They Are Gone

@wolfgirl569 (36582)
Marion, Ohio
The icicles crashed to the ground sometime overnight. They are shattered and melting on top of the snow. Everything is still white here. But the drifts are getting lower as time goes on. By tomorrow we should start seeing a fair amount of ground again. I was able to pull the second water bucket out of Pongos stall this morning. When I go out this afternoon I should be able to do the same in the girls stalls. I can dump the remaining ice out and go back to normal watering. That will just leave me needing to water the ducks in the afternoon while I am waiting for their trough to thaw out. That will take a little bit more time. Hope your day goes very good. I am going to enjoy it being 40 F outside.
@TheSojourner (30981)
It's nice that it's warming up. This morning, I was taking out a bin of recycle and noticed that I have bulbs showing a bit of growth. I think that it's all a bunch of tulip bulbs I "stole" from a neighbors' plot when then moved and the bulbs came to the surface in the fall before they moved another family in. I gathered a bunch of them up and threw them in where the gladioli didn't bloom last year. We shall see! It's exciting.
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope they grow good and nothing gets into them. It got to mid 40s today. Felt great outside. Still too much snow left
@wolfgirl569 I'll keep my fingers crossed. LOL
That's a sign that spring is on the way!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
She needs to hurry up.
@akalinus (35400)
When I lived in NY state, I saw icicles like that. They were dripping off the roof of our trailer. They got to be huge and sometimes they fell with a big crash. I don't like ice unless it is in my glass.
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
I dont like cold outside at all.
@akalinus (35400)
@wolfgirl569 I do not like cold either. That is one reason that I moved to Florida where it is hot most of the year.
Glad that it got warmer and the sun is out. With no snow here it looks very cold in the photo.
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
It was very nice here after the last couple of weeks
Good riddance!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
It cant go soon enough
@LindaOHio (58273)
40 degrees will seem like summer. Go away s**w!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
In the sun it did
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Making progress I see. Sunshine here and maybe 60 later. A heat wave.
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
Slowly, but it has started at least
@FourWalls (31270)
Oh, it’s 50 here and my jacket is in the car! Just winging it with a sweatshirt right now!!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
I was comfortable with my hoodie over a t-shirt
Wow those are some gigantic icicles hanging from your roof. Glad that you're having melting there. So far nothing has melted here but so far the week ahead looks promising with rising temperatures. Enjoy your day!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
We would get sun during the day that melted the fresh snow a little and then get more snow over night. That happened for about a week. This was one of the few things I enjoyed watching during this cold stretch.
Enjoy your day!
@wolfgirl569 (36582)
• Marion, Ohio
Thanks