Awesome brand Laundry detergent and booster

Yesterday, Shay (@sharon6345) mentioned something that I am going to try. I just don't yet know the ratio of detergent to booster to use. I'm hoping she will read this and let me know! I went to the Dollar Tree yesterday, and I bought two bottles each of the Awesome laundry detergent in the blue bottle, and the Awesome cleaning solution in the clear bottles. For $4, I do hope this works well. It certainly is a lot cheaper than Tide pods or other detergents. (I did spend more than that on some things to send some little children I know for Christmas.) Does anyone else use the Awesome brand products from this store?
I combine my own products for laundry and make sure they are fragrance free. I am not familiar with "Awesome".
I think that the products are something that even @thehorse has talked about in the past. I just can't remember.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is it from the Dollar Tree? I get that "brand" all the time!
• Walnut Creek, California
@TheSojourner To me "Totally Awesome" is OxyClean in drag.
I only use an hypoalergenic detergent. That is the only one my dermatologist will let me use. I also use one soap and the doctor wishes I use only water.
I understand. I haven't had that become an issue yet.
@TheSojourner My skin is very delicate since I had the chemo.
@marguicha I imagine it was delicate even before the chemo. Maybe not quite as much so. You have beautiful skin
@Bensen32 (19488)
I have never heard of this brand, hope it works well for you.
I seem to remember reading that @theHorse has also used this product for something.
@Bensen32 (19488)
@TheSojourner Hopefully it is worth the time and money. would be nice if it works and you can save over Tide
@Bensen32 I have bought cheap stuff before, and it didn't work, and I've had cheap stuff before and it was fine. I guess we'll find out!
Open the blue bottle and pour in the yellow bottle till it reaches the top..shake it before use. I use a mini washer so only one cap is needed. I get a ton of suds and a clean load of wash. I use wash rags in place of toilet tissue and my white cloths are white. read up on family cloths. I never tried this on a larger machine. If I did I would just try two capfuls to see how it goes.
So you don't really put too much of the yellow bottle into the blue bottle. Just whatever it will take to add that extra booster period and that's good for the entire bottle.
@TheSojourner yes but keep in mind I use a smaller machine. This is how I plan to do it as long as I can get that blue bottle.
@sharon6345 I hope that the blue bottle that I got was the one that you were talking about
@CarolDM (103754)
We don't have Dollar Tree around, we have Dollar General.
I wonder if they have this product.
@CarolDM (103754)
@TheSojourner Not sure, I have not been lately.
No, I use Pure Haven which has no bad things in it.
I'm not familiar with that brand.
https://shop.bydesign.com/PureHaven/#/shop/from/?categoryID=95
@BelleStarr is this similar to the old amway? When they were still cleaning products?
I do not. We use Xtra, yellow tide, and gain.
Possibly not available here, but I use awesome unbranded products because I hate to pay big prices only because of their names.
Exactly. I do find some off brands being less than acceptable. I found some canned tomatoes and I'm really inexpensive price, and I bought several cans. Their quality assurance process made a batch that was not sold to the major names. There were so many skins in it, that it even bothered me. When I'm cooking myself, I rarely peel tomatoes. In the fresh form, I will often take end put my tomatoes through the vitamix, and it breaks down the skins and there's no problem. but when you put them in through the canning process, the skins get toughened up. It was horrible!
@TheSojourner I also bought canned tomatoes that had skin on and some black spots, I brought back those not yet opened for a refund. I buy in Italy a supermarket brand pasta that is a lot better than Barilla and it cost 1/3 of Barilla.
@LadyDuck what brand is the pasta? When I was in italy, one of the souvenirs that I brought back for myself was about six boxes of pasta LOL
• Israel
@TheSojourner We do not have that store here in Jerusalem. I buy Tide and it lasts a long time. I also buy fabric softener and bleach.
I think tide must be the most popular detergent.
• Israel
@TheSojourner I have no idea, but, I like it.
@LindaOHio (52237)
We use unscented laundry detergent and fabric softener. Sorry, I'm not familiar with Awesome.
Sorry, can't help but it would be good if it works well.
Going to try.
@wolfgirl569 (35734)
• Marion, Ohio
I have never used it.
I'm going to try it for a few things, after getting @TheHorse's review, too.
@KristenH (30517)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I haven't. Maybe I'll order some stuff from Dollar Tree in the near future. I usually buy the generic brand of Tide Ponds from Walmart or Target for my online deliveries.
I didn't know they made generic Tide pods
@ptrikha_2 (27489)
No "Awesome" brand here. We have brands - Surf Excel, Tide, Voom, Ezee and now also the International brand Woolite. May be one day "Awesome" can also make an entry here. Are Tide Pods some big size Liquid/Powder Detergents?
@sophie09 (32764)
that is good you found a new detergent