Update on Honey, and a final rant

I understand that when we put out what is going on in our lives, we open ourselves up to other people and their opinions, advice, and their stories of how they would do it or have done it. I am aware that we all come to our decisions and understanding about any situation based on what we know or what we are told. I also take full responsibility for what I am feeling right now, and the decisions I have made in relationship to that feeling. I am not angry, nor am I ungrateful. However, I am disappointed that I am not able to share my feelings without taking the risk of judgment, however tacitly it is delivered. And, it is for that reason, I am not going to give daily updates on Honey. I never have been one that particularly appreciated someone who went on and on ad nauseum about their children or their grandchildren. I suppose I have become one of those people. There are only so many cute pictures of babies and families that one needs to see. And I have done the same with pictures of Honey, some not so great from a photographic perspective. I know in this world, when we have problems, it can become important for us to tell those stories. Often times, as we're sorting things out, it comes out as negative and woeful. Not all really want to hear about that over and over again. And, it is for that reason, I won't be sharing many of those times openly any longer. As well, I have been told over the years that my celebrating anniversaries of my military time, my diagnosis days, and some of the other things, both good and bad, if they have been shared before, they are "not necessary to relive or retell it." And, it is for that reason, I will not share many more of those. The last thing I want to be is a broken record or retelling things over and over again. I am grateful I appreciate people and their concerns, and their interest in things that go on. I am grateful for all of the people who truly support me and have let me just rant or rave on. It has been of great help to me. I appreciate those who follow the stories, knowing that the soap opera type serial often looks the same day after day. I also know that one can also turn that television off, if the story seems to be the same day after day. You can pick it up in a week or a month, and it's often exactly the same and easy to catch up. We are all like a big extended family. Like any family, we all have different personalities, wants, and needs. I suppose that I have always been one that doesn't do well within families. You see, I have my own expectations of what should or should not be. However, I do not feel it necessary to explain any longer what I mean. I am not here to convince anybody of anything; nor am I here to be anything other than who I am. It is for that reason that I am going to make some decisions to do things differently. It will be apparent how that unfolds, so I don't have to explain myself now. One last update on the situation with Honey She is doing well today. In spite of the rough night, she is alert, seems happy, does not seem to be suffering, and is being well taken care of with the medication she is on, and the decisions I make regarding her care. One year ago, I knowingly took on a senior pet. I did so with the understanding that she had a heart murmur. As people have befriended me with stage 4 cancer, I needed to do this for her. When she has her rough days, I am going to try to understand it and deal with it. I am not going to discard her, because I am unwilling to deal with the tough parts of this life. As with a puppy, we are dealing with incontinence. I did not get that luxury with her in her younger years. I get to figure out how to deal with it as she ages. That often includes wetting oneself, as one ages. (Sound familiar to some?) Making some changes I have used this platform as a way for me to simply journal about certain things on a daily basis. I won't do that anymore. At least, not as often. So, I am going to take an approach that my mother used to employ. It used to bother me, because I always felt I was out of the loop as family. Because I had left home, she didn't feel it necessary to share with me many of the things that were going on in her life or in the family's life. If I'm honest with you, it cut me to my core. ... But I finally understand what she meant. I will also adopt something I learned when I was in the military, but have put on the back burner for far too long. There really was something to the "need-to-know" basis. (My fellow veterans will know exactly what I mean.) So, from now on... "No news is good news." Enough said. Photo is my own. Honey, 18 November 2020.
@FourWalls (29161)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We (or at least I) need to know about you and Honey and RGD and everything! Don’t let the b*st*rds get you down, hon.
I Am my own worst -t*rd. ;-) and I'm willing to admit that!
@kobesbuddy (112065)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've been hammered over the head, about animal abuse!
@kobesbuddy (112065)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You are doing a beautiful job, Coral:) Regardless of what anyone else says, thinks, or does You are a remarkable dog owner I look forward to hearing your updates, about Honey and how she's doing!
I will tell all the good things and share all of the happy moments. Okay, not all but many. And I will let people know when she's gone.
@kobesbuddy (112065)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner Your updates have blessed my heart, your courage, kindness, display of love and sacrifices you've made. You are a champ!
@kobesbuddy you are kind, and I'm glad that you're my friend.
@sallypup (41492)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I find you brave for your reporting on what is going on with Honey. You know what is happening with my own Leah. I just have not had the heart to detail her breaking down. (Leah is mostly okay but certain things are telling me that she is pulling away.) Anyway, I admire you as you deal with having your doggie hospice.
