Richer by a penny, and more thoughts

I have taken a bit of a break online. I am not completely gone, but have realized just how troubling all of the news has been to me, whether print, broadcast, or social media journalism, as well as the unending argument from all people with an opinion on this, that, or the other. (I do not read or listen to only one-sided media or argument.) That being said, I also do not want to get so angry at people from both sides of political lines who refuse to listen in order to seek to understand. No one owes another, but one cannot expect another will be open to ideas, if there seems to be constant attack. As well, the holier-than-thou approach doesn't sit well with me either, any more than the paternalistic approach shown to me by some. I do not appreciate those who make the assumption I do not read, think, or research issues. I think it best to avoid anything other than the most pedestrian of topics. It really is a shame it must be that way. I will try and come around every few days. Thank goodness I can still post about food, although I have already offended some recently for being "disgusting for eating pigs." I swear that I can't win for losing lately. But I did win today, when I found this shiny penny. Photo is my own.
I skip all posts talking politics now, I also avoid to type comments that can attract political comments. I am fine with posts about food, everyday life, animals, happy or unhappy things happening... but PERSONAL, I am tired of people fighting.
Like my parents were teaching us: no political and religion talks
@marlina This is what my father repeated all the time, I also avoid religious posts and I am embarrassed when people ask to "pray for them".
@kaylachan (10678)
You can't please everyone, and need to take what people say with a grain of salt. It's too bad if some people are easily offended.
l
@sallypup (42467)
• Moses Lake, Washington
It feels good that I've run into you again. Guess I could get off my rump and call you.
I just got Honey back yesterday. It will be this weekend, and I will send her off again for a couple of days.
@sallypup (42467)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheSojourner God bless you as you walk this sorrowful path. I'm listening to Leah snore as I type. She sounds congested.
@sallypup Hugs to you, Lenore. I know that you understand it all. I've been thinking of all of you these past couple of days.
@wolfgirl569 (35215)
• Marion, Ohio
I love pigs. They make the best bacon I was afraid you might have some trouble dealing with this online. But you are getting better at it.
I used to like beef bacon, but haven't had it in forever. I love pigs, too. It's becoming my meat of choice lately.
@wolfgirl569 (35215)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner It is very good. And they have less fat than it used to
@wolfgirl569 I found a product sold in the commissary recently (not sure how long they will carry) that is called "ham chips." It's smoked ham meat, very little fat, and it's like raw smoked meat, as in bacon, but small chunks. It's what I used last night when I made my 15-bean soup.
@Dena91 (10125)
It is a shame we can no longer agree to disagree and still remain respectful to one another. My family is all over the place politically yet when I was growing up and listen to the adults talk, they did just that talked. Listened. Laughed and loved. You were attacked for eating pork, wow.....no words. I guess I would be too as we had bacon on Sunday. And ribs last week. Yum.
@Dena91 I love ribs and bacon and had them last week.
@Dena91 It's all become so crazy.
@LindaOHio (55383)
You can't please everyone. Take a break; but don't forget about us! Hugs.
I will get back from time to time. :-) Especially when sharing my onion recipes. ;=)
@LindaOHio (55383)
@TheSojourner You are so mean!
@LindaOHio Nah, you just set it up. I cannot let the opportunity pass by. We should take our comedy show on the road and make some money. ;-)
@noni1959 (7297)
So many expect others to have their opinions and attack when they don't. It's become horrible now. I've slowed on media and scroll by the political.
I'm drawn to political, but rarely find others who want to discuss, but rather....proselytize
@prinzcy (13821)
Why would anyone be offended? I don't and can't eat pig, but I hold nothing against you for eating them. My religion is my religion. Yours is yours. Respect each other belief is very important.
She was offended and disgusted. Some will always be that way, just to try to convince someone else about how wrong it is, and to elevate their own beliefs. Respect is absolutely important. It gives us all opportunity to learn.
@CarolDM (109756)
I skip the politics here. And have plenty of other things to post about, no matter what anybody thinks. Food, birds, sunsets, many things are left to talk about.
I do enjoy good, thoughtful discourse, but not much anymore.
Gosh, we eat a lot of pork! I'd better not mention it or I'll be 'disgusting' too.
*laugh* Ah, you swine lover, you!
I love eating meat from cows and pigs and chicken to. You like what you like and don't like what you don't like. And it is only your business what you eat or do not eat. There I made no sense. But I am glad you found a penny.
And I like eating those little fishies, too....;-)