A good month!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have not been on here as much as usual, as I feel like I must read more than anything else as I discovered I am happiest then. Though, I will get on here at least once a day. In the last few hours of the last day of the month, I have read nineteen (19) books for July! I have been reading three books at once and have been completing a half to one book a day, Some days more! It has been a long time since I read so many books in a month. Has this month been a good reading month for you, too?
@dodo19 (42216)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It has been a pretty good month for reading. I could have read a little more, but I'm still happy with what I read.
that is super! I could have done more, too, but the start of the month wasn't that good but I made up for it the last few weeks of the month!
That's a lot of books. Good for you loving to read.
I was shocked at how many books I read also. I have loved to read since I was a little girl
@Marty1 So, have I. I'll be glad when the surgery is done and I can read again.
@just4him I hope it is done soon so you can read!
@yoalldudes (23405)
19 is a lot of books to read in a month. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Are they fiction or self help.
I read one nonfiction, but no self-help, Most of the books I read were fiction. However, I would like to read at least one self-help book for August.
@yoalldudes (23405)
@Marty1 Would you consider Goodbye, Things by Fumio Sasaki.
@yoalldudes do you mean would I consider reading it? If it looks, good, sure! I am willing to read almost anything
I have not been reading much since we got home from Florida, too busy with other things.
I can understand as you probably have to do things you couldn't do when in Florida.
@Marty1 yes lots of catch up doctors appointments etc
@BelleStarr I hope you get them all done soon
@kobesbuddy (106705)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Since I started reading more, I'm doing a lot better! Writing does the same thing for me, it alleviates anxiety. 19 books in July? Girl you need an award for reading that many books
Thank you! I would have preferred more books as the girls read on several of the Youtube videos that I follow. two of them had over 30!
@kobesbuddy (106705)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 I started back reading again, Joann Fluke's book: Devils Food Cake Murder, it was her best yet!
@kobesbuddy that is super!!! I don't remember off hand what that one was about but I don't have a favorite of hers as they are all super in my opinion! what will you read next?
A pretty good reading month for me. I read more in winter than I do in summer.
I can see why since there as is so much to do outdoors in the summer. do you spend more time outdoors in the summer? the season makes no difference to me as I never go outside
@Marty1 Yes, due to all the gardens in our front and backyard, I do spend a lot of time outdoors. My sister and I are so happy when fall and winter roll around because we can read a lot more then.
@Corbin5 the good news is it is getting closer to fall every day since it is August 1 today!
Wow! That is a lot of books. I haven't counted, but I did enjoy some books this month.
I have a hard time believing it, too, But the names are all in my reading journal! I don't think I will finish a 20th book of the month by the end of tonight to make it count for July. Glad you liked some of the books you read, I liked most of the books I read.
@Marty1 I usually like every book. Read a couple this month that were not very good.
@paigea I am the same as you! I usually like each book I read. I seldom read a book that I don't like. In July I liked most of them.
It's been a long time since I've seen a post from you. I always read, but I do other things, too.
I wasn't on here for a while as I was so busy reading that I didn't have time to get online. I will be on here daily but not as long as usual. I don't think that I will finish my 20th book for the month tonight. I don't have a life, so I do have more time to read than others. Also, I only sleep two or three hours most nights
@Marty1 Sorry you still aren't getting much sleep. I haven't heard from you for months and months.
@DianneN for a while I was sleeping well because of the Benadryl. But it is not working again. it helps a bit with the anxiety though I see my psychiatrist in person again on August 12 so I will tell him then
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Good to see you. Glad the summer is going by, ready for cool air. No reading here.
It is good to see you, too! I am ready for weather in the 60s or 70s rather than the high 80s and 90s we have been having. it has been a brutal summer for the heat. summer has gone by so fast, it is six months until Christmas! Have a super day and give your cats big hugs from my cat and me!
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Marty1 That is my kind of weather, I cannot wait! Thanks, I will do that. You too.
@CarolDM mine too! we don't have any 70s weather predicted instead some low 80s which is better than what we have been having!
@Tina30219 (56303)
• Onaway, Michigan
As for the reading it is going great on book 93 right now.
I was going to ask you how many you have read for the year. You are doing great! I am sure you will go way past your goal! I have read 76 this year so far so not as good as you.
@Tina30219 (56303)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 You are doing good as well. Yeah I am sure I will beat my last year’s goal for sure
@Tina30219 I am sorry but I forgot your goal for this year, can you refresh my memory? Thank you for thinking I am doing good. I am trying my hardest! what are you reading now?
