I Love Bacon, Do You?

I love bacon so much, but I do not eat it very much. Once in awhile, I will go to Trader Joe's and buy a package of their Black Forest Uncured Bacon. I had a package in the freezer and thawed it this morning. It has been cooked and my townhouse smells so good. Though the photograph makes it look burnt, it is not. That is the darker color of the seasonings used to flavor it. Photo is my own.
• Rupert, Idaho
I like regular, and turkey bacon....I usually go for the pre-cooked bacon because I don't have to deal with the mess...and it's usually perfectly crispy out of the microwave :) Never tried black forest bacon!
I try to find uncured bacon and ham. It's more expensive, but worth it for me. As well, with this bacon from TJs, I find it is meatier than other bacon I have bought. As far as the mess, most of that comes from us cooking at too high a heat. Always put it in a large COLD skillet. Then, I turn the heat up to about midway on my gas stove. I would do the same with electric. I don't get the spattering, but I do have a spatter screen.
• Rupert, Idaho
@TheSojourner Well I do know that kind is healthier...but I have to go with what I can afford. Meatier might be good, just personally not a fan of the fat that is on bacon lol! Oh? Well that is good to know! I usually never cook it on a stove myself...if I were to cook raw bacon it'd be in the oven. It's not as messy as on the stove, but could spill the grease if not careful!
@MommyOfEli2013 I understand. My sis does her in the oven, too,
I love bacon but lately I've been going for uncured turkey bacon.
That's why I use the uncured TJs Black Forest. Turkey bacon and I just don't do well together. I guess it's better than nothing though LOL
@stephcjh (33866)
• New Albany, Indiana
Never tried that before but want to sometime.
• Mt. Vernon, New York
I was going to say yes but not burnt. I stopped buying it due to someone asking me to stop eating pork. I will be going to Amazon right now to put some in my cart if is less than $5
I don't burn mine. I don't like that. This is colored with the ingredients, so it's look is browner. I like mine chewy, never burnt, and certainly NOT limp. ;-)
@Chellezhere (2107)
I love bacon. Last night, I had an Angus burger with Cheddar and bacon, and also had bacon (real bacon) bits in my salad. And, for me, it has to be REAL bacon, not turkey, or that fake meat that people like Bill Gates are trying to persuade us all to eat. In my mind's eye, since the Amish can still eat what they do, stay healthy, and survive, so can I.
I don't like the fake bacon either
• San Jose, California
The Amish put up barns afterwards! I think if we were as physically active as the Amish, we could also eat whatever we want.
@spiderdust I am a native Pennsylvanian of Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. So, I know all too well that many of the English are less active than the Amish. But, that's not my circus, not my monkeys.
@kobesbuddy (119071)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I love bacon, but only eat it maybe once a month. And I want it crispy, not limp.
I like it chewy, not burnt, and NEVER limp. ROFLMAO
@kobesbuddy (119071)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner My mother always liked her bacon chewy, not crumbly.
@CarolDM (117598)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I do love bacon. And the smell is wonderful too.
I agree!
@CarolDM (117598)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@stephcjh (33866)
• New Albany, Indiana
Yep. Love it too.
@ShyBear88 (43464)
Mmm bacon looks so yummy.
It's nummy. :-)
@ShyBear88 (43464)
@TheSojourner it is but we have Turkey bacon it’s good but not as good as big bacon
@sallypup (43033)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You may visit my house any old time, so long as you bring some packages of that bacon. Thanks.
It's wonderful bacon, Lenore.
@stephcjh (33866)
• New Albany, Indiana
@thelme55 (64038)
Yummy! I love bacon, too.
@stephcjh (33866)
• New Albany, Indiana
@wolfgirl569 (36694)
• Marion, Ohio
I have it a lot of mornings.
@stephcjh (33866)
• New Albany, Indiana
We have it for breakfast and sometimes lunch and dinner.
@JWMILLER (3241)
• Westmoreland, Tennessee
Looks great to me
:-) It's tasty, for sure!
@JimBo452020 (41536)
• Montrose, Scotland
Oh yes I love Bacon. And so does my wife Yvonne. But we have not had bacon for sometime now. This is something that I fully intend to put right on my next visit to the shops
This isn't quite the "proper" British bacon, but it's meatier than most American rashers.
@JimBo452020 (41536)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner American bacon is ok though isn't it?
@JimBo452020 I am not as fond of it because of the fat level. I like a more meaty bacon.
@arunima25 (54449)
• Bangalore, India
Enjoy your bacons. Being a vegetarian, I have never tried them but I am sure that they are tasty and that's why so popular.
I have made carrot bacon before
@arunima25 (54449)
• Bangalore, India
@TheSojourner Oh! That sounds interesting. I should explore that
Carrot Bacon! Carrots turned into vegan bacon using my new rice paper bacon marinade! This carrot bacon recipe can be made in under 30 minutes!
@FourWalls (31316)
I'm allergic to it, so I can't eat it. More for you to eat, though!
Even the uncured kind? Usually, it's the nitrates that people have the allergy to.
@FourWalls (31316)
@TheSojourner -- as screwy as my stomach has been the past couple of months, I am not going to run the risk of finding out the hard way.
@FourWalls Can you eat other pork?
Bacon - YES ! We've done the turkey bacon many a times, but nothing nothing nothing tastes like real bacon. I've been using bacon as an "ingredient" in meals in the past year rather than eating it just like that - like on a baked potato or certain salads. But I love to eat it just like that !
Try the black forest bacon from TJs sometime. Worth every bit. I like it cooked with onions and cabbage. YUMMY.
@TheSojourner It's now on my grocery list. We often get TJs uncured, dry rubbed one (plain jane bacon). Oh but I like the coloring in your photo!!
@much2say I absolutely love it.
• Israel
@TheSojourner Enjoy your bacon. I am glad you have your bacon. I do not eat it. I had it before. Now i keep only kosher and so only eat things that are kosher and do not eat pork at all. I am glad for you.
I know you keep kosher, so I never figured you had eaten bacon.
• Israel
@TheSojourner I did in the States. I grew up in a Kosher home but I did not eat kosher there. Here I only eat Kosher.
@Hannihar I understand.
@besweet (9469)
• Greece
I love bacon too ! But we can't have it too often because pork is not allowed in our country of residence at the moment. They have fake bacon from beef which doesn't taste like bacon at all!
I grew up being able to get beef bacon, and I loved it.
@besweet (9469)
• Greece
@TheSojourner I think beef bacon is very dry, because it doesn't have fat like the pork bacon.
@besweet It has been so long since I've had it. I enjoy beef jerky, so it might not be a problem for me.
Yes, I do love bacon. I wish I didn't enjoy meat quite so much. I would prefer to be a vegetarian.
I eat about half-and-half veg/meat meals.
@macayada (1301)
@TheSojourner Yes we also need protein as source of energy.
@myklj999 (54141)
I like my bacon with bacon and a side order of bacon
Oh, yeah, baby!!!
@Bubba90 (686)
Even it's look delicious
It is.