Feeling upset after situation at work

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Good evening from my side of the world. Today, with all good manners and intentions, me and the girl that I'm taking care of in school well, we decided to visit, for my sake, a secretary office. Since the roof is still damaged and workers are fixing it, we had to go round and round through halls. Still, I took little girl with me cause, I didn't want to leave her alone when teacher didn't come yet. She sometimes comes late, the teacher. Well, coming to some part of the hall, I wasn't sure where we were going so, I asked one teacher where the secretary is. The older woman said I need to wait in front. I mean, I was stunned cause, I work there but, okay. Maybe an older teacher didn't recognise me (corona made us all apart) so, I waited or maybe their hall was in mess. Yet, if they could go, why not me. Either way, ok. Then came younger woman, the woman that I've never saw and asked me who I need. I said, I need a secretary. She kept on asking me questions, one after another, raised a voice when I didn't tell her a proper answer and, asking me questions, I asked her ones too but, no, she kept on asking. I've already said I'm a teaching assistant and that I need my paper, proving I received my paycheck. Last secretary, before this, called me but, this, nothing and she finally said she was secretary. The conversation wasn't a conversation at all. She was arrogant and I should have back down and leave but, it took me so many halls to come. I remember two times, I said to her to lower her voice cause, the child is with me and my girl protested and saw how this terrible person was behaving but this person didn't say a thing and acted like nothing happened. I was upset that I couldn't resist this attack and, in the end I said to this person how this was so unprofessional of her and my girl even said shame on you to her. It was nice of a child to support me but, if I thought I was going to meet a molesting person, I wouldn't bring the child with me. I thought we will have fun. I am sorry for putting a child through this. She already has difficultes on her own. Doubting that this person would bring me my papers for my paycheck, I said to teacher when she arrived that the voice was raised on me and that I am sorry that the girl had to hear this. I didn't go into details of my treatment but, what was so twisted was that the same woman came, called me by my first name, like she was superiror to me, apologized so fakely and said that she didn't know what was I asking for. I said you knew everything and that was it. I don't ask for much but, if I'm nice to you, be nice to me and, especially in front of the child. Did you have tough days/situations with people you met first?
@FayeHazel (34960)
I'm sorry you went through that. You know, maybe it was ok the girl was with you. She sees now how to handle a difficult situation with grace. What of this younger woman, will you have to deal with her again?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i actually saw here walking in the hall, like she was boring. her life is so stressful, i see yes, i thought of that too yet, it hit me hard. i would never raise a voice near child, even pet. ah, some people.
@FayeHazel (34960)
@moonandstars Gr. When I deal with hard people - I imagine in my mind like it's a movie - and everyone else can see that problem with that person ... it sort of helps. Sort of not. She must be really messed up - and I'm sure some people are on to her
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@FayeHazel in our special class, we are so very nice to each other yet, that's not reality but, yeah, i should listen to your advice next time and be somewhere else while i am conversing with someone like that. i heard she once worked at my/our school before and it was said she was arrogant. and, i gave her a chance, thinking that i shouldn't judge people. next time, no way
How unprofessional of that person. That was very rude behavior, and especially in front of a child. I'm glad you kept your cool.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i tried to, my voice was a little shaken. thank you.
@moonandstars My voice shakes, too, when I get upset like that.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@DianneN next time i'll walk away or something. noone is worth of our peace
@ShifaLk (18095)
Yes.. As @nomus24g said.... You should file a complaint.. And do it anonymously if can't go directly. . Any authorities???
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
not at all. it will only backfire on me. i got ovver it, i'm better but, it gets me shocked when i expect the best of people
@ShifaLk (18095)
@moonandstars aww Then what's the solution
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ShifaLk seeing her only once a month and, if i have to.
@RebeccasFarm (12839)
• Denver, Colorado
It is terrible that she gets away with this type of behavior. The child is right she should be ashamed. I am sorry I wish I were there to tell her off
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is. i mean, she was clearly heard, like me but, noone cares and, i think i will have only one year there and, that's it. and, today, i saw here walking round and round, her life is sou tough thank you friend, my rock, always
• Denver, Colorado
@moonandstars She is a hag
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@RebeccasFarm she really is. i have a temper sometimes but she simply has no manners. crows are my secret army so, she better watch out thank you
@nomus24g (36586)
is it possible to launch a complain against this person?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
not sure to whom and, if i complain, no more work for me, that's how it is. your experience?
@nomus24g (36586)
@moonandstars thats unfortunate
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@nomus24g i got over it, what else.
I would complain to someone about her. People like that are a pain to deal with.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i complained about other things and, last year, they made me choose to stay working there or not. i think this would be my last year here, whether i find something soon or not. everyone thinks that children are rude but, so many adults are and so much more. thank you for listening.
@moonandstars You are welcome..start looking now while you still have a job..and mend relationships if you can so you can get a good reference, just advice you didn't ask for..
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@snowy22315 o, i am looking since the day 1 in this school yes, i was thinking of reference, of course, thank you
@Nevena83 (55603)
• Serbia
Oh, it’s a horrible situation and that woman definitely shouldn’t be working in school.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
like many other people in school. last year, some teacher was also rude to me, over phone. i mean, get a grip, people.
@Nevena83 (55603)
• Serbia
@moonandstars It's sad what kind of people work with children.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Nevena83 it really is. i have a feeling that more than 80% had worked in prisons and not with people or children. awful
@CarolDM (102792)
Many people often do not show the kindness and respect we give. But we push on, knowing these types of people sometimes enjoy being like this, it is unfortunate.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i know but, at least some communication skills. she acted like i came for a chat. also, i am aware i am sometimes sensitive but, this was too much for a stupid piece of the paper, wasn't it?
@CarolDM (102792)
@moonandstars Too much I believe.
• Midland, Michigan
Nothing like that since I've been an adult.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am glad you didn't have to.
@nitsbubb (1127)
• Pune, India
Sometimes, when I try to deal with some Municipal or Government officers, I encountered this problem. Some people think that they are above everyone!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i guess i understand now when she introducted herslef as the chief of secretaries but, i, who doesn't care about, titles, had missed that yes, they are disgusting. they came there only through connections, nothing else
That sounds a very horrible situation for you to have to cope with, especially with a child in tow.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i felt overwhelmed later but, i had to get a grip of me. i think watching movie that day helped me a lot.
@thelme55 (56757)
An annoying person. I hope you will not deal with her arrogant again.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i saw her walking today like she is bored. so nice of her. thank you, me too.