I Love My New Boomerang

As many of you know I have been working from home since early spring. It has its ups and it has its downs. I have learned that I need to look after me to be able to find the very best equipment that I can to do my job successfully. I take calls for a living, so being able to hear the customers calling and for them to be able to hear me is paramount. Finding something with Bluetooth was a step in the right direction. I wore out my old iPhone as a result of the battery running so low so many times during the day and not getting a full charge when needed. Last week I found this boomerang type of headset, or neckset I should say. It is so ergonomic, it weighs no more then a pound, at the most, and sits on my shoulders. The speakers are on the top of the device. I can hear my customers and best of all they can hear me. I do not have to wear one of those other headsets, the larger of which weighs so much, and the Bluetooth on it was not great and failed often. I hope that the Bluetooth lasts on this device. But don't you just love the advancements for equipment needed to work from home? ~Photo is mine
@CarolDM (98585)
I am sure it makes all the difference. Glad you found it.
Thanks, it does take the stress off of wearing a heavy headset, and it was a lot less to buy, so we shall wait and see if the Bluetooth outlasts the other devices I have had.
@CarolDM (98585)
@Juliaacv Good to hear!
I sure do and was happy as can be with some updates on the car.
@stringer321 (5675)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
What kind of a service does your company give to clients ? Are you an internet provider or anything ?
I work for 1 of Canada's major banks.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Juliaacv I hope you don't have too many phone calls from clients. Clients also need to be smart and be responsible, and learn about how to use their bank account. How to do actions from the website, how to use their card, track the expanses...
@stringer321 People call in to do telephone banking as it is much safer then going out to the branches during the pandemic. And it is quick and efficient to do right from the comfort of their own home.
That's great that the boomerang works so well. Technology continues to advance at a very rapid rate. I don't suppose it will ever stop.
I used to hate electronics, but I've learned that they aren't so bad and can help me.
@Juliaacv I'm gradually having to change my mind about mobile phones - or more especially my own one.
@JudyEv I was never much for my cellphone until we moved 3 years ago. We moved too far to be able to keep our home telephone number, so we decided not to have another landline, just to use our cells. And cellphone popularity and use has really risen in the past 3 years, so I am alright with it now.
Our son bought a new headset too that seems to meet his working-at-home needs too. I am hoping this work-from-home thing continues for quite a while.
That is great. I will be able to have our accountant write off the headsets when she does our income taxes. Our son uses an earpiece headset, its small, but it can do a lot of damage to one's ear. I hope that your son has a good work from home experience. I will be here for a while, which is such a blessing.
@Juliaacv His commuting by train to and from the city of Chicago was exhausting. So much time was wasted on the commute to and from the city of Chicago. The company has found that employees are more productive working from home.
@Corbin5 I believe it. I know that I am more productive, there is less distraction, no (office) politics, no worry about coming and going on time and the list goes on. Our company even pays us a small connectivity benefit once a month.
Technology is pretty amazing.
It is amazing, and it is great that they are making items such as this so lightweight and ergonomic.
@Juliaacv we are blessed to have so many things available to us.
@Tampa_girl7 Oh I agree. I never take it for granted either. Just the ability to work from home, and the technology that is necessary to achieve that securely.
It's great that you found a good one. Cases going up fast here and my boss said that if we have to shut down again, I might be able to answer calls from home. He will pay the difference for the internet.
That is great news. I hope that you have an area that you can work comfortably from. They are going to give us special software to run the phone lines on, a soft phone. Currrently you have to either use your cellphone or your landline, the calls are routed from the virtual desk to your phone without your telephone number being disclosed. I had to replace my cellphone a few months ago because the battery wouldn't stay charged because it was always being used and never fully charged because of work.
@Juliaacv I have no idea how all this stuff works. My bosses and some co-workers when I call their home office number or even if they are somewhere else, they answer from their cell phone. I think!
@sophie09 (29329)
that looks great tho
It does not hold a charge for very long, that is the downfall that I am experiencing.
@sophie09 (29329)
@Juliaacv alright then
@db20747 (31306)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I never could figure this out, What is Bluetooth?
Its not too bad. Bluetooth is what allows you to go wirelessly with your cellphone. So, instead of using your wifi, you choose Bluetooth-make sense?
@db20747 (31306)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Juliaacv I see, thanks
It's great to find the right equipment!
It is a process of trial and error.
@Juliaacv I can imagine
sounds like a great purchase and idea!
It is so comfortable.
I do and my daughter and I were just talking about it and the new inventions that working from home has resulted in.
There seems to be a lot of inventions since the work from home movement.
I showed this to my daughter and this is exactly what she needs
Best of all it is really cheap. I ordered it from amazon I hope that she can get one and find it helpful.
Lightweight and functional seems to meet your needs. I can see why it would!
Plus it was cheap, I think that it ran me about $23.
Does the company pay for this?
Not directly they do not. We receive $100 monthly for connectivity, which should be for your internet, but you can use it towards headsets. I will submit my receipts at income tax time to see if they can put them thru. I have spent $200 in 6 months on these devices.