My Heart is SO Happy

As many of you know this lockdown has prevented our family from gathering together. It has prevented many families from gathering. We last gathered in early October, just before Thanksgiving. Today, keeping with the provincial guidelines, we went out to our son's place for a visit. We went this morning, and brought a baked omelette which was reheated and nibbled on as we had coffee and tea. At one point, their dog, Ellie, hopped up on a dining room chair and sat at it like a person at the table. We all laughed so hard at her. Obviously she's done that before, and then they told us that they put her dish on the table on Christmas Day, and she ate there. We had such a fun visit. Our son laughed until he had tears rolling down his face. Even my hubby remarked to me after we got back home again that it was just such a nice visit. My heart is so happy right now. ~Photo is mine of Ellie
@JimBo452020 (41048)
• Montrose, Scotland
What sort of rules.did you have to follow? Were you allowed to hug and kiss? Did you have to wear masks I see you were allowed indoors How many people are permitted by law to gather? We can't do any of that.
So, no hugging/kissing, we did not have to wear a mask within their home. We are allowed to have gatherings of no more then 5 people. We were 5, so no breaking the laws. I'm sorry that you still cannot do any of this, I hope that your day comes soon. This is such a difficult time.
@JimBo452020 (41048)
• Montrose, Scotland
@Juliaacv I stopped caring. Got used to it now. It won't affect us as we don't do family. But for those who do this is horrible.
@JimBo452020 Our son is a Mumma's boy and he has been missing me terribly.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
That is all so nice to have with your loved ones.
Thanks Sharron, it was such a special time.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
@Juliaacv you deserve it.
@sharon6345 You're such a sweetheart.
@CarolDM (117008)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Ellie makes my day every time I see her. So happy you had a wonderful visit.
Thanks, we had alot of fun together. Ellie was the first one to come out to greet us when we arrived. She was so happy.
@CarolDM (117008)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@rakski (79719)
I'm very happy for you,!!
Thank you, it was so nice.
@rakski (79719)
@Juliaacv glad to know that
I’m so happy for you I know how much you missed them.
Thanks, we were all so happy to spend a couple of hours together.
I hoped you would have let us know about your visit. I am so happy you had such a wonderful day.
Thank you Anna, it was just a really nice visit. Nothing fancy or anything, just alot of laughs and chatting during our time together.
@Juliaacv This is exactly what you needed, stay together, chat and be happy.
@LadyDuck Our daughter-in-law was so happy with the Christmas gifts that we brought to them both. She had the suede moccasins on as soon as she took them out of the box and told me that she'd be reading 1 of the books that we gave to her before she went to bed that night.
So nice to read what a great time you had together. And just look at dear Ellie - still looking like a mop, or maybe a rug would be a better description.
I suggested to them that it is rather easy to bathe her, yet they told me that she never completely dries and she would like to go outside. I think that is them not her. You should have seen her hop up on the chair and sit at the table, she made me laugh so hard.
@Juliaacv She would have looked so cute sitting up at the table. Have you seen this? There are a few that are similar.
http://freshpet.comWatch the Behind the Scenes video here to see how we did it!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBWYqJv1DYWe are on a mission – to bring the ...
@JudyEv That is hilarious, I just sent it to our son. Minus the glasses and the clothing, and of course the hands, Ellie would have fit in just fine.
@LowRiderX (23514)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv I had no doubt that you would not have a good time, I am glad you had a lot of laughter. Amazing how much things have changed since October so far, I can only imagine how funny it was when Ellie climbed into a chair
Ellie is a humog, 49% human and 51% dog. And she was so agile and graceful about hopping up into the chair. Today their area goes into the red zone so no gatherings from members of other households.
@LowRiderX (23514)
• Serbia
@Juliaacv Ahaha so she behaves like a half-man. Oh was it introduced today or did you know a few days ago that their area goes into red zone?
@LowRiderX She is such a silly dog. They cannot say the word 'hike' or 'walk' or she's at the door waiting for you to take her out. Now they tell us that they cannot even spell it, she knows. Today their area goes from orange status to red status. The outbreak is contained to a jail in their county as well as a hospital, but they are still cases within their community. They do not have a very large population in that area, it is a lake community-so nice and peaceful.
@kaylachan (13352)
I'm glad to hear that you've had a good visit. It sounds like you had a good time.
Thank you, we all feel so happy after this visit.
@kaylachan (13352)
I can imagine you would. I'm happy for you, too. @Juliaacv
@prinzcy (18094)
That's very good to hear. Must be nice to be able to meet like that.
We were very thankful that we were able to gather together, its just been so long, and today their county enters into the red zone, so no visits now.
So glad you were able to get together...mine said Hi on the phone.... When is this Covid saga ever gonna end?
We were all so pleasantly happy yesterday. This week when they go to Costco (we do not have a membership) they will pick something up for us and drop it off, but we will need to go out to get it from them.
@1creekgirl (24161)
I'm so happy for you! You all really needed that.
Thank you, we were only there for a couple of hours but we all felt so happy afterwards.
That is wonderful!
Thanks, it was alot of fun.
I'm so happy you were able to have such a nice visit today. I can imagine how happy your heart is and I bet you're smiling from ear to ear. Awww I missed seeing pictures of Ellie. Bet she was over the moon seeing you today.
Thank you, we are all feeling so happy and satisfied. And Ellie is such a little ham, we had a few laughs over her antics today. She came out to greet us when we pulled up. The have a fenced in yard complete with a gate, so she was one 1 side of the gate and we on the other until her Daddy came to let us in. I was too afraid to open the gate for fear of her jumping past me. She has really settled down since we last saw her. I do not know if its the size and layout of this home or if its her age. It was nice to see that she stopped running in the house.
@thelme55 (63789)
I am happy for you that you have a great time family bonding.
Thank you, we are all happy now, smiles all of the way around which will warm our hearts for days and weeks to come.
And I am happy for you too, I'm so pleased it went so well.
Thank you, we all feel happy now, even sweet Ellie.
So happy that your heart is so happy, you all needed that!
Yes thank you, so badly needed.
@macayada (1241)
Sharing fun and laughters with loved ones is wonderful. One happy family is a good picture to be captured.
We gained alot of endorphins with the laughter that we shared today.