She Wants to Go Here.

@rakski (80061)
I wrote about my MIL and SIL the other time. That they might have covid as presented by the symptoms they have. But since they do not want to be tested, we will never know what do they have. Just this morning my SIL asked me if she can come here to my house. It will be her 14th day of isolation. And I'm sure she missed going out of their house. I actually do not want them here yet for a full week more. I have two kids here and me and I have asthma so it is risky. So I told her that politely. What would you do if you are in my situation?
@DaddyEvil (33350)
One of my brothers came here and knocked on my front door... I called his cell and asked what he needed because I wasn't letting him in. He said he was just checking to make sure Pretty and I were doing okay. I told him we were doing fine and to have a good drive home again. I don't care who it is, during the pandemic, they aren't coming into my house!
@rakski (80061)
Yes, same here.
@cacay1 (53024)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DaddyEvil , at home too, no visitor, no relatives entry.
@DaddyEvil (33350)
@cacay1 We found out from one of my sisters later that my brother had Covid 19 when he came over. He wanted to give it to everyone in the family so we could 'just get it and get over it'. He has no health problems but Pretty and I do. I'm glad I didn't let him in.
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
I would keep them out like you are you have your safety and your children to think about. She will have to wait and respect what you want
@rakski (80061)
Yes, I am thinking of that too.
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
@rakski And she needs to understand that.
I would have said no too. It's just too risky
@rakski (80061)
True! I do not want to risk our health.
I wouldn't let anyone into my home during the pandemic. I certainly would not allow your sister-in-law in, especially with her not getting tested. I'm sure you wouldn't want to get covid and definitely not your kids!
@rakski (80061)
that is true!
@rakski I hope you don't let her visit.
@rakski (80061)
@DianneN not happening.
@brokenbee (9782)
How I wish I could also tell my SIL not to come here yet until the 3 cases in her barangay have recovered. But I can't and they started to stay here again, not inside our house though but in our compound, and I cannot prohibit my parents to mingle with them... Haaaay They still do, specially the kids..
@rakski (80061)
It's difficult, right?
@brokenbee (9782)
@rakski yes it is really difficult. That is why I just tell my eldest sister and she's the one who tells my parents how to take precautions because they don't listen to me,
@rakski (80061)
@brokenbee you're the youngest?
@sunrisefan (27256)
So, how did your SIL react? I hope she understands that you are immunocompromised and that you have vulnerable children.
@rakski (80061)
I actually do not know how she reacted but we are talking of risks and I will not put my family at risk.
@sunrisefan (27256)
@rakski Yes, your family is your utmost priority.
@rakski (80061)
@sunrisefan totally agree
I can't understand people not getting tested if they show the symptoms. My daughter is working as a Covid Tester at the moment and she says it's really easy. They are in and out in a few minutes and get the results sent to their phone in half an hour.
@rakski (80061)
The minds of people here are quite different. People tend to tag/label you if you tested positive. Also the tests done here took 24-48 hours before they will get results.
@rakski Really - that long?
@rakski (80061)
@jaboUK that was the last that I know of. I am not sure now if there are changes. Now we have the drive thru saliva test for covid.
@sol_cee (26441)
I would. She can come to your house anytime until after she’s super fine and symptoms-free.
@rakski (80061)
The same thought I have
@sol_cee (26441)
@rakski I wonder how she took it
@rakski (80061)
@sol_cee I am thinking of that too but she have to know the risks of her going here
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Unfortunately I suppose I would say no. A hard thing to do but you have kids to think about as well as yourself.
@rakski (80061)
That is true
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@rakski (80061)
@thelme55 (63950)
You have to say NO, for safety reason. Thinking in a Filipino way, they might get angry to you but it should be for safety reason. Otherwise, they have to make a COVID test before visiting you.
@rakski (80061)
I politely said no.
@thelme55 (63950)
@rakski That's good.
@rakski (80061)
@thelme55 yes, agree
@cacay1 (53024)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Do not entertain people my dear- no visitors. At home we prohibit visitor even relatives, No.Say No.
@rakski (80061)
yes, no visitors here for now
@arunima25 (54395)
• Bangalore, India
You did the right thing. I have politely declined so many visits this pandemic. I hope people on other end are logical and get me. If they are not, it's their problem. They are okay to misread me or misunderstand me.
@rakski (80061)
thank you.
@prinzcy (18283)
She should know better too I would probably do the same. Mom got hypertension. I can't expose her to something like that.
@rakski (80061)
Yes, that is right
You did the right thing by telling her to wait. No sense taking any chances.
@rakski (80061)
I agree. thank you
I think you did the right thing. You can't afford to get sick yourself or risk the children getting ill. Your SIL should understand that.
@rakski (80061)
True. I am just after our safety
• Midland, Michigan
They're not supposed to be contagious anymore if they had covid but since they wouldn't be tested there's no way to know how long they are contagious. So, it's probably better to stay away.
@rakski (80061)
that is right. I will give it more a week that they should isolate themselves
I do not think I would be so polite. Even if they did not have covid, they might be contagious. Some people just do not understand.
@rakski (80061)
yes, some people are just hard headed and they are in denial
I would definitely say no. We have not allowed anyone into our house since a year ago . . . and we have not been inside anyone else's home either. I have a friend who used to visit with her daughter - and it happened twice that she did not tell me that her daughter was sick until the kids were playing together . . . this was before covid. I do not trust her . . . it just has been better that we have this rule that we do not have any visitors at all.
@rakski (80061)
Yes it is better to be safe than sorry
• Mt. Vernon, New York
I had a call the other day and was asked could they come over. I said only if you have a key to get in. That was not a joke I am not letting anyone here other than my man and my aide and both of them get frequent tests. My man just got his negative on Monday.