Discussion #3,409,038

By JJ
@myklj999 (50678)
It is. Just look at the URL. Rainy morning doesn't mean I don't need to go out and wheel the trash bin out to the road. Nor does it mean His Lordship and Her Assness realize that no, they do indeed NOT want to go out. Who else remembers the old days when we could only use 3 smilies per discussion? Now you can use 143 or more if you want to I guess. But the rain is cold. And I need to take the trash bin out to the curb...or the roadside, there is no curb here. Dammit. EDIT - There's that part of the world done for today
we are going to have some of the rain from the hurricane here.This is great we had a bad drought this year.
@myklj999 (50678)
It wasn't bad here this year, we had about the right amount needed
@myklj999 were supposed to get our rain tonight and into tomorrow.
Dang, and that reminds me that I need to call to start having pick up of our trash. Thankfully the road is just a cars length from where the trash cans are kept. I hate being outside in the cold damp weather. We do need the rain though. But, I don't need to get soaked.
@myklj999 (50678)
I only have to roll the can about 30 feet but I get a few puddles in that section when it rains
@myklj999 I imagine it would be an ice rink once the colder weather comes your way too.
I do not have a curb either I just roll the can out to the edge of my yard. I was not aware that the number on the link is what number the discussion is hence there have been 3,409,038 discussions as of the post.
@myklj999 (50678)
In the ancient version the discussion URL was only numbers with no words, and you could use it to search out the first discussions on the site
@myklj999 interesting. I believe in the old mylot along the bottom of the screen it would say the number of the post out of the total number of posts. I'm not sure I'm saying that correctly but it would look like "20,000 of 46,789"
@myklj999 (50678)
@shaggin The only thing vaguely looking like that would be the interest rankings by people's names. Here's an old discussion:
Welcome to myLot! existing user? username passwordforgot your password?  discussionstoday's top discussionsdiscussions from my interestsnew discussionsrecent discussionsdiscussions i've starteddiscussions i've responded todiscussions my friends startedtoda
@kaylachan (7346)
Can't say I remember that far back, but then I don't really use smilies. Most of the time, my screen reader doesn't recognize them. Hopefully your road isn't to far from the house, If you put on something warm and run (not to fast) I think you'll be okay. My husband will be taking ours out tonight for tomorrow's pick up.
@kaylachan (7346)
@myklj999 That explains why my screen reader glosses over them, then. It doesn't know what to make of them, so it doesn't say anything. Not even "graphic".
@myklj999 (50678)
@kaylachan They had that 'rule of 3' in the pre-May 2013 version, I assume they thought it was visually more aesthetic to have just a few in a discussion. It did make me think harder about which ones to use.
@kaylachan (7346)
@myklj999 I think it was to get people to focus more on the post itself, rather than flood it with smilies. Glad they lifted the restriction, seeing now that people use them but not overly so.
Totally weird toon. I don't get it. Am I showing my age again? Too bad you don't have one of those tread dillies where you can put the can on the tread and it takes the thingy to the 'curb' for ya. Yeah yeah I know, that was on the Jetsons, not real life.
@myklj999 (50678)
Aliens discussing football
No wonder I didn't get it @myklj999
• Midland, Michigan
I don't get your edited comment. As far as the amount of posts you could be to to this amount personally if you'd kept the same name through the years,
@myklj999 (50678)
The edit was coming back in from the rain
• Midland, Michigan
@myklj999 ok. You got your trash out, into the world. Good too get that done. I have to go into the world later to do some shopping and get gas. Not looking forward to that either even though it's not raining here.
@LindaOHio (51576)
No, I haven't been here long enough to remember the smilie limit. Do you need us to build you a curb? :-)
@myklj999 (50678)
Naw, it'd just be one more thing for me to trip over
@LindaOHio (51576)
@FourWalls (29129)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You mean Scar accepts the fact that it’s raining and doesn’t ask you to open the door every 12 seconds to check to see if it has stopped???
@myklj999 (50678)
Nor does it mean His Lordship and Her Assness realize that no, they do indeed NOT want to go out. Too many negatives?
@prinzcy (8025)
I do. And I still think we do. Are we not now? We can put lots of smilies in a post?
@prinzcy (8025)
@myklj999 come across such posts today. Lot of smilies in it Things change then.
@wolfgirl569 (35298)
• Marion, Ohio
Rain here today too. The dogs are as goofy as your cats
@myklj999 (50678)
They must be pretty damn goofy then
@wolfgirl569 (35298)
• Marion, Ohio
@myklj999 The 2 biggest dobermans can be
I am looking at the URL and you are correct this is discussion # 3,409,038. I often forget to have a look at this. Cats can be annoying, they want to go out and one minute later they want to come back inside. We have a sunny day today, it's warmer than the past few days.
@myklj999 (50678)
It looks like it stopped raining but they are both napping now so I'll leave them be
@myklj999 Let them nap, cats look so cute when they sleep.
It’s rainy here too. Our garbage truck runs on Tuesday’s.
@myklj999 (50678)
Ours runs at a much more reasonable hour than it used to. A few years ago they were here at 4-5 in the morning, now they come between 7-8
@myklj999 ours comes around noon.
Good mornin. I don't think it is raining here this morning, it is still dark outside. Cold autumn rain is the worst.
@myklj999 (50678)
Hasn't stopped for the past 5 hours here and I don't know when it started because I was asleep then
@myklj999 When I watched the weather forecast they showed that large band of precipitation and it was just south of us, we have the cloud cover that was on the outer edges of that system.
@lovebuglena (23602)
• Staten Island, New York
I wonder if we can write discussions with just emojis and how easy it would be for people to understand what we are trying to say.
@myklj999 (50678)
Oh, we could but Admin would probably delete them
that'd be a whole lot 'f discussions, eh? don't reckon i've e'er paid much mind to such. cats're funny critters. resident pup dislikes bein' wet, though her sis 'd most keen to be outdoors'n such. congrats'n 'ccomplishin' that trash can thingy. here those've gotta be strapped to somethin' solid 'r they wind'p bein' air borne, landin' 'n the most 'nusual places.
@myklj999 (50678)
Technically there are a lot fewer, that's how many have been started total including what has been deleted (for whatever reasons), but it's still more than I'll ever get around to responding to.
@arunima25 (48801)
• Bangalore, India
Oh! Only three smiles... That's not fair. Glad that it's no more there. Cats have a lot of mood swings and they will make you swing between their mood... Going in and out( I used only 3)
@myklj999 (50678)
I've been known to throw a good-sized handful in occasionally, but I try to keep a rein on it
@CarolDM (102620)
The rain has finally stopped here for now.
@myklj999 (50678)
Still lots of clouds but someone shut the water off finally
@BarBaraPrz (28499)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I put out my trash yesterday but they didn't take it away and now, starting next week, they're going to every other week trash pickup. The once in a blue moon I put out a large trash bag* in stead of a little grocery bag, and they don't pick it up! Recycling will still be every week. *I was gonna call it a green garbage bag, but they haven't been green in I don't know how long. They're actually black.
@myklj999 (50678)
Most of the heavy-duty large bags I see these days are black too.
Still everyone needs water
@myklj999 (50678)
Only a half gallon a day
No rains here in Manila but there is some expected over the weekend until early next week. Some typhoon decided to change her path and hit Manila. Here's the standard three smileys JJ.
@myklj999 (50678)