Lunchtime!

After having a bolillo (Mexican white bread roll) and coffee for breakfast this morning (Thursday), I wanted something a bit heartier for lunch. Browning up some ground turkey with garlic, I added some of the precooked Portobello mushrooms I made the other day, as well as a good amount of broccoli florets, and some seasoning. It hit the spot! What did you have for lunch or dinner today? Photo is my own.
@JimBo452020 (41709)
• Montrose, Scotland
As I sit and type this out I can sense that our Dinner is very close to being served. I will not divulge what it is here as I will post about it. It involves Chicken. Your lunch sounds very good.
Quick and easy. Not you. Lunch. ;-) Enjoy your dinner.
@ptrikha_2 (29474)
@JimBo452020 I will spy on you and find about your dinner !! It cannot be Tandoori Chicken I suppose !
@ptrikha_2 (29474)
@JimBo452020 Tandoori Butter Chicken is very popular in many places in England. Not so sure about Scotland. Also, in some restaurants in Southern Restaurants I tasted sweet Matar-Paneer(Peas-Cottage Cheese)which is normally salty in India. And of course Nan Bread!
That sounds good, but of course I'd want it on rice . I didn't have a real lunch . . . teeny leftover simple salad from last night, my son's last gyoza from his lunch that he didn't eat, sourdough toast with peanut butter, and some tea.
I was too lazy to cook some rice, so I just ate that. Beside, I had a whole bolillo for breakfast! LOL
@TheSojourner Gotta balance those high carbs, right? I love rice, but I love a fresh bolillo too !!
@much2say I just went to a grocery store that I've never been to before. It had so many Hispanic ingredients I felt like I was in heaven
@kaylachan (13615)
A mac and chease bowl, but thinking about a bowl of cerial o something.
I haven't made mac'n'cheese for a long while. I should think about it. I have plenty cheddar to make a cheese sauce.
@kaylachan (13615)
That's gret. I tend to be lazy around lunchtime depending on my energy level and let the microwave do the work.@TheSojourner
@kaylachan I understand.
@ptrikha_2 (29474)
I had a kind of Brunch today. Three bread pieces with a gravy of mixed vegetables (The Bhaji of the Pav Bhaji!). No dinner plans as yet as I am in a bit of travel today.
Safe travels to you.
@ptrikha_2 (29474)
@TheSojourner Yes people are wearing masks but at times the distance bit is compromised. Hard to maintain that even with a large police and special forces strength in India !!
@ptrikha_2 (29474)
@TheSojourner The law agencies seemed to have got tired. They seem to step in when things go out of hand and then sometimes the famous Indian "stickwork" or "lathicharge" (Lathi is Hindi for a long stick) follows !!
@wolfgirl569 (36770)
• Marion, Ohio
That sounds good. We had hamburger gravy over biscuits and scrambled eggs for dinner.
That sounds good.
@wolfgirl569 (36770)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner It was tooo good
@prinzcy (18500)
I just had chicken soup. Add lime and chili to add the sour and spicy taste.
Sounds delicious!
I haven't eaten anything yet today. My stomach is very upset.
I hope you are okay. *concerned look*
@Bubba90 (718)
I was eating potato soup Extra spicy, I love spicy food.
Potato soup is good and so is spicy!
@Bubba90 (718)
@TheSojourner yes I'm crazy with spicy food, if you never eat spicy food, don't try to eat spicy food, because you will be in the toilet all day
I just had toast with jelly and a banana. That was at 4:30 this morning so going to have a hard-boiled egg in a minute! not sure what lunch will be. For dinner, I think I will have a big salad and add some shredded chicken!
Sounds like a great plan!
• Walnut Creek, California
Sounds good! Especially with garlic involved. I'm going to have a Casper's hot dog on my way to hiking with a friend.
Enjoy!
@LindaOHio (58506)
I had yogurt.
Thank you for the reminder. I need to get to Costco and get some plain yogurt.
I will buy some ground turkey soon and try and see if I like it
I bought the 85% Lean. I prefer that with the ground turkey