You Never Know When or How!

@UncleJoe (18921)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Have you ever heard the expression, “Life is what happens when we’re making other plans!”? The longer we live the more we understand what that means. One particular aspect of life that we can’t exactly plan out is when it will end. Nobody truly knows how and when they will die. A terminal illness can be medically predicted but that’s not the aspect I refer to. Many people die every day, unexpectedly sudden and tragic. I remember back about twenty years ago, when a suicidal pilot took off from a Central Virgina airstrip in his small plane with the intent of ending it all. It had something to do with divorce. On that same Summer Sunday afternoon, a retired minister was relaxing on a hammock in his own back yard. With no warning at all, he was killed when the suicidal pilot did a nosedive into the ground right squarely on top of him. This clip is a news report of a vacationer jogging along Hilton Head Beach, SC being hit by a small plane making a forced landing due to engine failure. In both cases, neither victim ever knew what hit them. Life is a precious commodity. Don’t waste any of it.
A 38-year-old father of two was jogging and listening to his iPod when he was hit from behind and killed by a small plane making an emergency landing on the ...
Life is very precious. It's awful when someone takes their own life.
I hate to say it but if he hadn't been listening to an iPod, he might have heard the plane.
@UncleJoe (18921)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@JudyEv I don't think so because the plane had lost it's prop and the engine wasn't running. Also, the pilot reported that oil cover the windshield so he didn't see the jogger. They just swooped down behind him.
@UncleJoe In that case, I guess the jogger's number was well and truly up.
your right there is no telling when or how or where you will meet your maker.
You are right life is very precious and we have to cherish each day as it comes. That is why I say a morning prayer and thank the Lord for another day.
@sophie09 (24822)
so so sad to hear about this
@sol_cee (23451)
Poor jogger and poor minister.
I am not wasting any minute of my life as I know how precious it is
@florelway (14280)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Life is so short. Months ago a coworker passed, though I know she's been suffering from some illness she's still young. Last week a staff in our department passed after a short battlr with a blood illness but I remember him telling us years ago he had prostate problem. His brother wanted him to be promoted of which I am opposed to because it would demoralize most if not all employees. Now he is gone.
@wolfgirl569 (32956)
• Marion, Ohio
So true that you never know.
@psanasangma (4665)
Life is really unpredictable.. we really don't know where, how and what can cause of our life to end
@LotusEyes (496)
You are right. Life is very precious. Having nothing to say about what will ever happen in next moment.
I have never understood why people take their own life/
@JimBo452020 (22805)
• Montrose, Scotland
Aye, we are here for but a short time anyway, so enjoy it,