And I will always share with you behind the scenes, should you ask. I know you understand. Thank you, lenore. I love you.
@kobesbuddy (112065)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner And we love you too, Coral!
And you have explained why sometimes I have nothing to write. There are things going on that I would love to have support for, but 98% of the people I know would not understand. PM me if you want to, or just go on being the strong, compassionate lady you are. The survivor, the thriver. I have cared for ill pets, and ill people. The same rules for both. I do not abandon them. Neither do you.
You can always feel safe with me. Thank you for your kind words.
I'm sorry you don't feel like sharing things anymore. I have gotten to that point on here, because of rude people, but still try to do it on facebook for those who truly care. As i only put those i really care about on there, because its a family / personal space for me. I hope you'll have lots of good news, for the no news = good news.
I got off of Facebook because of the craziness. I guess it follows me! LOL
@TheSojourner sorry to hear.
@Courtlynn things and people just change. It's one of the hardest lessons that I have had to learn in my life.
People are complaining about some of your posts? That's uncalled for; share what you want.
I'm just done. With a lot of things. I know that I am triggered by certain things. That's my issue. I get it.
I hope you are not changing what you do because of what one person said. I love all animals and I love Honey even if I have never seen her. She is a beautiful dog, I hope you will tell us at least once a week how Honey is doing. I sometimes tell about my two cats and about my only great grand daughter after six great grandsons. That is what this site is for. Take good care of sweet Honey.
No, this has been some time coming. I appreciate your very kind words and your support of me. Thank you.
@Cheyee (3216)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
I get that people have their own preference. But I don't get why do they have to be mean. You share your things, if they don't like it, just scroll down, as simple as it. Miss honey looks really pretty with her red blanket.
She has such a look on her face. I wonder what the caption could be!
@kobesbuddy (112065)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner Honey is saying, 'Mom, com'ere please! Where's that darn remote control?'
@kobesbuddy yeah, I have to pay cable bills first. All I have is my smart TV and I keep it on a news channel all the time . Lol I did happen to put on one of the animal shows the other day, and it was showing a dog trainer that has a show about rescuing and then training and placing. I keep asking her why she doesn't respond to that kind of training very well!
Coral, I like to read your posts, I like to know how Honey feels and to know how you feel and how you spend your days. If there are people who dislike, they simply need to move to another posts. Continue to write what you feel you like to write.
Thank you for the kind words. Right now, I'm just being triggered by a lot of things. As mentioned, I take full responsibility for my own feelings.
@TheSojourner I can understand very well, but do not let the troll get you down.
@LadyDuck I understand and appreciate your words.
@LindaOHio (51676)
No. I can't accept that. You have every right to share your life with us; and just ignore those that criticize you. I cannot sit here in Ohio not knowing what is going on in your life, Honey's life and RGD. Please say that you will continue to keep us updated. Hugs. Adorable photo by the way.
I will update but it's not going to be a one or two times a day
@LindaOHio (51676)
@TheSojourner OK. I can live with that. Keep up with the pictures, though. She is such a cutie.
@wolfgirl569 (35332)
• Marion, Ohio
I feel we can write what we want here and if the other person dot like what they read they should move on. I like you sharing just as I would be there for a close friend here even if they needed a shoulder every single day to make it through a tough time, But you have to decide what will work best for you. I believe I know who you are referring to. Very happy that you 2 have had a good day today. Hope tonight is the same.
You know, Eva, it's not one or another. There seems to be pervasiveness that I can no longer bear. As I said, I take full responsibility for my own triggers. That being said, I know that there has been a lot of crap "dumped" in my life, most of which I had no control over. I didn't always respond well, so I played that part in it. I am also someone who processes by going over and over it, and then some more. It isn't always productive (for me). It's probably best that I just keep sh-tuff to myself, or include those couple of people who "get me" and do it behind the scenes. Lessons are sometimes hard-learned by the hard-headed pupil.
@wolfgirl569 (35332)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I am able to skip over and ignore many in life luckily. But I had a different upbringing than you and also have a different attitude toward many things. Other people have never bothered me unless they really meant something to me. And those got there by accepting me. So normally not an issue with them. Pm me anytime you need to get something out of your system. I dont care how long it is either
I’m glad that Honey is doing better today. She is Lucky to have you as her mama
Thank you ... I appreciate you.
