Remember when Trump told people NOT to mail in their votes?

By JJ
@myklj999 (50764)
THAT is exactly why you saw Biden's numbers jump. Mail-in votes could not be tabulated prior to election day. You saw Trump leap ahead because his voters went to the polls. Then you saw Biden leap ahead because they started counting the mail-in votes. Pretty damned simple. But no, some people just can't see logic...
@Fleura (11411)
What I don't understand is, why don't they count all the votes, and THEN announce the result?
@myklj999 (50764)
People like betting on races...races aren't fun unless you see the action...I dunno, I'm just woolgathering
@Fleura (11411)
@myklj999 It seems especially wrong (to me) to announce interim results while the voting is actually still in progress. I don't see how this can fail to influence the outcome, either by people thinking that one candidate is so far ahead there is no point bothering to go and vote for any other, or when the results seem close, people might rush out and vote when they otherwise would not have bothered.
@myklj999 (50764)
@Fleura I just know I'm gonna vote win or lose
@wolfgirl569 (35398)
• Marion, Ohio
And that was being announced ahead of time that it would be the case
@myklj999 (50764)
Yep. What happened is precisely what was predicted to happen...all the way around.
It is amazing the mental gymnastics that some of these people are doing
@kobesbuddy (112134)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa And their brain has more muscle than their legs&arms!
@BarBaraPrz (28555)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, simple, but so are too many of the electorate.
@GooglePlus (2568)
USA voting is online
@kobesbuddy (112134)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Trump is still recuperating in the 'mental hospital' he built, next to his Floridian golf course
@FourWalls (29184)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, I think there were irregularities. And yes, I think there has been cheating (like when Al Franken got a recount and “lost” ballots magically appeared, and every last one of them was a vote for him [statistically impossible]). Do I think there was such massive fraud that it cost Trump the election? As his own man said, “This was the most secure election in history.” (And Trump promptly fired him for saying it.) My concern is that this isn’t over. I see Trump trying to influence, if not downright buy, Electoral College votes. And I guess I shouldn’t say this on the internet, lest someone read it and get the idea to him, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him try to suspend the transition by calling a “national state of emergency” over COVID. (You know, the same guy who told us in March that “15 days will stop the spread”....) Trump needs to realize that the GOP needs Georgia, and he’s not helping their cause one dang bit.
@myklj999 (50764)
I've wondered if he'd try the 'National Emergency' move myself.
There are many that can't see the logic it seems and twice as many that don't WANT to see the logic.
@LindaOHio (51711)
Exactly. People did what Trump wanted them to do.
YES! I remember when he said not to mail in votes. The system here is "first you count the votes (ALL), then you announce the winner".