Good Morning 7/1/2020! Busy first day or July for me!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have a feeling today will be better than most lately, Well, okay, it might not start out the best as I have to get my every two week injection and it has been hurting going in and while the nurse holds it in me. I mind my manners as "manners are a must" and don't complain! But the good part (I hope) is my psychiatrist is going to call me at 2:20 today, and my nurse who gives me my shot wants me to tell him about my cooking phobia as it came back. I also wrote down my major anxieties that are making me suffer so much. I have it all written down as I get nervous talking to him and forget to tell him everything he should know. i am going to beg him to give me anxiety medicine as I used to take it, and I was so much better with it. Other than those two things that are definite things that I HAVE to do, I may do one load of clothes/towels so that I don't have to do three loads in a day like last Saturday. What are you going to do today? Will you have hotter than normal weather? where I live we are going to get some scorching weather for at least the next seven days?
• Israel
@Marty1 Do you write down what you want to say to him? I know you mentioned you are nervous around him, so do you forget what you write down to tell him? I had to go out and some things were fine and others were not.
I did remember to write it down this time as he called me in May and I totally forgot what to tell him I won't waste this call and not tell him everything that I need to tell him! thank you for the reminder in case i forgot!
• Israel
@Marty1 You are welcome and good luck.
@Hannihar thank you so much!
I think it's a good idea that you have it all laid out for him. I think him knowing these things will make him more likely to give you the anxiety medication. I hope it also helps you! I know how much you want to cook, but aren't able to because of all the anxiety you have. Maybe you should also mention how the shot has been hurting. It could be that she could give you the shot in another area. Just tell her that the shot has been hurting the past couple of times in that area and could she give it to you in another area? I hope your day goes well for you. It is hot and humid here today too. The high is 88 degrees and the humidity is supposed to be at 60%.
i am hoping that he will take my anxiety seriously when i have notes ready to tell him exactly how I am suffering daily here. I do want to cook so badly! I am hoping it works too! I don't think they can give me the shot in any other area as it is something about the medicine or something like that. They take turns on each side of my behind. One week it is the right, the next time the left then back to the right to avoid problems. I play a game with myself and guess which side, I think i get it in my left side this week. I am wrong a lot, so the nurse puts which side she gave it to me on her computer, so we are always sure which side I will get it.
Oh I see. I understand the pain and discomfort as well. I would still tell her and maybe she can suggest a cream you can use that will help with the pain, unless the pain is only temporary. Do you have more problems sitting after the shot for awhile? If she has to put it in your behind, the only other area I could think would be in the thigh, which may be even more uncomfortable. Yes, I think he'll appreciate having the notes so he knows exactly what is going on. Maybe he'll start you out on a lower dose of anxiety medicine and see how that goes at first. You go for the shot every two weeks right? But you don't necessarily see the doctor unless you want to?@Marty1
@ScribbledAdNauseum It was better this week. I found out she gives them in my hip, but I can't see it, so I assumed she was giving it on my behind as I can't see it when I have to get the bandage off by myself at home. I usually wait until I get a bath, as it is hard to get them off otherwise. Yes, the pain is only temporary when it goes in, and while the medicine is going into me. When she takes it out of me, it no longer hurts then, and I just like to complain sometimes! yes, I do go for my shot every two weeks, I have no choice, I have to see the doctor every three months or more if the nurse thinks I need to see him.
I hope you can talk with your psychiatrist, you get too anxious about cooking and this is not normal. It is hot here, but in the average.
I will be talking to my psychiatrist for sure this afternoon at 2:20 pm, It is a little after 9:30 in the morning here, so I have a little time before he calls me. Yes, I know it is not normal, which is why I want some medicine to help me along! I have had anxiety for a long time even on medication, but on medication I was able to function better than I am now.
@Marty1 I think that you should also have scheduled meetings with a psychiatrist in addition to the medications. You need to talk to someone who can help you go over your anxiety.
@LadyDuck most of the psychiatrists I know just ask a patient how they are doing and monitor medicines. I would need a therapist, but I don't feel comfortable with any I have tried over the years. I do get a lot of help from my case manager, and also, my peer Courtney helps me even more as she has been through the same things as me, so she understands. I should talk to the doctor in about less than an hour.
@Adie04 (6330)
Today Wednesday..... Weather is hot, and I get to jog
That sounds like a good way to spend the day! Don't forget to take water with you if it is hot, as it is important to keep hydrated!
@Adie04 (6330)
@Marty1 yup, I did that. Thanks
@Lavanya15 (6067)
• Chennai, India
Good morning friend. You having busy work, hope all will finish successfully. Coming to me no. Plans today. Just spending hear.
Good morning to you, my friend, too! the injection will go okay as I forgot is had to get scheduled later today and i will have a nurse who does not hurt me as much! I don't know about my phone call from my doctor yet?
@Lavanya15 (6067)
• Chennai, India
@Marty1 oh OK. Take care of you.
So glad you have an appointment with your psychiatrist. I do hope he can prescribe some anxiety medication for you. I think that would help you with anxiety.
I do truly think that medicine will help me a lot. Courtney and I don't wish for us to be normal, but we instead hope we didn't have to struggle as much a thought we came up with during one of our talks.
I am sorry you have so much anxiety. It must be awful. It's fine but cloudy here.
My doctor gave me more of my antipsychotic for other problems the last time I saw him in person, and that was in the middle of March. He said that would help the anxiety and the anxiety has become worse since then
Good luck with the phone call, Yes, very hot here and no rain so far
thank you! I have not left the house yet but the radio promises ho weather today, but low humidity for today at least. the sun just started to shine brightly in my eyes a few minutes after being cloudy!
Good morning.Nothing here.It is cloudy and dismal with some pop up showers.
Good morning! It has been a long time since we talked! I hope all is going well for you! It is cloudy here, but we won't have rain until Saturday or Sunday and near 90 to over 90 temperatures for at least the next seven days. Guess neither of ys has the best weather!