• Leesburg, Georgia
I am so sorry for anything someone has said that has hurt you. =( Especially during such a hard time. Right now, I feel everyone should just support each other-no matter what opinions they have. I hope I have always been supportive of you! I'm always praying and thinking of you. I think you have way more support than those that are negative though, and your photos are beautiful and special!
2h
I appreciate you so very much. Hugs
No matter what platform, it seems a lot of people are overly critical of others these days. I see a lot of anger and judgement in posts, and this is not what we are here for. I, too, have found that I don't post as much anywhere, because I don't want to deal with people who can cut a person to the bone for no reason. Honey sounds like a blessing to you, and you to her. I have enjoyed reading about her, but I certainly understand what you wrote about not posting often about her condition. It is a good thing to have such a big heart for a pet.
Thank you, marie. I think she helped me find my heart again. I'm glad for the year that we've had together so far.
I don't mind hearing about Honey at all, I think most of us like the updates as to how she is. Hope you keep us updated so we know. Hope that no one on here was rude to you although people are leaving because there are some on here who are very judgmental and full of hate. We should all be able to disagree in a nice way.
I have absolutely no problem with people disagreeing with me. I have always been one to be able to agree to disagree. I also know when to cut my losses! ;-)
@Torunn (7114)
• Norway
"No news is good news" was what I told my parents when I went interrailing. The only time I called was on the first day, we were in Copenhagen, my card didn't work and my friend had no money. After that: silence. Til I called from Sweden to say we'd be back in some hours and could they pick me up. Worked very well. However (as others have commented) I don't get why people complain about what topic other posters chose. So I think it's a shame if you want to post about Honey but feel you shouldn't/can't But I will read your posts on meat for sale and possibly comment on some, and if the mood is right, we'll sneak in a rude joke and hope nobody finds out ... I might even go wild and start a discussion myself. But not today. It's past 9PM so I can go to bed! Going to bed before 9PM is too early. 21.20 is fine.
If you do decide to go wild, tag me in it! I don't want to miss it!
@Torunn (7114)
• Norway
@TheSojourner First I'll go wild = go out. Which is quite wild right now, 'cause it's been raining so hard, the world might have been washed away
@Torunn in some ways, that sounds like a dream come true!
You do take great care of Honey and it warms my heart to hear that she is doing as well as she can be. I don't know who or what in this situation, but sometimes people just don't say the right things . . . rubs the wrong way, as they say. Share what you are comfortable in sharing - I just hope you continue to share .
I will share limited information. I will certainly keep you in the loop on the back page
@TheSojourner I am all ears for you. And please, if ever I say something that doesn't sit well with you, be frank to let me know I did that. I think we have been friends long enough that we can do that .
@much2say of course, as I know you would with me
@ptrikha_2 (27347)
I have used the "Need-to-know" many a times. Sometimes, some folks would not accept it. Yet that is fine. Whenever I read your posts, I sense a strong will and a certain resoluteness to fight adversity. Honestly, I and perhaps many other do not have that. As I have grown, I realize that one needs to accept a few things. It is great to perceive oneself as a superman but well, reality is so different. And yes, even if we put in our best efforts, fault finders would always be there. Thanks for some words that put in some courage in me. Say my big hello to Honey. "Shubh Ratri" (Good Night) from India. Or should I say Good Morning (Suprabhat), as it would be morning in your place?
I wish I were right next to you and that we weren't social distancing, as well. I would hug you for your response here. Thank you so much. You have no idea how this gently touched my heart. (it is now 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.) Sleep well, dear.
@ptrikha_2 (27347)
@TheSojourner I am still awake! Actually my system has become so that I cannot go to sleep immediately after having tea. Thanks for your kind remarks. Perhaps some day if I get enough money, I might be able to fly down to US and we can meet. And may be some other folks like Horse, even JJ etc. Let us see how and where life takes us.
@ptrikha_2 (27347)
@TheSojourner That would be a dream come true !
@CarolDM (102792)
You know I completely understand. Do what works best for you.
I know, Carol. I will always share with you, if you ask behind the scenes.
@CarolDM (102792)
@TheSojourner Thank you.
@tammys85 (23918)
• Baltimore, Maryland
I hope nobody pushed you to this, especially since they can just keep on scrolling if there's an issue. Whatever you decide to post, I'll respect and support that decision. You can share as much, or as little, as you want.
Thank you, tammy.
@tammys85 (23918)
• Baltimore, Maryland
@TheSojourner You're welcome.