Habemus Praesidentem

@sabtraversa (12749)
Italy
Well, not really. First, it hasn't been formalized yet; second, I'm not even a U.S. citizen; therefore he is NOT MY PRESIDENT! I just thought it was cool to borrow the expression the Catholic Church uses when a new Pope has been chosen. It took so long it reminded me of the time when Pope Francis was elected. Honestly, I know nothing about the candidates. I heard stuff but haven't really checked the "allegations" myself, so I'm not disappointed nor excited. I mean, who won the election? A politician? Boooring! Just kidding, of course. Stay safe, citizens.
It was almost quicker to know who was the Pope than to know who is the new American President. No other election was disgusting as this one. They are politicians, but first they are men and some men are plain disgusting.
@sabtraversa (12749)
@LadyDuck I didn't really follow it, except for some dude calling it a "fraud" I don't know what happened. I still don't think of Trump as a politician. I don't mean to say I dislike him, but it's just my feeling.
@sabtraversa Same as you, I do not follow politics, but I surely does not like this guy.
@moonandstars (46569)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
watching a video when one African-American political reporter cried about happy life from now on of him and his son, I was very moved as well when Biden was selected
@sabtraversa (12749)
@moonandstars Wow, the reporter has high expectations about Biden's work. I hope he's going to be right.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sabtraversa me too. at least, it's good that people feel safe, right?
Well, hopefully we will have fewer ridiculous tweets. I am not counting on anything yet, though.
@sabtraversa (12749)
@GardenGerty Right, it has been a while, it is not fun anymore.
@Orson_Kart (5252)
I hadn't heard of that expression before, Nice one., I know about the cardinals getting together and the black and white smoke, but that's it. Even here in the UK the presidential election has been major news. Possibly a good distraction from the coronavirus. Mainly dominated by how crazy The Donald still is. He has been comedy gold during his time in office, and I don't think anyone got killed on his orders, so no great harm done. IMO he and Biden are too old to be president. The new VP seems full of ideas so maybe she'll get her chance soon. Lovely to see you on here.
@sabtraversa (12749)
@Orson_Kart Right, Mrs Harris as VP is probably the most interesting thing overall. We already got to know "The Donald".
@lovebuglena (23627)
• Staten Island, New York
We have a projected winner (Biden) but it is not official yet.
@sabtraversa (12749)
@lovebuglena The moment where the current president leaves room for the new one seems to be far away, if the electoral college is going to vote as expected, of course.