Saturday night

I met RGD today. He had to come to my county to pick up something he had ordered this afternoon. I met him for coffee at the Starbucks and we sat in the car having our black coffee. We talked about how weird it was doing that and Honey not being in the car with us. It's still very raw for us both. We also talked about the animals I have found online and the potential issues the animals would have. We both agree that we will take on certain animals, and agreed upon the guidelines we are looking. I will write letters to both Honey's veterinarian, and her groomer, both of whom knowing the type of owners we were. I'm sure that we could get good recommendations from each. As well, we are going to let them know we are looking, as they may both know or hear of someone who needs to find a home for their furbabies. All we can do is put the intent out there. I did very little else today. I doubt that tonight I will be productive. In fact, I will try to hit the hay early tonight. I do not feel like I got much rest last night. I hope you all had a good Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Photo is my own, from last summer.
@CarolDM (117022)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Sweet Honey. So glad you have RGD that understands your feelings.
I have known him longer than I have known most other people in my life, meeting in 1981, though I couldn't stand him. LOL And later, we married, and then later after that we split up, but we are friends now. It's nice to have someone to count on. I do wish that it would have been the kind of marriage I wanted. But I am glad we finally made it to friends.
@CarolDM (117022)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@TheSojourner Amazing how that works sometimes. But it is rare. Lucky to have each other.
@CarolDM I agree. No one else would put up with either of us, I'm sure.
@wolfgirl569 (36452)
• Marion, Ohio
That is a good idea to let them know you are looking. Hope you got some sleep
So far, all that I have responded to don't respond. I did get a response finally from the one who said it was available and never got back to me re: the dappled dachshund beagle mix. "She has home now." Of course, she never got back to me when I responded immediately. I guess it was the wrong animal for me.
@wolfgirl569 (36452)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Where have you been looking from? If only craigslist a lot on there I dont trust. Might be worth doing fb for a little bit just to access some pet groups in your area.
@wolfgirl569 I'm going to have to start a whole new Facebook account because I don't remember anything about how I logged in or which emails
I am glad that you can discuss with RGD about Honey and about having another fur baby. I wish you can find an animal to love and that will love you back. Honey loved to warm up in the sun.
We are not actively looking per se, but are open. We will always need to co-parent in our situation. It's good that we can.
@TheSojourner I agree that it's good that you can co-parent. I know how much RGD helped when Honey was not well and you needed to rest.
@LadyDuck yes. It worked out well for the three of us.
It's good that RGD is there for you - well you are both there for each other. When "the universe" does it's thing, that lucky furbaby will come along. Hope you got some good sleep over the weekend!
We aren't going to talk about sleep. LOL
@TheSojourner No problem because I "don't got none" either .
@Blondie2222 (27431)
Well I'm glad you were able to meet and have that little chit chat. I would have pets here but I fear if I got one it would tear the house since I am never home due to working during the week and I don't have family that lives close by to help out. But good luck and hope you find something soon.
Thank you.
@Blondie2222 (27431)
@TheSojourner your welcome.
@LindaOHio (58184)
I'm glad you and RGD are still pursuing getting a fur baby. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
Not really pursuing actively, but putting it out there. You, as well, re: the Sunday.
@LindaOHio (58184)
@erictsuma (6330)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Yes it was very good . Have a good night.
Thanks. You, as well.
@erictsuma (6330)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@AliCanary (2300)
Hey Love, I got your letter today and I was so sad to hear about the passing of Honey. I know you hadn't ever planned on her, but clearly she blessed your life as you did hers. I am really glad to hear that you are open to adopting again and to be a blessing to another sweet furchild. I'm sorry I haven't been around much and missed your posts. Thank you so much for the sweet gift of the mobile - I put it together right away and have it hanging in my studio, where it makes me think of you and smile :)
Glad it arrived. Hugs. I need to get a studio created. I've missed delving into my creative side in this past year.
@crossbones27 (36310)
• Redlands, California
Lots of great dogs out there ready for a good home. I do hope they find something for your specifications. I think I could find you one in five minutes but the good thing is people become so educated that its actually getting hard to find dogs that are not bred if you know what I mean. That is a good thing. Actually not sure how you like pit Bulls, but maybe to far but Like the pit bull bull and parolees show. People from around the country drive just to get a a cool pit bull. Then there was another but these actual wolf dogs out of northern California. I was like I want one of those.
Will not have a pit bull. Not allowed on the bases. Plus, a bit larger than I am looking for.
@yoalldudes (28424)
Seeing how you guys loved your pets makes me fond of our own Milktea. He is very smart and sweet. The pet you will adopt will be lucky to have you.
I appreciate your kind words.
@kaylachan (13359)
Take things one day at a time. Be sure to put yourself, first. Glad you guys had a chance to talk and collectively grieve for your loss. I am happy for you both. While I understand how raw the loss still is, I am happy you were able to take this healing step forward. And, you want to take on another special needs animal. Or, just another animal in general.
Thanks. You are kind, Kayla.