Real Life and MyLot

Los Angeles, California
Sometimes the things I happen upon in real life remind me of stuff I see on myLot. (and vice versa of course). The other day we took a family walk around the neighborhood. We passed by a house where a woman was gardening out in her front yard - so we gave her a friendly hello. Through her front door, we heard a big WOOF WOOF WOOF! The woman yelled "Stop it, Yogi!". I burst out laughing. I pictured a huge bearded dragon (lizard) barking at us from behind that front door screen. Why? Because the other day @DianneN wrote about her grandson getting a bearded dragon for his birthday - and it was named Yogi . Ok, maybe you had to be there . Do you see or hear things in real life that remind you of posts or friends from myLot?
Thanks for the mention! Beware if my grandson’s bearded dragon comes to the front door. When I ski, I think of you getting sick and not being able to ski.
I didn't think you'd get to this so quickly - but glad you did . I was seriously laughing my head off ! Oh my gosh. Well please ski for the both of us and enjoy . . . I can't even remember half that trip as I was on the sides just not really there. We keep talking about making up for that trip - maybe next year?
@much2say I happened to be here when you popped up. Don't count on it happening too much in the future That was a funny coincidence! At first, I thought my grandson told me its name was Yodi If you need any skiwear, give me a shout. I hope to be hanging at the pool next winter.
@DaddyEvil (34564)
Yup! And then tell Pretty so we both start laughing! I was just talking with someone on here about her having a crush on John Schneider way back when, so I asked Pretty if she knew who that was... She yelled, "Oh, Duke's of Hazard, Bo Duke!" I started laughing and then had to tell her why I asked. It was funny!
Any way to share laughter is a good thing ! I am surprised Pretty would even know who John Schneider was or even Dukes of Hazzard! Isn't that well before her time? I mean "I" had a crush on John Scheinider .
@DaddyEvil (34564)
@much2say Yes, but I have the entire set of tv shows on DVD, If you don't tell a kid the person their watching is old, how are they going to know?
@DaddyEvil Omg that is hysterical ! It's funny because we have always told the kids when certain shows we show them were made . . . but so much that sometimes when they see modern shows, they think they're all old shows. They ask "Is that actor still alive" .
@sol_cee (26433)
Yes! We drove by a huge lettuce nursery and I remember @sunrisefan ‘s crunchy looking lettuce
@sunrisefan (27510)
@sol_cee Oh my gosh - YES! @sunrisefan 's harvest looks so perfect, doesn't it?
@sunrisefan (27510)
@much2say Hehehe thanks!
@thelme55 (64470)
You made me laugh. Sometimes, what I read on Mylot reminded me of the things that I have forgotten already. Mostly funny things.
Yes, that too! I love the funny things . . . I do enjoy having a good laugh with good friends here .
@myklj999 (54441)
I had a bearded dragon but he burned his beard off because he was playing with his fire
Oh man, that's a harsh way to shave !
It is hilarious! The dog happens to be called yogi too. You have good memory. I have read that post from @DianneN ,but the bearded lizard'name has escaped me.
Now you know!
@changjiangzhibin89 It was not too long ago that we saw Dianne's post, so it was still fresh in my mind. There is also an old cartoon character named Yogi the Bear. He was a silly bear that like to steal picnic baskets from campers. I wonder if that dog and @DianneN 's grandlizard was named after him .
We are at home most of the time from almost one year, nothing comes to my mind right now.
You know that cooking foods often remind me of you . . . oh and Lindt chocolate too !
@much2say Thank you, I just had a piece of Lindt chocolate, but it was too small and I think that I need another one.
@LadyDuck I say have the whole bar !
Chucks, I don't get out much so I haven't yet.
I know when I see Old El Paso (the brand) I think of a certain special friend here (but ignore the "old" part ). And dogs, and cats, and so many other things .
Awww, that's sweet. You're much more creative than I am @much2say but I always look for you when I log into Mylot along with a few others that I like to keep up with here.
@rebelann Thank you!! Love you lots @rebelann !
@JimBo452020 (42616)
• Montrose, Scotland
Nah I will pass on this. I refer you to a post I did about whether we believe everything we read on here or not.
Well I assure you, you can believe this one, it really did happen ! I will tell you that everything I write here is true . . . I have no need to lie here. Most times .
@JimBo452020 (42616)
• Montrose, Scotland
@much2say Lol Some one is either taking the piss Or a total numpty I am undecided which
@JimBo452020 I had to look those terms up .
@moonandstars (46928)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
very much often but, that's because we are real people
Yes we are . . . thank goodness we are not cartoons .
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@much2say right, though, it would be fun too
@moonandstars My daughter says that . . . she says she dreams in cartoon, so she knows what it's like .
@topffer (41862)
• France
Long ago in real life, I remember an old ethnologist who had his desk behind the desk of a switchboard operator, not the most refined operator but she passed the entrance examination, and when you are a public servant in France it is for life. After a couple of years she had learned to tell "Ministry of Culture, hello" instead of "The Culture, hello", and when she was not polishing her nails or preparing her lunch, the caller could expect to get the person called after she had done her bearded dragon job of filtering calls. However, from the beginning to the end of her day, she was also chatting with other switchboard operators in other ministries, and the ethnologist was knowing everything about her life. He had a small notebook dedicated to her language which was full of interesting expressions, and I believe that a dialogue writer would have paid gold for this notebook. Each time I hear a new interesting expression, I cannot not smile and think at this switchboard operator and at the notebook. Last week in a supermarket I heard a saleswoman telling to a colleague about a chief : "You don't argue with a wheelbarrow, you push it". Yes, a wheelbarrow is so stupid... Let it howl and move on.
That's too funny ! I know these kinds of things would be of interest to an ethnologist, but I am thinking he did this as a side thing to pass the time away during his job ? To chronicle one person - even if they were the ordinary commoner - could potentially be quite fascinating - after all he actually had a whole notebook for it. Bearded dragon job . I get the wheelbarrow comment . My boss told me to a wagon story relating to speaking up if you want something done. He said "The squeaky wheel is the one that gets fixed" .
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I do the same thing. And it means I am on here way too often.
I know what you mean . But well, at least we are real people - different from relating to fictional characters and situations .
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@much2say Absolutely.
Yes I do
That does happen to me sometimes.
You've covered a lot of topics . . . there have been many times I've thought of your posts .
@May2k8 (14536)
Luckily her grandson couldn't come here, it reminded me of people who have a beard to their toes.
That'd be a pretty long beard !
It could be virtual but behind is a real person here at myLot (lol)
The relationships may be virtual, but I like to know there are real friendships here .
Sometimes, but most of the time, it just reminds me of thinks I want to write about on mylot..
Ideas gotta come from somewhere, right? Lots of ideas here - just so little time to post .
Not so far
Not at all? When I hear about snow/winter, I think of many of you who do live with snow!
Mylot means a lot to me. And it helped me years ago when I had chemotherapy.
Lots of special people here and all around the world . I wanted to tell you I finally found arugula seeds . . . will think of you when I plant them !
• Mt. Vernon, New York
All the time and I like it.
After all, myLot is part of our real lives . . . pretty interesting, right?