Greetings From Mississippi

Greetings to all of my Mylot friends. Monday we had snow. We had about two inches and maybe a little more in certain areas of the yard. Most of it has melted. Today we are having harsh winter weather. We have heavy sleet that is steadily coming down. Thank goodness we have no where we need to go. Yesterday was an off day. We had a grocery curbside pickup and neither of our vehicles would start. Our truck is a 1995 Ford and this occasionally happens, but our car is a much newer 2018 and we were surprised to find it dead. We were late for our pickup , but my husband got our car going. Then last night my washer decided not to empty and drain water. Once again my husband got it resolved, but it took awhile. It’s a fairly new washer....a few years old. I don’t need anymore days like that one. How are you all doing ?
I'm just living the dream
Nice
Really?
I am sure your cars did not start because of the cold, batteries hate the cold... I wonder what's going to happen in cold countries when they will oblige to have electric cars.
@Fleura (13035)
I think they have to have a little electric pre-warming device!
@Fleura Electric cars have a serious problem in cold country, the time of one charge is also reduced by 40% and they have poor performance during the coldest days.
@Fleura (13035)
@LadyDuck It is a problem, I wonder what they will do? In the really cold parts of the world (like Siberia), even diesel engines won't start or run properly because the diesel becomes too thick so they have to keep them running all the time.
Doing pretty well thanks. No complaints. Lucky you got your mechanical issues resolved. Everything is working here at the moment but the dishwasher is a pain in the butt.
My dishwasher broke so long ago I can’t remember when. I just do them by hand, but may get a new dishwasher one day.
@Tampa_girl7 I have had repair guys out here a couple of times. IT never seems to work that great even after they have left..
@Fleura (13035)
@Tampa_girl7 I dislike dishwashers. We have one here that was here when we moved in but we've only used it 3 or 4 times in 4 years.
Too much snow is a mess. I hope you don't face any more issues with your truck and washer
The washer is doing fine today. We haven’t tried the vehicles.
That’s crazy both your cars wouldn’t start especially with one being a 2018. Was the temperature really low so it may have zapped the batteries strength? I’m glad your husband was able to get the car and dishwasher running. Sounds like a very frustrating day!
We do think it got too cold.
@LindaOHio (55383)
Sorry you had a bad day. I am doing OK. Nothing going on here.
Glad that you are doing okay
It's really cold here but thankfully no snow or sleet. Sorry that you had to deal with cars that wouldn't start and a washing machine that decided to act up. At least your hubby was able to get both things fixed. Nothing new happening here except my daughter got a new job and that's exciting.
Congratulations to your daughter.
@JimBo452020 (33508)
• Montrose, Scotland
We had a problem just like you had with the washer. I fixed it. I was surprised I managed to work out how to fix it. Was it just the battery flat on the car or was it something else? One day last.week neither of my bikes would start. 2 flat batteries I think the alarms.were.responsible.so.I disarmed them.and both bikes have been fine since. It's been cold here. Snow was forecast. Weather warnings the lot. But thankfully we haven't seen any of it and I hope it stays that way. Even the snow doesn't want to come here. I wish Covid didn't want to come here. How am I doing. Bored out of my mind to be honest. Too cold for the garden Lockdown with nowhere open except food stores and nothing else to do As.well.as.a.travel ban which means it's risky even going out on one of the bikes. I don't want the sturdy custodians of law and order stopping me and giving me a fine because they don't seem my journey.essential. But motorbikes need to be run a lot which presents me with a dilemma. Tomorrow, motorbike run.
Hopefully our streaks of bad luck are over. Yes, it seemed to be battery issues.
@JimBo452020 (33508)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Tampa_girl7 Aye, keep them on a trickle charge
@Babale (1319)
• Semarang, Indonesia
In my entire life I had never seen or handled snow directly. How does it feel?
Cold
I'm glad you got snow. I know you wanted some. I'm sorry your cars wouldn't work or your washing machine. I'm glad both are fixed.
Yes, it was a joy to get some.
I had no idea that snow could reach your area. Its the same old same old here for us, nothing new or terribly exciting.
Yes, Mississippi gets it sometimes. We got 6 inches back in 1997.
I hope all is better now
Much
Bummer, trouble always happens at the wrong times. I hope things get a lot better for you. That picture is beautiful but I'm glad we didn't get any.
Today was definitely less stressful.
Sometimes it just does not rain but pour - troubles I mean
Yes, sometimes that’s what happens.
@RebeccasFarm (20028)
• Denver, Colorado
Astoundingly beautiful that photo Marie. I love to see your land there. What was wrong with the 2018 car? Doing blah today thanks
I guess the car got too cold. He charged the battery.
@LowRiderX (22406)
• Serbia
@Tampa_girl7 Greetings Marie!! Oh you have a lot of snow, nice !! Tonight is the New Year's Eve here in Serbia Serbia is an Orthodox country and that is according to the Julian calendar. I'm home with my family, we're just getting ready for New Year's Eve dinner
Sorry for your bad day but happy that your husband could fix things,
The cold is bad for batteries unless they are fully charged. Hubs and I go for drives to keep our sports car alive and it's kept in the garage. Glad your hubby is so handy. All is fine here.
@CarolDM (109756)
Oh wow, look at all that snow. We had one day of a light snow. Glad you could get curbside pickup. Stay safe.
@thelme55 (60581)
What a beautiful photo! I am fine but the weather is not. Have a nice Wednesday.