
Happy Canada Day To You! Enjoy the day with the family.
Thank you. It was fun being with the kids today. My daughter-in-law and I actually packed a couple of boxes together getting ready for their move.
Happy Canada Day Julia!! enjoy your visit with your son and pretty soon they'll be living closer.
Good morning. We’re at our son’s place now. The house looks bare without decor on the walls of course the stacks of boxes add a certain something to the place. I hope that you have a great day today.
@bbghitte (2042)
Enjoy this day!
Thank you and you enjoy the day today also
Have a wonderful day. Celebrate to the max!
Thanks. We will celebrate as much as Ellie allows us to today. We are getting ready to go soon, I am looking forward to seeing them, and Ellie of course.
@CinnamonGrl (6715)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Have a great holiday! I haven't done anything for our Fourth of July in a long time, even without the pandemic. I used to enjoy it when I was younger though. I'm glad you get to spend the day with your son and his family.
Yes, we have changed things up over the years also. In the not so distant past, my hubby and I have gone away for a few days to enjoy the holiday activities of the city that we chose to stay in. We always visited an area near a lake, this is the hottest part of our summer. Whatever you choose to do on the 4th, I hope that you enjoy yourself. Remember the importance of the day.
Happy Canada Day
Thanks, Happy Canada Day to you too! I listened to the bilingual version of Oh Canada this morning on youtube.
Good morning Julia Happy Holiday there.Love the song.
Good morning Fredo. That is a cool song isn't it? There was a televised special in March where a lot of the musically talented Canadians took part and this song was part of it. It was to lift everyone's spirits due to the lockdowns. Have a great day today, stay hydrated if its hot hot hot there like it is here.
• Japan
Happy Canada Day! And enjoy the granddog.
Thank you. I have a nice red and white top ready to wear as these are our colours.
@m_audrey6788 (31807)
Good Morning. Happy Canada to you over there
Good morning, thank you. Enjoy your day today too!