Have You Hugged a Cow Lately?

Louisville, Kentucky
The new "in" thing to do and new fad/trend is to hug a cow for stress relief. I'm not kidding. It seems to have originated in the Netherlands where it is known as “koe knuffelen.” According to the news stories cuddling cows is supposed to reduce stress in humans by releasing the bonding hormone oxytocin and cows were picked because of their warm body temperatures and calm demeanor. Apparently it's also soothing and calming for the cow. Who knew?!
used to 'lways 've a few out'n pasture that were quite the cuddle bunnies. ya could lay 'pon the grass'n they'd come join. 'tis very soothin' fer both. 'd a couple horses who 'njoyed such's well. i'd rather this be trendin' than many 'f the other thingies folks're doin' these days.
@xFiacre (8186)
@loriamoore Cows are wild beasts destined for the dinner plate and extremely dangerous. However I do remember a cow called Myaphemgosy and her daughter Annabel who were rather kind to me when I was a child. They still ended up on the dinner plate.
@a_jerobon (2118)
• Eldoret, Kenya
It is my first time learning about this. I will hug out cow tomorrow
@Chellezhere (1564)
My grandfather grew up on a dairy farm and took me to it, and his friend's farm periodically when I was a child. I remember petting the cows, but I can't recall if I ever hugged one.
@arunima25 (47026)
• Bangalore, India
I did it very regularly in my growing up days. My grandparents had three cows and I loved them. I agree it's a stress reliever. And that's true for any pet you have.
@FourWalls (28372)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Moooooo-ving right along to the next story. Udderly ridiculous. Okay, got the puns out of the way. I think they’ve said that about pets in general.
@id_peace (12482)
To be honest there isn’t a lot of cows to go around and that these cows will be protected by their farmer so no way we can hug the cow
@LindaOHio (49023)
I would like to hug just about any animal. That would calm me down for sure.
• Israel
@LoriAMoore I never did that, but, is hugging and kissing my cat count.
• Pamplona, Spain
Cows are almost always calm I odn´t know if the cows from here would let you hug them they are of a Spanish breed usually but ehre are dairy cows but kept inside mostly and you cannot reach the farms here easily.
@psanasangma (4902)
out here cows are not familiar with me.. I am really scared of them because of bad experience..
@wolfgirl569 (34272)
• Marion, Ohio
They can be cuddly.
@thelme55 (53305)
No, I have not. I am afraid to hug a cow. Would you try to hug a cow if you see one?
• Saudi Arabia
thanks for the information, maybe I should hug the cow too so that my stress level can decrease a little.
@patgalca (16662)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Yes, but really it would have the same affect hugging any animal.