• Rupert, Idaho
Wow, that is a lot of books! Glad you like reading....but still come here too. I haven't read any books in July!!
I wanted to finish 20 books in July but went to sleep and actually slept more than a few hours for the first time in a long time so I did not finish the 20th book
• Rupert, Idaho
@Marty1 Well sleeping is important too, so glad you got some sleep.
@MommyOfEli2013 I do have some nights where I sleep and some I barely sleep at all. It depends how much sleep I get the night before I go to bed every night
@shubhu3 (35493)
• New Delhi, India
I'm glad you had a good month. Wow. Which books are you reading?
I can't go into all the books but I know I read one nonfiction book and the rest were fiction and most were great!
@shubhu3 (35493)
• New Delhi, India
@Marty1 lovely. Enjoy reading.
@shubhu3 thank you! do you like to read, too?
@RubyHawk (37874)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It’s nice that you’re enjoying your reading. I haven’t read as much lately as usual. I’ve been walking more and working word puzzles. Right now I’m reading The Husbands Secret. I only have a couple of chapters and I’ll be finished. I have a stack of books I want to read.
what kind of word puzzles do you do? I plan on bringing out some word searches so I can do them while listening To audiobooks which I plan to start today. do you like The husband's secret? who wrote it? i have rooms of books I have not read so I know how you feel!
@RubyHawk (37874)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 I did like The Husbands Secret, I've forgotten the author.I like to do word jumbles and word searches. It's something to keep from worrying and keep your mind occupied.
@RubyHawk I will look up the Husbands Secret to see who wrote it. i like word searches the best, there are quite a few different types of word puzzles in word puzzle books that I like to do, but can't remember now as it has been some time since I have done more than a word search. I may do some of a word search soon as I think I am going to listen to an audiobook sometime today
@sophie09 (20579)
Wow that is many! You must habe opened so many chapters of books and that is one of the good things
it was a great month! I don't think that I will finish the 20th but that is okay as I don't think that I have ever had this many books in a month!
@sophie09 (20579)
@Marty1 wow you are a strong reader
@sophie09 thank you! I am aiming for 20 for August since I missed that many by one book!
@Moon24 (21993)
• Serbia
July was a good month for me.
That is great! Was it a good month in how many good books that you have read?
@Moon24 (21993)
• Serbia
@Marty1 No books. It is good because i met my friends and i worked on the job. I am still working. I visited my dentist few times.
@Moon24 that sounds like a great month, too! I am glad you got to see your friends!
@edisondanila (30621)
What were these 3 books that you've read my friend?
Actually, it was 19 books this month, not three, I read a mixture of romance. mysteries and I think I read a nonfiction book.
@Marty1 You must be a very fast reader.
@edisondanila if I go a long time without reading I get slower, but it seems the more I read I can read a book quicker
I was wondering where you had been. I am just reading one book now, but as a teen I would have many books going on at the same time.
I have not been here for a while as I have been reading a lot more than normal! I just recently started reading more than one book at a time and find I like it better. what book are you reading now?
@AmbiePam That is a good point knowing more makes you fear it less. I don't think it is a weird choice to read as long as you are reading!
@cherriefic (9572)
I read different articles. I think it's better for me than reading an entire book.
that is fine as you are doing some reading! what kind of articles do you read? are hey online or in magazines or newspapers?
@Marty1 I like reading articles online where I can learn something new.
@Shiva49 (16548)
I have not been reading books but I spend a few hours a day on the net and reading newspapers. Good to know you enjoy reading books as they open many windows to this world from different angles - siva
I can tell you read a lot from online and from newspapers as you are so smart! I don't read newspapers as I try to avoid all the bad news. I love how you said book opens many windows to this world from different angles as that is a deep thought!
@Shiva49 (16548)
@Marty1 Thanks Jennifer, I am retired and now I have time to reflect on my varied experiences. I wish I had even more time but I know now it is more of utilizing what I am left with to enjoy my sunset years. I agree we are bombarded with news that are hardly uplifting. We all look back at BC (Before Covid) time when we were like free birds. Now we are the caged ones! siva
@moffittjc (87874)
• Gainesville, Florida
I used to love reading books, and I would do the same thing, spend entire days and nights getting through a good book. Oh, how I wish I had time these days to do that. Nowadays, it seems that it takes me a few weeks to get through a book!
I hope you get that amount of time soon! I slept last night and slept until 4 am so I didn't have as much time to read as much as I hoped I would be able to today. I will be reading in a little while again! What are your favorite types of books when you have time to read?