Chicken legs in the pot

I should probably have pulled out the Instant Pot to try to learn how to work it, but I'm going to wait until I get some sort of manual printed out. Right now I have one half dozen chicken legs that were in my freezer that I put into a pot on the stove. I simply covered them with water, and I am cooking them slowly. I will be making chopped chicken and rice for Honey's dog food. I want to make sure that I have enough cooked to send with RGD tomorrow, when he takes Honey for a few days. He was going to come by today, but we talked this morning and agreed that it would be tomorrow. He and Honey will spend four nights together. It will give me a break, and then they will come back on Thursday morning, which is our Thanksgiving holiday. Photo credit: Pixabay
@CarolDM (103754)
The chicken will be good for her. Every now and then my cat Brendel will eat about a spoonful of chicken. The Dude only eats dry cat food.
She likes chicken and rice and carrots. Then I add the kibble and mix it so she gets all of the vitamins she needs. When she doesn't spit it out! LOL
@CarolDM (103754)
@TheSojourner That is a healthy dinner for her.
@CarolDM that's generally what I feed her. I'll also use squash and green beans, depending on what I have. Pumpkin.
Chicken legs are good to prepare a healthy home made broth and the meat for a soup.
I agree! I can also eat them if they're baked. What I don't like is the thigh
@TheSojourner I like chicken thighs they sell them deboned and without the skin here.
@LadyDuck I don't need much breaded food anymore, but that is a good preparation
@wolfgirl569 (35734)
• Marion, Ohio
You need the break to have time to rest.
I agree. If I had been her original owner, or even her second owner, I wouldn't have been jumping into the role of caregiver to a chronically sick animal, plus dealing with her quirks. It was both feet first. I feel guilty sometimes that I don't handle it well. It's probably why I didn't have but one child, as well.
@wolfgirl569 (35734)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner I am just glad you have help. You are handling it very well. Especially for having to get to know her and then see her change so quickly.
@wolfgirl569 I appreciate your saying so, Eva. Because I will take on such responsibility, I feel as if I should be able to handle it much better or without the emotional piece.
@sophie09 (32750)
i bet honey likes to eat chicken
As long as it's not labeled "dog food" she seems to like it. LOL
@sophie09 (32750)
@TheSojourner haha she doesnt like real dog food?
@sophie09 She tolerates it, when she is hungry enough, but she is very stubborn in that area.
@Alexis4U (109)
That's like the sweetest !
Thanks. I'm not sure what is the sweetest, but I thank you.
@Alexis4U (109)
@TheSojourner means it super sweet making sure honeys meals are made in advance
@Alexis4U ah! Thank you
Chicken mixed with dog food will be good for Honey. Enjoy your little break from Honey.
Thanks, Allen. She will be well-taken care of in my absence.
@TheSojourner I know she will be.
@LindaOHio (52237)
I'm glad that you will get a break but that you will all be together for Thanksgiving!
@jrlcentral (2382)
• Roxas, Philippines
Wow! Sounds like Honey will be having a feast. :D
It is a good replacement for wet dog food. No additives, no salt.
@KristenH (30517)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww. Honey's been treated well. Maybe you can see if you can find an online manual to download for your instant pot at the company's website. That meals sounds good.
I have found it online, but it is not convenient for me to go back and forth between my computer and the instant pot. I don't have a printer, so I can't do that. I am not going to go out to the FedEx office store, because right now the virus is increasing. having pre-existing conditions I don't want to put myself into that situation.
@KristenH (30517)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@TheSojourner Bummer. And going to the library isn't worth it either. I don't blame you.
@KristenH I am checking the library now to see what kinds of cookbooks they have for it. I will put a couple on hold and see if I can't Garner the information I need from them while I check these books out.